Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 51934 times)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Current: BB Bold 9650
Next: On the fence- not sure if I should upgrade to the BB 9930 or an Android, specifically liking the Galaxy S2 very much at the moment... (I suffer from BBM addiction)
I see the Galaxy S2 on Sprint.com for $199 with the upgrade. I notice that Amazon wireless has it for $149. Is there any downside to upgrading and buying through Amazon? I see it walks me through choosing a plan and options even though its an upgrade and says the plan chosen will go into effect for the whole "family". my main concern is if I will lose any discounts I currently have on my account.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
I see the Galaxy S2 on Sprint.com for $199 with the upgrade. I notice that Amazon wireless has it for $149. Is there any downside to upgrading and buying through Amazon? I see it walks me through choosing a plan and options even though its an upgrade and says the plan chosen will go into effect for the whole "family". my main concern is if I will lose any discounts I currently have on my account.

Do they have the leave my plan as it is option? A lot of the companies have that now (Wirefly, Letstalk etc)
There shouldn't be a downside. Try and see if you can find it for that price in store ( Best Buy, RAdio Shack) they for sure don't ruin your plans.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Do they have the leave my plan as it is option? A lot of the companies have that now (Wirefly, Letstalk etc)
There shouldn't be a downside. Try and see if you can find it for that price in store ( Best Buy, RAdio Shack) they for sure don't ruin your plans.
I dont see any "leave my plan as is" option.
Best buy and Radio shack sell the phone for $199.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Current: BB 9650.
Future: Been having an itchy trigger finger to get the iPhone4s on Sprint.

Anyone get it yet?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Current: BB 9650.
Future: Been having an itchy trigger finger to get the iPhone4s on Sprint.

Anyone get it yet?

Got it for my wife, pretty impressed with it.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Got it for my wife, pretty impressed with it.

Did she come from a BB? Is she having BBM withdrawal? Keyboard withdrawal? All of which may necessitate nightly lines of a certain extra-curricular substance for me...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Did she come from a BB? Is she having BBM withdrawal? Keyboard withdrawal? All of which may necessitate nightly lines of a certain extra-curricular substance for me...

Lol nah she went thru all that when she went from tour to evo

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Lol nah she went thru all that when she went from tour to evo

Ha, but she did have the withdrawal... that's the only thing that concerns me. Otherwise, I'd be ready to jump ship.

(Kind of waiting to see what RIM has in store with their latest QNX acquisition...)

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ha, but she did have the withdrawal... that's the only thing that concerns me. Otherwise, I'd be ready to jump ship.

(Kind of waiting to see what RIM has in store with their latest QNX acquisition...)

No keyboard withdrawal, she did miss bbm in the beginning but sms and other im services work as well :)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
They announced the BBX OS today. But forget about it; no way they'll get anything near the apps on iOS/Android
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline AJK

• View Profile
They announced the BBX OS today. But forget about it; no way they'll get anything near the apps on iOS/Android

I'd be content with just a totally revamped BB OS. If I have to use the BB web browser for one more day, I'm gonna...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
I'd be content with just a totally revamped BB OS. If I have to use the BB web browser for one more day, I'm gonna...
You have OS6? Not bad IMHO
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline AJK

• View Profile
You have OS6? Not bad IMHO

Ah, like nails on a chalkboard: I think its terrible.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Everyone has BBM withdrawal anyways since it  NEVER WORKS. Might as well get the iphone.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Simcha89

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Currently have a blackberry curve

Interested in switching to the new iphone