Topic Wiki

Google Voice may save a number as a home number, and in that mode it will not allow you to forward messages. In order to change that there's an option in legacy site.
HT: nescafe

Think something belongs in the wiki?  Feel free to update it at any time. You can spare a friend much time!  :)

Author Topic: google voice help  (Read 31414 times)

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: google voice help
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »
Google voice currently rings on my cellphone as a normal incoming call,

How can I set it up that I can see which incoming calls are from my google voice number
Go to Google voice's website go to legacy view (accessible from the menu) then go to settings (top right corner).

In the calls tab there is an option to set incoming caller ID as your Google voice number. (The problem with that is all calls will just show your Google number.)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 228
    • View Profile
Re: google voice help
« Reply #421 on: May 17, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
  I'm not sure if it's a glitch or it's just not possible to be done, basically every time I make a call and add a second person to the call there's no way to hang up from one of them alone the only way is to either have the person on the other line to hang up or to hang up from both of them and call back the second person.

For example if I call bank or something alike where they don't hang up they wait for you to hang up that means I have to hang up from both people I'm on the phone with and have to call him back yes it's not such a big deal but It'll be so much easier if I could just hang up from one, any ideas?

Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.