Author Topic: Aegean Star Alliance Gold  (Read 281994 times)

Offline dudi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Re: Aegean Star Alliance Gold
« Reply #1220 on: January 11, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »
Traveling with Austrian air right before pesach wanted to hear people experience if anyone can share.
I am *AG and I'm traveling with my wife and baby Austrian are saying that they only allow me to have a extra suitcase is that true? Or DROPR?
It seems to be that the right lounge to go into is the Lufthansa lounge in EWR and the Austrian business in VIE is that true or are any of the other lounges better? Also has anyone had experience with taking in their wide as a guest and also bringing in a baby? Did they make issues?
BUMP

Offline dudi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
« Reply #1221 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »
Traveling with Austrian air right before pesach wanted to hear people experience if anyone can share.
I am *AG and I'm traveling with my wife and baby Austrian are saying that they only allow me to have a extra suitcase is that true? Or DROPR?
It seems to be that the right lounge to go into is the Lufthansa lounge in EWR and the Austrian business in VIE is that true or are any of the other lounges better? Also has anyone had experience with taking in their wide as a guest and also bringing in a baby? Did they make issues?
BUMP

Offline morgs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: *a Gold, Avis Presidents circle, Hertz Presidents club
« Reply #1222 on: January 25, 2015, 05:20:50 PM »
Just got my new Aegean gold card in the mail w/ an expiration date of 1/24/2016-I was under the impression that you could only retain the status until 11/2015-anybody else got the new card? What is the expiry on yours?

Offline risue

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:20 PM »
I want to book a flight to Israel on United, and use my Star Alliance Gold status [through Aegean's Miles and Bonus program] for the benefits; 2nd suitcase and lounge access.  I recall a blog entry recommending using my Miles and Bonus number when booking to get the gold status benefits, and if I want the miles to accrue to my Mileage Plus account and not my Miles and Bonus account, I can change the frequent flier to Mileage Plus once I am at the gate.  Is this true?  If not, is there a way to get both my Star Alliance Gold benefits, and for the miles accrued to go to my Mileage Plus account?
Thank you,
Risue

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 25, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »
I want to book a flight to Israel on United, and use my Star Alliance Gold status [through Aegean's Miles and Bonus program] for the benefits; 2nd suitcase and lounge access.  I recall a blog entry recommending using my Miles and Bonus number when booking to get the gold status benefits, and if I want the miles to accrue to my Mileage Plus account and not my Miles and Bonus account, I can change the frequent flier to Mileage Plus once I am at the gate.  Is this true?  If not, is there a way to get both my Star Alliance Gold benefits, and for the miles accrued to go to my Mileage Plus account?
Thank you,
Risue
Yes. If they give you problems over there just call up UA and they will change it for you
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline risue

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 25, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »
Dear ilherman, thank you for your quick response, but I am am unclear about what you said is correct.  Are you saying that booking on United & inputting my Aegean info will get me the benefits for the flight, and at the gate ask them to switch it to my Mileage Plus acct for United miles to be deposited to my Mileage Plus is correct and doable?  Do you know if anyone has done this successfully?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1226 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:01 PM »
Yes.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline morgs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: *a Gold, Avis Presidents circle, Hertz Presidents club
« Reply #1227 on: January 26, 2015, 02:32:07 AM »
Dear ilherman, thank you for your quick response, but I am am unclear about what you said is correct.  Are you saying that booking on United & inputting my Aegean info will get me the benefits for the flight, and at the gate ask them to switch it to my Mileage Plus acct for United miles to be deposited to my Mileage Plus is correct and doable?  Do you know if anyone has done this successfully?
I have succesfully done this once I got into the lounge before I boarded the plane I called United and they changed it to my FF united number. One time the gate agent gave me an issue to switch it and I did not have time to call so I just asked them to remove my aegean number from the ticket which they did and when I got in I went online and put in a missing mileage request to United and got the miles posted 2 days later.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #1228 on: January 26, 2015, 03:36:37 AM »
I have succesfully done this once I got into the lounge before I boarded the plane I called United and they changed it to my FF united number. One time the gate agent gave me an issue to switch it and I did not have time to call so I just asked them to remove my aegean number from the ticket which they did and when I got in I went online and put in a missing mileage request to United and got the miles posted 2 days later.

+1

FTR, you can usually change it (by phone, or even online) even after you land, as miles do not credit instantly upon completing the flight. But you're playing with fire if you rely on that, because you don't have a printed boarding pass with your UA number on it to use as proof, in the event that your miles get credited to the wrong FFN for some reason.

If the gate agent is being a jerk, better to just use your phone to access the United site and change it yourself before the plane takes off. Or better yet, change it yourself once you're checked in, and then innocently ask an agent of they can print you "a new copy" of your boarding pass BEFORE going to the gate.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:42:48 AM by Moishebatchy »

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 26, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »
+1

FTR, you can usually change it (by phone, or even online) even after you land, as miles do not credit instantly upon completing the flight. But you're playing with fire if you rely on that, because you don't have a printed boarding pass with your UA number on it to use as proof, in the event that your miles get credited to the wrong FFN for some reason.

If the gate agent is being a jerk, better to just use your phone to access the United site and change it yourself before the plane takes off. Or better yet, change it yourself once you're checked in, and then innocently ask an agent of they can print you "a new copy" of your boarding pass BEFORE going to the gate.
Lately you can't change the FF# online. Very annoying.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #1230 on: January 26, 2015, 05:01:08 PM »
Lately you can't change the FF# online. Very annoying.

Not in my experience...

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 26, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 26, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »
My wife is Aegean gold, and she just missed making United gold. We travel to israel a lot bringing bags. Am I correct in thinking that she can travel on United using her Aegean number and then being able to fly with 3 bags of 50 lb. each? I am asking based on current rules. Thanks.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1233 on: January 26, 2015, 05:52:14 PM »
My wife is Aegean gold, and she just missed making United gold. We travel to israel a lot bringing bags. Am I correct in thinking that she can travel on United using her Aegean number and then being able to fly with 3 bags of 50 lb. each? I am asking based on current rules. Thanks.

You are incorrect.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/staralliance.aspx
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 26, 2015, 05:56:20 PM »
Thanks. So to reiterate, she checks in at the first class line on United and gets a second bag of 50 lbs ( since everyone gets one bag of 50)?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 26, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
Thanks. So to reiterate, she checks in at the first class line on United and gets a second bag of 50 lbs ( since everyone gets one bag of 50)?

Correct, she gets 2x50 as *A Gold.

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 26, 2015, 06:00:46 PM »
What about the fact that she has a Presidents Plus Card- she is an authorized user, but does that help her better than going Aegean?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:53 PM »
What about the fact that she has a Presidents Plus Card- she is an authorized user, but does that help her better than going Aegean?

No.

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 26, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
Thanks.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 14, 2015, 09:56:35 PM »
3 friends of mine just got upgraded to first class YYZ-JFK just for being *A Gold members  :)