Author Topic: ipad video downloads  (Read 14085 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: ipad video downloads
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 12:33:09 PM »
Yes.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »
ok
i will try it out
thanks everyone

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
ipad video downloads
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 12:14:02 AM »
ThePirateBay is a good site, but its a public tracker, and you know what that means.

If I were you, I'd use a good private tracker, i.e. Demonoid. That'll reduce the risk somewhat.

Don't u have to be invited to demonoid?
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 02:56:32 AM »
Don't u have to be invited to demonoid?

...last I checked, yes.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
ipad video downloads
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
...last I checked, yes.
Do you or anyone have invites? If not how can one get it?
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »
Do you or anyone have invites? If not how can one get it?

PM me.

Offline Cbs

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
ThePirateBay is a good site, but its a public tracker, and you know what that means.

If I were you, I'd use a good private tracker, i.e. Demonoid. That'll reduce the risk somewhat.
i use TBP as well (utorrent). but im wondering how secure it is? a few people referred me to there saying its quite safe but then others told me u can get viruses from there and its illegal.
whats the deal with it?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
i use TBP as well (utorrent). but im wondering how secure it is? a few people referred me to there saying its quite safe but then others told me u can get viruses from there and its illegal.
whats the deal with it?

TPB is a public tracker, and I consequently wouldn't call it "safe" by any means. You definitely can get viruses, you can get tracked, and you can get busted.

Personally, I'd recommend the use of a private tracker whenever possible, though to be frank, those risks are still present, just reduced.

As for the illegality issue, I'll let you consult your LOR. As far as U.S. copyright law is concerned, I'd wager it is more on the illegal side of the "thin line" than not.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »
You definitely can get viruses, you can get tracked, and you can get busted.
As for the illegality issue, I'll let you consult your LOR. As far as U.S. copyright law is concerned, I'd wager it is more on the illegal side of the "thin line" than not.
when u say busted, what do u mean? it sounds like busted by feds and u can get fined or jail

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 02:25:50 PM »
As for the illegality issue, I'll let you consult your LOR.

I would say consult a lawyer, or the likes. What would a Rabbi know about the legality of downloading copyrighted media?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 02:27:06 PM »
I would say consult a lawyer, or the likes. What would a Rabbi know about the legality of downloading copyrighted media?
i think he thought i was asking "illlegal halachaklly"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
when u say busted, what do u mean? it sounds like busted by feds and u can get fined or jail

That is what I mean, though to be fair, I haven't seen any jail time imposed. It's largely a civil infraction (resulting in court costs and the imposition of penalties/fines).

In case it was clear enough:

As for the illegality issue [as far as halacha is concerned], I'll let you consult your LOR. As far as U.S. copyright law is concerned, I'd wager it is more on the illegal side of the "thin line" than not.

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »

In the rare instance that you are caught, and you are actually prosecuted, you could end up with a hefty fine.

See here and here.

In case it was clear enough:

It wasn't. Thank you for clarifying.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 02:54:30 PM »
It wasn't. Thank you for clarifying.

No problem.

I must say, though, that I do find it very interesting that you thought--after reading what I initially posted--that I was suggesting one seek the counsel of a Local Orthodox Rabbi to discern whether or not downloading copyrighted content from the internet violates US Copyright law, especially given the last sentence of the post.

<Insert some quote here about how people's past experiences shape their current perceptions of the world>

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
Re: Re: ipad video downloads
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:09 PM »
No problem.

I must say, though, that I do find it very interesting that you thought--after reading what I initially posted--that I was suggesting one seek the counsel of a Local Orthodox Rabbi to discern whether or not downloading copyrighted content from the internet violates US Copyright law, especially given the last sentence of the post.

<Insert some quote here about how people's past experiences shape their current perceptions of the world>

You have too much time on your hands.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
I once got a letter from NBC threatening to sue me if I continued to download their shows. It listed the exact shows I had downloaded, including which episodes and when I downloaded them. It stated that my info had been furnished by my cable provider, but I suspect I had just downloaded shows with trackers.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
You have too much time on your hands.

Hit a nerve, huh?  :'(

I once got a letter from NBC threatening to sue me if I continued to download their shows. It listed the exact shows I had downloaded, including which episodes and when I downloaded them. It stated that my info had been furnished by my cable provider, but I suspect I had just downloaded shows with trackers.

Your IP was caught by NBC (or their agent) from the (public) tracker. Your cable provider provided them with the name/address associated with that IP.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
Your IP was caught by NBC (or their agent) from the (public) tracker. Your cable provider provided them with the name/address associated with that IP.

Ah that makes sense.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Yossi.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
The best legal option i found was to simply download the app called "crackle" from the app store where u can watch movies directly from your ipad (and no these are not 1950s movies)... They update their content at least once a month

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
I use Vuze and I have a plugin called safepeer thatprevents vuze from exchanging data with lots of (not all!) bad IPs, for example companies that are paid to sniff around or slow down downloads.