Poll

Should The ALDS/NLDS Be 5 Or 7 Games?

5 Games
3 (27.3%)
7 Games
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Should The ALDS/NLDS Be 7 Games?  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Should The ALDS/NLDS Be 7 Games?
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:12:37 AM »
I never though it was fair that a 162 game season should all come down to 3 losses.
What do you think?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Should The ALDS/NLDS Be 7 Games?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »
I Always thought it was unfair how only in baseball can you have each stadium different dimensions, makes no sense! Imagine in MSG the bAskets are 5 ft high and staples center 9 ft etc etc I never understood it.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »
I Always thought it was unfair how only in baseball can you have each stadium different dimensions, makes no sense! Imagine in MSG the bAskets are 5 ft high and staples center 9 ft etc etc I never understood it.

+1 - that's always stumped me.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »
Nah, that's part of the beauty of the game.  Would be quite boring if every stadium had the same dimensions.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
+1
agree that each stadium should have different dimensions
i think 5 games is enough though

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:05 AM »
Nah, that's part of the beauty of the game.  Would be quite boring if every stadium had the same dimensions.

Other sports aren't boriing, and AFIAK, they're dimensions are uniform (basketball, tennis, football, etc)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Should The ALDS/NLDS Be 7 Games?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:55 AM »
+1. Maybe all the teams should relocate and play in the same stadium with the same wind/sun angles etc. In hockey every arena the ice is diff. In football the grass is diff all over. Just ask every visitor to soldier field in chicago. The grass there sucks. Should they all have artificial turf?

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »
+1. Maybe all the teams should relocate and play in the same stadium with the same wind/sun angles etc. In hockey every arena the ice is diff. In football the grass is diff all over. Just ask every visitor to soldier field in chicago. The grass there sucks. Should they all have artificial turf?
These are differences caused by nature, dimensions is man made

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
in baseball the dimensions of the bases are the same its just the outfield that is different
maybe it should be the same

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »
Other sports aren't boriing, and AFIAK, they're dimensions are uniform (basketball, tennis, football, etc)
Other sports are also timed.  Maybe baseball should be 3 outs or 10 minutes, whichever comes first?

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
maybe football should have 9 quarters cuz baseball has 9 innings ??? standard dimensions throughout all of mlb is such a basic thing its beyond me: rule book says any ball hit out of park is  a HR, why should that be 420 in left field in one stadium and 390 in another??? imho yanks woulds won 03 ws if not for humongous pp stadium

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
My point was that baseball is a very unconventional sport.  No other sport has "purists" like baseball has, it is classic Americana.

The history of baseball is that every stadium is different, to standardize that would detract from the uniqueness of America's unconventional game.  Imagine if there was no green monster or if wrigley field had the same dimensions as the old yankee stadium?

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
yeah but now when they build new stadiums then they should regulate it more, dont change the old stadiums but if you build a new one then it has to be X many feet to the fence and so on

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »
yeah but now when they build new stadiums then they should regulate it more, dont change the old stadiums but if you build a new one then it has to be X many feet to the fence and so on
will never happen

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
+100 exactly my point! count how many stadiums have been built in last 10 years or so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_stadiums they all should have been made to build in same dimensions

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »
+100 exactly my point! count how many stadiums have been built in last 10 years or so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_stadiums they all should have been made to build in same dimensions
Lol...the day that happens, or the day strikes and balls are done by computer instead of by umpire, is the day baseball dies.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »
Lol...the day that happens, or the day strikes and balls are done by computer instead of by umpire, is the day baseball dies.
ok so the barclays center (brooklyn nets) should make the court smaller and lower baskets, right? ???

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
how can u compare balls and strikes to the basic dimensions of a sports playing field (not literaly)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
ok so the barclays center (brooklyn nets) should make the court smaller and lower baskets, right? ???
Basketball has always been a rigid sport, with a playing clock and set dimensions.  Why would that change?
Baseball is far more whimsical and never has had such rules.  To introduce them now would be nothing short of heresy.

how can u compare balls and strikes to the basic dimensions of a sports playing field (not literaly)
You're missing the essence and utter beauty of baseball if you don't understand what I've said until now.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
your making no sense, just cuz its not a timed game, therefore the playing field shouldnt be equal ???