Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3483291 times)

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #12220 on: October 16, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »
Does GC (electronic or physical) trigger Mr Porter Offer?

Did you try this / does it work?  Don't see any follow up.

Offline mike

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: October 20, 2017, 12:14:02 AM »
So obvious question - for the spend $99 get 5,000 points on Amazon Prime Annual Membership, is there any chance that it works if you buy a $100 gift card? Also, can you buy multiple years of membership in advance?

Spend $99+, get 5,000 Membership Rewards® Points
Amazon Prime Annual Membership
EXPIRES

3/2/2018
Redeem Now
DETAILS

Get 5,000 additional Membership Rewards® points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend $99+ on an annual Amazon Prime membership at Amazon.com by 1/31/2018. See terms for exclusions.

Do you see gift of prime membership triggered this offer?

does buying a Prime gift subscription with this offer work? whats the best way to get this offer besides renewing prime?

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: October 20, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »
Anyone else having trouble connecting cc via Twitter?

“Unfortunately, the system is having trouble connecting your accounts at this time. Please try again later or for assistance, please visit our FAQs.”

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #12225 on: October 20, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »
Undercover Tourist: Spend $100 in one or more transactions by 01/01/2018, get $20 back.

Found on BP and Blue for business AUs.  Perfect timing for me. Can you do split tender on UCT?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: October 20, 2017, 01:49:13 PM »
"Gifting Prime membership also doesn’t work."

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-offer-amazon-spend-99-amazon-prime-membership-receive-5000-membership-rewards-plus-stack-offer-properly/
That doesn't help anything terms and condition do not exclude gifting Dan said he would have to call in and the request for data point is if anyone has gotten the points credited yet
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12227 on: October 20, 2017, 02:48:31 PM »
My case is being escalated.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: October 20, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
My case is being escalated.
Thank you

Offline myndreamland

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: October 20, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »
I got a bunch of $100/150 AT&T offers. I am thinking of signing up for post-paid AT&T wireless service, made a bunch of payments, and then cancel service after a month for a refund check. The cost would be a hard pull and whatever service fees for one month. Do you think this will work? Thanks.

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: October 20, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
I got a bunch of $100/150 AT&T offers. I am thinking of signing up for post-paid AT&T wireless service, made a bunch of payments, and then cancel service after a month for a refund check. The cost would be a hard pull and whatever service fees for one month. Do you think this will work? Thanks.
It has been discussed up thread.
If you open a personal account then you can only make 5 payments per day. But no limit on a business account. (In my experience I did 10 in 1 day)
You should probably keep it open for more then 1 month. From previous reports, they will refund your credit card rather then send you a check if it’s open less then 2 months.the cheapest plan I found was a tablet for $15 a month.

Offline myndreamland

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: October 20, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »
If you open a personal account then you can only make 5 payments per day. But no limit on a business account. (In my experience I did 10 in 1 day)
You should probably keep it open for more then 1 month. From previous reports, they will refund your credit card rather then send you a check if it’s open less then 2 months.the cheapest plan I found was a tablet for $15 a month.

I read the last 10 pages or so. I apologize for not seeing the previous discussion.

That is interesting. Payments toward a tablet plan can trigger the offer? Also, I read elsewhere there might be a $300 limit but that seems to be only for Uverse. Will the tablet plan be subject to this same limitation? Thanks a lot.

Offline SoloExperiment

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: October 20, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »

where are these 2 month data points?

Offline va4883

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: October 21, 2017, 01:47:35 AM »
Anyone else having trouble connecting cc via Twitter?

“Unfortunately, the system is having trouble connecting your accounts at this time. Please try again later or for assistance, please visit our FAQs.”
Yes. I've been getting same error for 2 days.

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #12234 on: October 21, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
Any problems getting the 5K MR when purchasing a Prime membership via a cashback portal?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: October 21, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »
I read the last 10 pages or so. I apologize for not seeing the previous discussion.

That is interesting. Payments toward a tablet plan can trigger the offer? Also, I read elsewhere there might be a $300 limit but that seems to be only for Uverse. Will the tablet plan be subject to this same limitation? Thanks a lot.
I have 2 separate accounts. 1 has a $15 tablet plan and one has a $50 phone plan. Both trigger the offer.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: October 21, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »
where are these 2 month data points?
Someone reported up thread that they refunded his cards , I found out that that account was open less then 1 month. I don’t have a DP that after 2 moths they will send a check. Just saying that less then 1 month they did refund.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #12237 on: October 21, 2017, 11:02:46 PM »
I have 2 separate accounts. 1 has a $15 tablet plan and one has a $50 phone plan. Both trigger the offer.
Does the tablet or phone plan has a $300 limit as uverse?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: October 21, 2017, 11:06:58 PM »
Any problems getting the 5K MR when purchasing a Prime membership via a cashback portal?

Why would there be a problem? The purchase is posting the same way

Offline SoloExperiment

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: October 21, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »
Someone reported up thread that they refunded his cards , I found out that that account was open less then 1 month. I don’t have a DP that after 2 moths they will send a check. Just saying that less then 1 month they did refund.

We may have spoken to same person. Seems for sure that any new account that hasn’t had a statement close will certainly be refunded back to CC