Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 51596 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
IF they can make a secure BES application for Android/iOS, it will probably be worth more than a blackberry, since the companies need phones that their employees want.
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Microsoft Exchange/Activesync is just as secure as BES(encryption wise). the problem is that iOS/Android are rootable which allows you to remove/ignore policies set by the companies.

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle, HHonors Gold, Silver Medallion, United 1k, AA Executive Platinum
how often does it happen that a store employee will tell you to buy it, try it, and then return it?!

i was in best buy the other day to get virgin mobile just to try it out for a month and see how sprint service works in my house - to see if the family should move to sprint - because at&t is horrendous in my house.
anyways the employee tells me if u want u can buy the android triumph and then come back in - in 29 days and return it.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
how often does it happen that a store employee will tell you to buy it, try it, and then return it?!

i was in best buy the other day to get virgin mobile just to try it out for a month and see how sprint service works in my house - to see if the family should move to sprint - because at&t is horrendous in my house.
anyways the employee tells me if u want u can buy the android triumph and then come back in - in 29 days and return it.

Of course he told you that. If you don't end up coming back, he gets a commission.
PGF24BMGS

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle, HHonors Gold, Silver Medallion, United 1k, AA Executive Platinum
Of course he told you that. If you don't end up coming back, he gets a commission.
ya but i told him im gonna come back which i plan on so hes betting on a real small chance. i told him im just trying out the service and im moving my family to a family plan not prepaid

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
If you do return it it's no skin off his neck.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
If you do return it it's no skin off his neck.
correct but thats not called a good employee. (even though he has no reason to care and if know one knows he said that then hes good.)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Worst Buy has good employees?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
lol. never heard that one before! yes, they are pretty darn expensive and thinking about it no, they dont have may good employees. in my few times that i shopped there (and most times went back to return it bec i found it for more then half the price cheaper somewhere else) the workers barely know their own store!

Offline rm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
On a side note, (although this was mentioned earlier in this thread), if I have one of those frum plans (Sprint) and I change my phone will that change my plan? I have a BB now and paid a one time flat rate for data service, no monthly fee. What happens now if I switch to somethng like the iphone?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Going from a really old motoralla ( see here)-I'll put it to you this way it still says cingular on it. Upgrading to a Droid Bionic
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Going from a really old motoralla ( see here)-I'll put it to you this way it still says cingular on it. Upgrading to a Droid Bionic

Wow think you just may have beat Dan in the "best upgrade" award.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Why the Bionic?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
as opposed to the nexus? got it for free from the penny sale
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.