Author Topic: Frequent flyer account home address  (Read 2930 times)

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Frequent flyer account home address
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:35:28 AM »
Anyone know does it make a difference in where u make ur home address on ur frequent flyer accounts. For example i heard from some english guy that always flies ba that he based his account in israel cause that way when he redeem's miles they take less and same regarding status they upgrade him faster. Any help will be appreciated. And is this on all airlines.   

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Frequent flyer account home address
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »
AA gives overseas based frequent flyers 4 international upgrades upon hitting 1 million lifetime miles, domestic account holders only get 4,000 miles worth of domestic upgrades.

Continental has traditionally given Europe/Israel based flyers perks like:
-Free Presidents club membership as a perk with Gold/Platinum status.
-200% Elite miles on full-fare/BusinessFirst tickets. (400% elite miles during double elite promos)
-Expedited elite status based on transatlantic segments.

As of their switch to the Star Alliance on 10/27 the 200% offer goes away but the other bonuses are unknown.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:42:09 PM »
So if i've got the option of listing my address in a country other then where the airline is based is it worth it or are there certain perks which they give only to ppl living in the same country ?

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:26:45 AM »
Generally every frequent flyer program has different offers for different countries stated in their profile, and as long as you don't expect a card to arrive in the mail (disable statements being set to you (which can often result in some extra bonus miles)).

Some programs require less mileage to reach a status level if your profile isn't set to the country in which this airlines has it's hubs.  (because you supposedly have to go out of your way to fly with them).

Some time based offers will be sent according to your profiles country, but if someone forward you the the offers which often includes a link to register it will usually still work.

There are sometimes fixed differences between mileage required if your profile is set to a different country, than you will have to change before your booking the profiles country.

Note: Some programs although they let you change every day your profile, they will only adapt your first change for promos and other regulations (basically, only the actual mailing address will change).

If you have a specific program in mind, maybe state it here, and someone might be able to help you.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:48:49 AM »
 CO has already busted some people who had a Israeli address but seemed to always have started there trips from the US, dont think there was any type of penalty. So be warned they do check time to time. And they can do what they wish to, with the couple that were busted since they were Plats and flew often thats why maybe CO left them alone,  CO took away any Miles , Pts etc that they shouldnt have gotten in the 1st place.

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »
But is there any specials that u get if u r based in the home town of the airline ?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:29 AM »
By Miles & more there is a very reduced mileage needed if profiles is middle east.

Maybe its true this CO story, but to my opinion a passenger can start his ticket from where he wants.

I need to book tons of bru - ewr returns, but if ewr - bru is cheaper then I start with a one way, and so on.

they have no right o block, plus you can say that you did start in Israel using a different alliance.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »
By Miles & more there is a very reduced mileage needed if profiles is middle east.

Maybe its true this CO story, but to my opinion a passenger can start his ticket from where he wants.

I need to book tons of bru - ewr returns, but if ewr - bru is cheaper then I start with a one way, and so on.

they have no right o block, plus you can say that you did start in Israel using a different alliance.

How can you say you started in TLV when the tkt purchased is EWR-TLV-EWR or that you constantly are crediting EWR-FLL-EWR. Yea people who live Overseas can fly in frequently. But if you had an acct with say CO for yrs and now all of a sudden change your address when in fact you havent moved it will raise a Flag

Ive lived Overseas for over 14 yrs (2 x 7 yrs) as long as you can prove that you in fact live Overseas you wont have any problems. The reason those people used an Israeli address was CO was giving away Free PC memberships to Plats and at times Golds who were not US residents. As well as a ton of extra EQMs on BF fares

So if a person flys say twice a yr to Israel and everything else is flying everywhere else, its a sign that they do not in fact live in Israel, you can say what you want to, but your acct will show something else.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
As long as they have no proof that you don't live where you say you live, they cannot undertake anything.