Topic Wiki

Some Lomdishe Acronyms For This Thread (Feel free to update the wiki as needed.)

AYLR – Ask Your Local Rabbi
KHLH – כל המקיל לא הפסיד
IMHnrO - In My Humble non-rabbinic Opinion
MB – Mishna Berura
MM - Mar'eh Makom
MMR – Machlokes Mechaber & Rema
NM - Nafka Minah
S – Siman
SF – Se’if
SHUA – Shulchan Aruch
SK – Se’if Katan
WTM – What’s The Mekor (?)
YMMV – Your Minhag May Vary

Author Topic: All Halocha Shailos and teiffa Questions  (Read 125397 times)

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: All Halocha Shailos and teffia Questions
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
i dont think anyone would consider it stealing. i may be wrong though.
I don't know.  I would think that quite possibly if they are offering a special discount as hakaras hatov and you apply it even though it wasn't meant for you that might be stealing.  You feel differently?   Recently there was a way to get magazines for free.  If i understood correctly it was a code that was specifically given to teachers but then got leaked.  Why should anyone who was not given the code and didn't earn it be allowed to use it? 

I'm not judging others, I'm just asking.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
Is it mutar to diet?

Check out Igros Moshe CM 2 65
Create professional looking itineraries.
Free trial! Check out eliteitinerary.com
Code:DD

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle, HHonors Gold, Silver Medallion, United 1k, AA Executive Platinum
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »
Is it mutar to diet?

Check out Igros Moshe CM 2 65
wow i guess there are things that you wouldnt think that have a halacha side to it!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
wow i guess there are things that you wouldnt think that have a halacha side to it!
I just found out that the person who asked the shaila was about 10 at the time. Look how R' Moshe addressed him
Create professional looking itineraries.
Free trial! Check out eliteitinerary.com
Code:DD

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
I just found out that the person who asked the shaila was about 10 at the time. Look how R' Moshe addressed him

A gadol is a gadol is a gadol.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 08:04:55 PM »
is one allowed to own stock in a company like Mcdonalds that uses meat/milk products. im not asking about regular not kosher but basur vechalav bec it is assur in hanah. what about a company like costco which sells those types of products but is not a major source of their income. i know it is discussed so really looking for rabbanim/sefarim that talk about it

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:12 AM »
I just went through this whole thread and I am surprised that I haven't really seen the most common answer given whenever someone asks an halachic question on DDF, the YMMV of halachic questions: "Ask your LOR".
Before reading, I really thought this thread was gonna be pointless cause it would be full of those answers..

ps.(Still pointless IMO since you really should only rely on an LOR and not someone on DDF).
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
is one allowed to own stock in a company like Mcdonalds that uses meat/milk products. im not asking about regular not kosher but basur vechalav bec it is assur in hanah. what about a company like costco which sells those types of products but is not a major source of their income. i know it is discussed so really looking for rabbanim/sefarim that talk about it
do i win a prize for being the first person to stump the ddf rabbinate

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4134
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »
do i win a prize for being the first person to stump the ddf rabbinate
The problem is you asked for halacha le'masah. If you would of asked for everyone to blabber an opinion it would be a different story... ;)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
ok 3,2,1 go let the blabbering begin

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »
ok 3,2,1 go let the blabbering begin
Asur bi'hana means asur bi'hana. NO? If you want to find loopholes in yidishkeit I am sure you could, but why risk your olam haba for some money? You should be investing in other things like yeshivas, kolels, and kiruv organizations then you will earn a REAL parnasa :). Good babel?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »
Asur bi'hana means asur bi'hana. NO? If you want to find loopholes in yidishkeit I am sure you could, but why risk your olam haba for some money? You should be investing in other things like yeshivas, kolels, and kiruv organizations then you will earn a REAL parnasa :). Good babel?

That argument is problematic, because Chametz Sheaavar Alav Hapesach is also assur b'hanaah (b'mashehu), and it would be a problem with many food corporations/conglomerates.
DDF's version of Godwin's Law: As a DDF thread grows longer, the probability of it pivoting to religion approaches 1...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »
That argument is problematic, because Chametz Sheaavar Alav Hapesach is also assur b'hanaah (b'mashehu), and it would be a problem with many food corporations/conglomerates.
The individual can sell his stock along with his other food to a goy. Same thing any Jew that owns a non-kosher grocery does over pessach. What is the deal with earning stock money on shabbos?

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »
  What is the deal with earning stock money on shabbos?

the market is closed on shabbos and sunday
according to the BHI (business halacha institute) the poskim come out that it is permitted

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »

the market is closed on shabbos and sunday, according to the BHI (business halacha institute) the poskim come out that it is permitted
Depends which market you are invested in... And that is cool. Did they give a svara?