Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3446132 times)

Offline skinfarrock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #10680 on: January 26, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
How can I get NM GC physical?

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: January 26, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »
How can I get NM GC physical?
buy one for $5 shipping, or don't open the email. terms say if its not activated (read: click the link in email to view it) within 60 days they mail you a physical one
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline bortunkm

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: January 26, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »
If anyone has been to Linden and/or Edison Sam's Club, can you report how it went, re ID, limits, stock, general attitude, etc? I've reported upthread re Freehold; I'd like to know about the other options.
Feel free to PM if you don't want to post.
Thanks.

Edison was great.

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: January 26, 2017, 08:38:27 PM »
ok so whent to SC  i got 6 $200 MS GG ,how do i do the payment loads?thanks

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »

you really should have a plan before you buy the gift cards

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10685 on: January 26, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »
😂

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: January 26, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
thanks for the musser ,i was asking people who would let me know what to do ,so i guess your not 1 of them,if you continue like this you will probably get  10,000 post in no time

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: January 26, 2017, 09:29:30 PM »
thanks for the musser ,i was asking people who would let me know what to do ,so i guess your not 1 of them,if you continue like this you will probably get  10,000 post in no time

you went out and spent $1000 dollars with no clue how to get it back. its not about mussar, this is about making sure other people don't jump into things before they are ready.

the irony being i was debating PMing you because i felt bad.

ill still help you out though. read back through this thread a bunch of pages as people talk about the sams club offer there are some nuggets of wisdom in here that will help you out.

also: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/104142

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: January 26, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
Life pro tip: if you want to give it to someone, it should optimally done with proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Otherwise, the post has a tendency to look foolish.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: January 26, 2017, 09:41:28 PM »
Life pro tip: if you want to give it to someone, it should optimally done with proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. Otherwise, the post has a tendency to look foolish.
like you :o ??? but thanks any way i knew you would come on this soon ... i already have 2 nice people who pmed and helped  me with ideas how to get it done,who are not such kids like you and the rest of these ....

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: January 26, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »
like you :o ??? but thanks any way i knew you would come on this soon ... i already have 2 nice people who pmed and helped  me with ideas how to get it done,who are not such kids like you and the rest of these ....
Before my first post, I read through the "start here" section of this forum. I have never had the issue you seem to be having solely because of that. Give it a whirl
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: January 26, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »
I think a lesson learned from our SC experience (as well as BB and others) is that really good offers should be redeemed asap. As time goes on, the stores tighten the rules and get less accommodating.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: January 26, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »
I think a lesson learned from our SC experience (as well as BB and others) is that really good offers should be redeemed asap. As time goes on, the stores tighten the rules and get less accommodating.
+100
was asked for ID for the first time tonight!

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: January 26, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »
Always the same, first the cry for help, and then the attitude immediately follows!

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: January 27, 2017, 12:47:39 AM »
Always the same, first the cry for help, and then the attitude immediately follows!
:o ??? ??? ??? :o now you woke up,were done with this for. A couple of hours already, ha I love the way you say CRY FOR HELP

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #10695 on: January 27, 2017, 01:01:26 AM »
:o ??? ??? ??? :o now you woke up,were done with this for. A couple of hours already, ha I love the way you say CRY FOR HELP
Don't flatter yourself. I wasn't responding to you at all. I was merely quoting your post to show what I was referring to. Unfortunately we are not done with this at all. Today it was you tomorrow it will be someone else. The script however, remains the same.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: January 27, 2017, 01:09:38 AM »
Don't flatter yourself. I wasn't responding to you at all. I was merely quoting your post to show what I was referring to. Unfortunately we are not done with this at all. Today it was you tomorrow it will be someone else. The script however, remains the same.

Isn't what's this is all about, to help other people ? If you don't like helping other people then don't subscribe to the forum. I assume there was a time that you did not know how to play this game, And you probably relyed on someone else's advice. Don't bash someone when they ask a question. If you don't feel like answering. Then don't.
If you don't have something nice to say. Don't say anything.
Nothing personal here. I can't take the attitude here. 

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: January 27, 2017, 01:26:35 AM »
Isn't what's this is all about, to help other people ? If you don't like helping other people then don't subscribe to the forum. I assume there was a time that you did not know how to play this game, And you probably relyed on someone else's advice. Don't bash someone when they ask a question. If you don't feel like answering. Then don't.
There are a couple issues here. As as2 said, most of us took the time to read through the threads before we jumped in. Also, most of us probably jumped in to signing up for cc which don't involve any expenditure. To run out and buy $1200 with no idea how to cash out is simply irresponsible,and honestly, if he didn't get hit hard he'd just do it again, and lay out more when the next chance came along and get himself in deep debt. Better to be attacked, feel bad, despise the people who attacked him, but next time think it all the way through.
Furthermore many of us have put in thousands of hours both here on ddf and elsewhere and in the real world figuring this stuff out. While we want to help, it is extremely frustrating when Pete come and ask to be spoofed everything, especially when they get all defensive.
I keep going back to the horror stories of people eying at target employees, demanding the right to load their RedCard (or 15 cards) and holding up the line. And then we wonder why things get killed?
It takes some delicacy and finesse to be able to MS successfully and get the employees who help us to like you.
Another example.
I went to sams club in November on a Sunday. Grabbed like 20k in gift cards went to cs and asked to buy them.manager came over and asked if I had just been there last night.
Long story short, I had not but other Jewish guys had been. They acted shady, would not give their license, or other info (even though they needed to use their SC card), and the manager decided not to sell. They got upset and ended up making a small scene and a huge chillul hashem.
I, on the other hand, explained EXACTLY what I was doing, how the amex offer worked, and I even vaguely described how I cashed out. I offered my license, agreed to fill out the AML form and had a very pleasant experience. She had no issue and I was able to undo the damage done the previous night. She was so comfortable with my explanation that she held a box of cards for a month till I came back again, and another ddfer also went there and was up front with her.
The next time I went I brought a box of cookies to thank her.
This is what I've learned from doing this alot this year. But the attitude of the other guys is that of people who don't fully understand what we are doing. Is it scary to fill out the AML form? Sure, if you don't know what it's about. But we aren't doing anything illegal, we gotta be comfortable with what we do, and you gotta go slow, have a plan,, have a backup plan, be able to float the funds, and most importantly be nice.
It's more than just run and spend. There is a lot of effort we have put into this. All we ask is that the n00bs put in a drop of effort. At the very least, read through the last few days of this thread. For better or worse it's almost all here.

/rant
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:30:00 AM by noturbizniss »
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: January 27, 2017, 01:26:45 AM »
Read the back and forth, it should be self explanatory. It seems that it least for some it isn't. I will spend a minute expalning it, but then let's get this thread back on topic. Someone went and spent $1200 on GC, without a proper plan for cashing them out. Once the deed was done he came here looking for help. Someone responded that one should really not buy GC without a proper cashing out plan. This was very constructive criticism in my opinion (given the fraud rate going on with these cards lately). Instead of accepting the advice and moving on, OP got mad that there was no one spoon feeding him answers. This has been happening more and more as of late, and it's getting annoying. So in short yes, this forum is to help people. I and many others try to give helpful advice when we can. When someone new asks a question and immediately starts giving attitude to the people that respond to him, it's not ok. Are we clear?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: January 27, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »
" When someone new asks a question and immediately starts giving attitude to the people that respond to him, it's not ok. Are we clear? "

He only gave attitude to someone who gave him attitude as to why he was asking the question. All I am saying is, If someone does not want to answer a question, just ignore. They take the time and effort to respond, but without a productive response. Just to bash and belittling that person, Because they get annoyed from the question.