Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 48555 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
as opposed to the nexus? got it for free from the penny sale
Odds are that Amazon will have the Droid Razr, Rezound, and Nexus for cheap within the next few weeks.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Waiting around for a Sprint QWERTY Android device. I think the EVO shift is a bit outdated and the new Motorola doesn`t talk to me.
Car Rentals in Israel - http://www.rechev.rentals/

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Waiting around for a Sprint QWERTY Android device. I think the EVO shift is a bit outdated and the new Motorola doesn`t talk to me.

Yea, that's because Siri is an Apple innovation :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bosoxfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Now:BB. Very soon: iPhone 4s

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Anyone here pick up the new Evo Design 4g that can comment on the battery life?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Anyone here pick up the new Evo Design 4g that can comment on the battery life?

Can't comment on the battery life other than I hope its better than that joke of a battery in the original EVO.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Can't comment on the battery life other than I hope its better than that joke of a battery in the original EVO.

Well I'd like an Android and besides for my LG Optimus S which somehow had awesome battery life my choices are kind of slim.

It's pretty crazy that in todays day and age they can't make an Android phone that will get you through the day comfortably with a good amount of usage.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Well I'd like an Android and besides for my LG Optimus S which somehow had awesome battery life my choices are kind of slim.

It's pretty crazy that in todays day and age they can't make an Android phone that will get you through the day comfortably with a good amount of usage.

Walt Mossberg recently had a column that said the next major advances will come in the field of batteries and battery life. Ken yehi ratzon.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
Walt Mossberg recently had a column that said the next major advances will come in the field of batteries and battery life. Ken yehi ratzon.

Halevai, there haven't been any game-changing advances in this field in a very long time.
#hashtagsareoverrated

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Halevai, there haven't been any game-changing advances in this field in a very long time.

...which, to my mind, is quite surprising given the level of dependency humanity has with battery power.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2011, 12:52:58 AM »
...which, to my mind, is quite surprising given the level of dependency humanity has with battery power.

The progress we've had is incremental, we need something disruptive.
#hashtagsareoverrated

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2011, 12:53:45 AM »
The progress we've had is incremental, we need something disruptive.

...nuclear powered batteries anyone?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »
...nuclear powered batteries anyone?

Call it Chernobyl :)
#hashtagsareoverrated

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:45 AM »

Not to mention the fact that they'd likely be banned from air travel.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
Not to mention the fact that they'd likely be banned from air travel.

And AsherO and AJK lived happily ever after....