Author Topic: Just Received - Starwood Preferred Guest - Invitation to Westin  (Read 21848 times)

Offline zb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Just Received - Starwood Preferred Guest - Invitation to Westin
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 11:00:40 PM »
Thanks so much! How do I get this timeshare ?

Offline regalhome

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
Just got this invitation too, thinking about doing it.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 08:25:39 PM »
Just got this invitation again. Only difference is that they lowered from 7k to 5k in points. I want the cancun offer but they will not give it to me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:17:51 PM by AI-TRAVEL »

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »
I got one for maui. $800 for 5 nights/6days and 5k points or 75 voucher plus $185 towards car rental. Expires tomorrow. Is it a great deal, or not that special?

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 02:44:49 PM »
I got one for maui. $800 for 5 nights/6days and 5k points or 75 voucher plus $185 towards car rental. Expires tomorrow. Is it a great deal, or not that special?
is it transferable? Also is there a number someone could call on the offer?

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »
There is a number, but it says it's not transferable, and they check the guests' names blah blah. Also, it doesn't earn qualifying nights. Also, you can pay 500 now, then 300 when you want to pick dates.

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
There is a number, but it says it's not transferable, and they check the guests' names blah blah. Also, it doesn't earn qualifying nights.
can you post the number id be curious to call and see if i could get them to offer me something. Do they say what room it books into?

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 03:12:05 PM »
Details of Participation

This special invitation is offered by Westin Vacation Services. All reservations and inquiries must be directed to 800.278.1488 or emailed to westinvacations@westin.com. When e-mailing, please include your Preferred Invitation Number located on the email that you received.

Eligibility - Only the person(s) whose name appears on this email may redeem this offer. Offer is not transferable. Your name will be verified with our guest roster. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Groups (two or more affiliated couples traveling together), previous participants in a Westin or Sheraton Vacation Services getaway within the past year, all employees and their immediate family members of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., its affiliated entities, and Owners at any Starwood Vacation Ownership resort are not eligible for this offer. One offer per family.

Offer - Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer cannot be modified. Travel must be completed within 12 months of package purchase date. All currency mentions are US Dollars.

Cancellations must be made in writing within fifteen days of the package purchase date or package purchase price is not refundable. A refund will be issued within fifteen days of the receipt of notice of cancellation. Cancellation notices must be sent to Westin Cancellations, 74000 Country Club Drive – D – Palm Desert, CA 92260.

Due to the special pricing of this vacation package, we are unable to offer select SPG® Elite member benefits including upgrades, Suite Night Awards, 4 p.m. late check-out and Your24. In addition, some Elite welcome amenities may not be available. The nights and charges for this package are not considered an eligible rate or stay under the SPG program terms and conditions. For more information, please visit spg.com/terms.

Starpoints - If selected must be authorized within 24 hours of arrival at the concierge desk in the lobby of the resort. Allow 4 – 6 weeks for posting of Starpoints. Redemption of Starpoints is subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice. Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions can be viewed on our website at SPG.com. Approximate retail value is $175.00.

Certificate - If selected, resort certificate(s) must be picked up within 24 hours of arrival at the concierge desk in the lobby of the resort. Retail value of Resort Certificate is face value and is redeemable for activities, dining, shopping or spa services. Applicable sales taxes and gratuities not included. Certificate not redeemable for cash and is not transferable.

Rental Car - Retail value of $185 towards an Avis® rental car is face value and there are no substitutions. Operating expenses including gas, insurance, taxes, upgrades, damages and additional charges are the responsibility of the guest. Car rental company subject to change. Must present valid driver's license and meet standard Avis rental requirements.

Room Reservations - Room reservations must be made at least 60 days in advance and are on a space-available basis. Availability is limited. Holiday and special event periods are excluded. Do not purchase airfare until your arrival dates are confirmed. Accommodations are for a maximum of two adults and up to two children under the age of 18 at The Westin Ka‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas. Accommodations are a one Island View studio villa with king bed, full size sleeper sofa, and kitchenette. Stay must be consecutive nights. After scheduling room reservations, a confirmed written reservation will be sent and must be presented at check-in. Once reservations are made, any change or revisions are subject to a $100 non-refundable fee. Purchase price must be paid using a major credit card. A credit card is also required at check-in. Reschedule requests within 60 days of arrival will forfeit package and package price. If you elect to park a vehicle(s) on site during your stay, you will be charged $10.00 per day, per vehicle upon check out. Parking fee may be subject to change. You may also incur other incidental fees that are not included in your package cost, such as telephone charges, roll-away bed fees, transportation, meals, tickets, taxes, tips, housekeeping and other charges of a personal nature if you request these services. Retail value is based on high-season rates.

Starwood Vacation Services, Inc. is registered with the state of Florida as a Seller of Travel. Registration #ST35697

Westin, Heavenly, Heavenly Bath, Starpoints, Preferred Guest, SPG and their respective logos are the registered trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 03:21:12 PM »
I didn't realize it was for the villas Westin. Seems like a pretty good deal. Let me know what they say.

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
you know you linked to you specific invitation.

Yes, but it doesn't show any PII so do I care?

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 07:46:39 AM »
Just got one for Sheraton Kauai. 5 nights, 6 day car rental, 75 resort credit or 5k spg, garden room - not upgradable with status, $700 plus $30 resort fee per day. 1-10 how good a deal is it?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 08:55:03 AM »
Just got one for Sheraton Kauai. 5 nights, 6 day car rental, 75 resort credit or 5k spg, garden room - not upgradable with status, $700 plus $30 resort fee per day. 1-10 how good a deal is it?

Offline Srsy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 11:42:02 PM »
Would you go to the 90 minute presentation for 6500 points?

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 11:45:09 PM »
At 2.1 cents per point, that's about $9 an hour; below minimum wage.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2017, 06:35:52 AM »
At 2.1 cents per point, that's about $9 an hour; below minimum wage.

I'm not saying whether it's personally worth it or not,  but you just failed math...

(6,500×0.021)÷1.5=$91/hr

Offline Srsy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »
I'm not saying whether it's personally worth it or not,  but you just failed math...

(6,500×0.021)÷1.5=$91/hr
Remember two people have to come to the presentation

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »

Has anyone done one of these vacations? Is it a timesahre pitch where I need to spend 90 minutes? If so, is it worth it? High pressure sales?
Any info would really be appreciated.

Thanks
S
I've done the pitch for $200 Spa Credit
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND  DOING IT/
NO PRESSURE AT ALL!!!

I was expecting heavy
I said I don't think we could afford it
she folded her book close and said ok thank you for coming.

then I was forced to do a survey asking if i was pushed!

they must have gotten alot of law suits etc. on a Corporate level

I would.

We pushed ours to the last appointment of the day (so they wouldn't keep us late)
and we also came late! so we ended up doing it for 70 mins?
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »
how does one go about opting in to receive one of these offers? is it really random?