Author Topic: 5 Free Numbers  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
5 Free Numbers
« on: July 08, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »
When cell companies started announcing the $100 unlimited everything plan, all the other companies immediately followed suit, literally within a day or two.

So when I heard that VZW has this new 5 or 10 free numbers for the higher plans, I was excited thinking AT&T would shortly follow suit. To my dismay, it's been a few months and AT&T still has not come up with the 5 or 10 free numbers plan. Has anyone read anything online about "the company with less bars in more places" creating such a plan?

Thanks
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 5 Free Numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
Sprint, Tmobile, and VZW all have 5-10 free numbers, but none of those have rollover minutes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »
Aha, so you think that's why Cingular didn't add it yet? Interesting. I would much rather have 5 free than rollover, probably because I am on the unlimited plan and make no use of rollover :)

But the killer for me is that being on the unlimited plan took away my 24% discount. On the same-priced 2,000 minute plan I was paying only $84 and now I'm paying the full $100. With 5 or 10 free numbers I would be able to switch down to the 2,000 minute plan which would get me back my 24% discount.

Oh well.
-Eli

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »
dan, when did sprint start that i have the pick 3.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »
For those of you who are unaware, Cingular/AT&T started the 5 free for some of their individual plans and 10 free with some Family plans. They call it the A-List. The website to sign up is www.att.com/alist

Individual plans 900+ minutes ($59.99 and over) per month, and
FamilyTalk plans 1400+ minutes ($89.99 and over) per month
qualify for A-List
-Eli

Offline Mordy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:15:10 PM »
Not bad. Hurray for standards!

Still not as good a deal as the Any Mobile Any Time Everything plans on Sprint... bout the same price, plus data, texting, BB service, MMS, GPS, Sprint TV... and only use minutes for landlines. Unless you get them to add Pick 3.
But- I do miss GSM sometimes (although my Touch Pro 2 has a GSM slot, and I've unlocked it to work with US carriers. Kind of cool to be able to go from ATT to T-mobile to Sprint on a whim. Oh, and verizon if I put my phone on Roam Only!)
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com