Author Topic: CreditKarma.com - Free Credit Score (FAKO)  (Read 92612 times)

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Free Credit Karma Daily Credit Monitoring
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »
It is a FAKO but it will let you know of changes on TU only.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Free Credit Karma Daily Credit Monitoring
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
Anyone knows if that's any good? No credit card needed to subscribe. I think its FAKO
http://www.creditkarma.com/
+1
why should'nt you try credit sesame, also Faso but its the experian faco, an advantage over TU
most inquiries pull from EXP
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »
+1
why should'nt you try credit sesame, also Faso but its the experian faco, an advantage over TU
most inquiries pull from EXP

Not true. Depends on the state.
See this thread

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6373.msg107200#msg107200

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2012, 09:39:43 AM »
Not true. Depends on the state.
+1
TU gets hit the most for me.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
I have both CreditSesame and CreditKarma and don't find either to be particularly useful except for generating a FAKO score. I am happy with CitiIdentityMonitor for now because it offers a more comprehensive look at all 3 bureaus. Also, there is a link somewhere on the forums to get it for only $5/month (search for identity monitor in the credit cards section).

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »
Anyone knows if that's any good? No credit card needed to subscribe. I think its FAKO
http://www.creditkarma.com/
REALLY?! i never even heard of them!

here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here

Welcome to the Forums!

TM by Cbs (see "here")

Offline Yossi.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »
REALLY?! i never even heard of them!

here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here

Welcome to the Forums!

TM by Cbs (see "here")

Wow, thanks for the links. It must have taken you a long time to dig them all up... too bad we r not talking about the same thing... first of all, in most of the links u sent me u could see that the deal was dead here... u just had to read up until the end... also, we are not talking about the same service... this is a brand new service as of January 3rd 2012... I think it's yesterday right? again u just have to read the title of the thread and most importantly HERE

Thanks anyways! Hope you didn't waste too much of your day on that one!

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »
Wow, thanks for the links. It must have taken you a long time to dig them all up... too bad we r not talking about the same thing... first of all, in most of the links u sent me u could see that the deal was dead here... u just had to read up until the end... also, we are not talking about the same service... this is a brand new service as of January 3rd 2012... I think it's yesterday right? again u just have to read the title of the thread and most importantly HERE

i dont call helping others a waste of time, so no it wasnt a waste of time. (at least trying to help)

secondly my point wasnt that you were introducing creditkarma and that i was showimg you how others posted before you, my point was (and sorry for not being clear) that CreditKarma and credit scores etc. has already been discussed multiple times on this forum, and the way a thread works usually is, that whatever the title is then all posts that have to do with that title go there.

that being said, i was trying to tell you that you should post ur post in those threads being that this has to do with Credit Karma. also if you wouldve read the links before hand, espcially the one that you quoted back to me it says there
There are no more offers, so this deal is dead. However, to answer your question, CK offers a FAKO.
so you would know that its FAKO - which you werent sure in your post.

another thing which you werent clear about which is why i didnt realize that the title is a new thing that theyve come out with is that you only linked to the home page of credit karma and not to the link u sent me on the second post. i guess the title kinda slips the eye when u just read it credit karma and it doesnt say "NEW" or "new program" (which anyways should be in one of the linked threads i linked you too.

and your welcome, anyday! hope you didnt waste anytime reading any of the threads i linked you too, since they're irrelevant to Credit Karma!  :P

oh,and also dont forget that im out to get you, if you didnt realize.  ;)

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:25 AM »

even if the deal is up  jan/03 it doesn't justify a new topic on a day 2 later [nothing personal] cbs is a famous forum-bumping hunter on ddf
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
even if the deal is up  jan/03 it doesn't justify a new topic on a day 2 later [nothing personal] cbs is a famous forum-bumping hunter on ddf

i can see that... i m wondering if he has some kind of popup coming up letting him know of any new threads that could be good targets  :o

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »
i dont call helping others a waste of time, so no it wasnt a waste of time. (at least trying to help)

secondly my point wasnt that you were introducing creditkarma and that i was showimg you how others posted before you, my point was (and sorry for not being clear) that CreditKarma and credit scores etc. has already been discussed multiple times on this forum, and the way a thread works usually is, that whatever the title is then all posts that have to do with that title go there.

that being said, i was trying to tell you that you should post ur post in those threads being that this has to do with Credit Karma. also if you wouldve read the links before hand, espcially the one that you quoted back to me it says there  so you would know that its FAKO - which you werent sure in your post.

another thing which you werent clear about which is why i didnt realize that the title is a new thing that theyve come out with is that you only linked to the home page of credit karma and not to the link u sent me on the second post. i guess the title kinda slips the eye when u just read it credit karma and it doesnt say "NEW" or "new program" (which anyways should be in one of the linked threads i linked you too.

and your welcome, anyday! hope you didnt waste anytime reading any of the threads i linked you too, since they're irrelevant to Credit Karma!  :P

oh,and also dont forget that im out to get you, if you didnt realize.  ;)

i sure did realize!

hence my question again, is this "new service" any good?

thanks for the "kind" help  ::)

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
i can see that... i m wondering if he has some kind of popup coming up letting him know of any new threads that could be good targets  :o
actually not, i just search, seek, read, than post.

i sure did realize!

hence my question again, is this "new service" any good?

thanks for the "kind" help  ::)
and that i cant be of assistance with because ive never tried it and i dont think many have since it only came out yesterday

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
even if the deal is up  jan/03 it doesn't justify a new topic on a day 2 later
care to explain?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »
care to explain?
Hope u didn't waste anytime to read my post.
I think its all explained there.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
Hope u didn't waste anytime to read my post.
I think its all explained there.

oh no don't worry i sure did read your post... it s just that how a new service from a known company does not deserve a new post... personally, as a DDF member I would not want to scroll down dozens of pages in old threads talking about old services in order to find a new service that came out yesterday... but that's just my humble opinion... btw - sorry i didn't write "new service" in the title  ;D

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2012, 12:30:30 PM »
oh no don't worry i sure did read your post... it s just that how a new service from a known company does not deserve a new post... personally, as a DDF member I would not want to scroll down dozens of pages in old threads talking about old services in order to find a new service that came out yesterday... but that's just my humble opinion... btw - sorry i didn't write "new service" in the title  ;D
you have a point in the matter, that its very annoying to scroll through threads that have hundreds of posts. but thats a problem that DDF always had and not much to do about it [other than every second person opening a new thread].
another thing you can do, is find a thread that doesnt have so many posts and post there, like here or here and then you or people wont have that problem.

another option you have is, to learn how the search bar (or search option) works and you can find things much easier.
OR u can post ur search help question here :)

i hope this sums it up for you !

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
you have a point in the matter, that its very annoying to scroll through threads that have hundreds of posts. but thats a problem that DDF always had and not much to do about it [other than every second person opening a new thread].
another thing you can do, is find a thread that doesnt have so many posts and post there, like here or here and then you or people wont have that problem.

another option you have is, to learn how the search bar (or search option) works and you can find things much easier.
OR u can post ur search help question here :)

i hope this sums it up for you !

Thank you! Great summary! I am just throwing out suggestions but wouldn't it be a bit cleaner if there was another index within the main categories (i.e. Within credit cards, u would put rewards, applications, recon, etc...) of course it would still be a mess but more organized mess :) 2nd option would be that moderators close down or move duplicate threads like we see very often in other forums...

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2012, 12:53:06 PM »
Thank you! Great summary! I am just throwing out suggestions but wouldn't it be a bit cleaner if there was another index within the main categories (i.e. Within credit cards, u would put rewards, applications, recon, etc...) of course it would still be a mess but more organized mess :) 2nd option would be that moderators close down or move duplicate threads like we see very often in other forums...
great idea! im waiting for that to happen as well
OR
anyone up for organizing ... into a FAQ?
if ur interested - theres an offer on the table ;)

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
great idea! im waiting for that to happen as well
ORif ur interested - theres an offer on the table ;)

No problem, i would do it! whatever can help a great and growing community!

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Free Credit Karma Daily Credit Monitoring
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
care to explain?
at ddf for some reason, everything related in any way to a previous thread should be posted on that thread even if your posting a new deal [in your case credit carma] since its regarding an issue with an existing thread it should be posted there,
so if the deal started jan/03, it doesnt deserve a new thread,
just tryin'ta tell ya how its in ddf, but its true that they should improve a little, sucha nice'n informative forum should not look like a 99cents store with goods spread and shattered ALL over the place,
I'm just say'in©®