Author Topic: CreditKarma.com - Free Credit Score (FAKO)  (Read 92561 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: CreditKarma.com - Free Credit Score
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2011, 11:27:14 PM »
Disputed an inquiry (and account) on Experian using their online form. Simple as pie.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
Disputed an inquiry (and account) on Experian using their online form. Simple as pie.
i hit the dispute link on transunion and they said that my account is temp frozen till I speak to a rep tomorrow morning, andd then i can finish the online dispute. The bank said that I should dispute it because that is the only way for it to get tremoved.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2011, 11:47:27 PM »
that is better than good. Almost hard to believe.

i guess im a lucky man! ;)

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2011, 12:24:16 AM »

In the last 12 months of looking to dispute inquiries with Experian, I've never found a selection
area online from their website that allows you to even consider disputing inqs. Almost everything
else is able to be disputed I've found but never such area for the inqs. Even last month i had checked.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2011, 12:30:40 AM »
In the last 12 months of looking to dispute inquiries with Experian, I've never found a selection
area online from their website that allows you to even consider disputing inqs. Almost everything
else is able to be disputed I've found but never such area for the inqs. Even last month i had checked.

+1 all I was able to find about disputing inquiries on Experian

Quote from: experian
The Fair Credit Reporting Act says that credit grantors with a permissible purpose may receive your credit information from credit reporting agencies without obtaining your consent. If in the recent past you have visited or had any dealings with any of the businesses listed in this section, they may have had a permissible purpose to request your credit. This listing is simply a record of those who have requested your information.

If you have evidence that someone requested your credit information for a fraudulent purpose, please explain the circumstances in writing to us and we will process your dispute. Write to us at Experian, PO Box 9556, Allen, TX 75013. Be sure to include your full name, including middle initial and generation (such as JR, SR, III, etc.), current mailing address, Social Security number, date of birth, and your previous addresses for the past two years. Please send us one copy of a government issued identification card, such as a driver's license, state ID card, military ID card, etc., and one copy of a utility bill, bank or insurance statement, etc. Make sure that each copy is legible (enlarge if necessary), displays your name and current mailing address, and the date of issue (statement dates must be recent). We are unable to accept credit card statements, voided checks, lease agreements, magazine subscriptions or postal service forwarding orders as proof. To protect your personal identification information, Experian does not return correspondence sent to us. Send copies of any documents you wish to provide to us and always retain your original documents.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2011, 12:44:31 AM »
I stand corrected. After reviewing, I see it was only an AU account I disputed.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2011, 01:09:26 AM »
that is better than good. Almost hard to believe.

One of the variables factored into his score (probably utilization) changed drastically, I don't find that hard to believe.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:55 AM »
I've succesfully disputed inquiries.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »
I've succesfully disputed inquiries.

With the bureau or the lender? Did this affect your pulls (being manual since then)?

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2011, 09:42:15 AM »
One of the variables factored into his score (probably utilization) changed drastically, I don't find that hard to believe.

57 points is still a huge jump. I went at one point from around 98% utilization to 5% and didn't get nearly that much of a bump on CK

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2011, 09:49:03 AM »
57 points is still a huge jump. I went at one point from around 98% utilization to 5% and didn't get nearly that much of a bump on CK

YMMV, credit scores are complicated, there are lots of variables.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »
this is a quote from Ck.com "Great job! Your TransRisk credit score has improved by 57 points since you started using Credit Karma. That is higher than 71% of all Credit Karma users." - that was a month after i signed up.

btw what is considered a good score that u will most likely get accepted to credit cards?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »
this is a quote from Ck.com "Great job! Your TransRisk credit score has improved by 57 points since you started using Credit Karma. That is higher than 71% of all Credit Karma users." - that was a month after i signed up.

AFIAK, CK is FAKO so the fact that there was a 57 point jump on a proprietary scoring system is not as mind-numbingly jarring as it would be if it was FICO.

btw what is considered a good score that u will most likely get accepted to credit cards?

The concrete answer you seek is elusive and particular.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »
AFIAK, CK is FAKO so the fact that there was a 57 point jump on a proprietary scoring system is not as mind-numbingly jarring as it would be if it was FICO.
does that mean its not the 100% right score? and where can i see FICO score for free

The concrete answer you seek is elusive and particular.
how come?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »

FICO scores are proprietary too... :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
does that mean its not the 100% right score? and where can i see FICO score for free
how come?

Depends on what you mean by "right." Don't know. There is no single answer.

FICO scores are proprietary too... :P

Touche. Insert "FAKO" before "proprietary."

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
Depends on what you mean by "right." Don't know. There is no single answer.
is that not my "correct" score?! like when i see that score i cant rely on it. im not sure what u dont understand

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
is that not my nullcorrectnull score?! like when i see that score i cant rely on it. im not sure what u dont understand

FICO is the score lenders use to evaluate you for credit; FAKO scores are meant to simulate FICO (or provide an alternatives scoring algorithm), but sometimes tend to be far off what a person's FICO is.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »
is that not my "correct" score?! like when i see that score i cant rely on it. im not sure what u dont understand

Well, it is clear what you don't understand:

Yes, it is likely your correct CK FAKO score. I have no reason to doubt that.

Is it reliable? Again, it depends on what you're using it for. But no matter what you're using it for, it has less reliability and relevance than a FICO score.

(...unless of course you only care about your CK score, in which case CK would be the most reliable and relevant :P)

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
Well, it is clear what you don't understand:

Yes, it is likely your correct CK FAKO score. I have no reason to doubt that.

Is it reliable? Again, it depends on what you're using it for. But no matter what you're using it for, it has less reliability and relevance than a FICO score.

(...unless of course you only care about your CK score, in which case CK would be the most reliable and relevant :P)
well thanx for explaining that. and no i dont only care about that score i just dont know of any free FICO "checker"