Author Topic: HUGE signup bonus on new Chase visa BA card!!!! 100K!!!  (Read 43970 times)

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE signup bonus on new Chase visa BA card!!!! 100K!!!
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2009, 04:31:28 AM »
moish

u initially got declined? 15 days? 7 days?

you made that offer or them?

btw i would assume it would take too long for the miles to post - wouldnt they want you to cancel the app - meaning before you even got the card?

Online eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »
Is this offer still available or did it finish at the end of november?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »
i got the card already and used it but they told me that if i cancel it they would approve the ba

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2009, 07:41:11 AM »
Is this offer still available or did it finish at the end of november?
looks like its still going http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/hp_1

Online eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2009, 08:49:18 AM »
looks like its still going http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/hp_1
thanx for the link . Is it the same one that mike oracle posted ?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »
r u sure about this part everyone seems to be saying it's got an annual fee right away 

well even thou the CSR said there wasnt a Fee the 1st yr when I activated the CC and an early link said no fee, Today Chase Dinged me the $75, still well worth it. Others who have contacted Chase after being told there wasnt a fee and then got it anyway, were told No Waviers what so ever and everyone will be charged the $75

Online eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2009, 11:18:39 AM »
Anyone know how much these miles sell for in the usa and how much for in europe ?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »
Anyone know how much these miles sell for in the usa and how much for in europe ?

My 2 cents is once everyone gets their 100k and goes to sell them , the price will go down as the mkt place will be saturated. Then it may pay to simply hold on to them and try to unload them in the future when theres less supply around

word from some friends is Lakewood was originally set at $950 and has gone down to $800, of cause I feel that its gone down only cause those asking wanting them only in turn will sell them to a broker and pocket a nice profit.

I told 4 different friends kids yesterday if You dont fly that often and status isnt important then a set of tkts to LA will set you back appx $600 so then the 100k has a value of $1200. Thusly no sense in selling them for $800 and ending up paying the extra $400, I also said it may pay if you find you cant get the 25k tkts when you want them.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:19 AM »
My 2 cents is once everyone gets their 100k and goes to sell them , the price will go down as the mkt place will be saturated. Then it may pay to simply hold on to them and try to unload them in the future when theres less supply around

word from some friends is Lakewood was originally set at $950 and has gone down to $800, of cause I feel that its gone down only cause those asking wanting them only in turn will sell them to a broker and pocket a nice profit.

I told 4 different friends kids yesterday if You dont fly that often and status isnt important then a set of tkts to LA will set you back appx $600 so then the 100k has a value of $1200. Thusly no sense in selling them for $800 and ending up paying the extra $400, I also said it may pay if you find you cant get the 25k tkts when you want them.
If you're using them to go to LA I dont see how theyre worth $1,200.
You can often find JFK-LAX tickets for $200 RT with tax.  With a coupon even less than that but we'll go with $200. Even if BA only charges $5 tax you're now down to $195x4=$780.

Then there is the opportunity cost of lost miles on reward tickets, which applies even if you're not going after elite status.  That's a loss of at least 20,000 miles. (or 40,000 miles with AA's double redeemable miles for NY'ers.)  With AA miles being worth much more than BA miles (a market rate of at least 1.7 cents per mile) that's $370-$640 of miles forfeited.

So you can use 100,000 BA miles for $780 of free tickets to LAX, or just buy 4 tickets to LAX and get 20K-40K miles for the trips.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
we'll go with $200.

i fly very often to la and i can only remember two times getting a ticket for less than $200, even now at about $109 each way it will come to like $240 - not that it changes the calculation about the miles, but where do you get such tickets? what coupon?

(or 40,000 miles with AA's double redeemable miles for NY'ers.)

Just booked a ticket w/ them - you have a link to this promotion?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »
You can often find JFK-LAX tickets for $200 RT with tax.  With a coupon even less than that but we'll go with $200. Even if BA only charges $5 tax you're now down to $195x4=$780.

Then there is the opportunity cost of lost miles on reward tickets, which applies even if you're not going after elite status.  That's a loss of at least 20,000 miles. (or 40,000 miles with AA's double redeemable miles for NY'ers.)  With AA miles being worth much more than BA miles (a market rate of at least 1.7 cents per mile) that's $370-$640 of miles forfeited.

So you can use 100,000 BA miles for $780 of free tickets to LAX, or just buy 4 tickets to LAX and get 20K-40K miles for the trips.

can U PLEASE send me whatever it is that you are drinking so that I too can book NY-LA for under $200 with taxes

OK B6 (JetBlue) just had it for $89 each way but with taxes its over $200 and even for B6 thats a rarity Bout the cheapest now is $218 + txs so appx $250

just booked a JFK-SFO-SNA for $238+ or $280 - a $200 voucher = $80 and 6k in EQMs (UA) and as a 1k hopefully the UP will come thru using my E-500s (for me thats just over 6k in EQMs and appx 12100 RDMs. thats why I wont use my BA for US trips unless the Fares are way up there).

again I assumed most folks on here arent top tier or mid-teir so a r/t NY-LA is 4950 EQMs no status 4 trips = 19800 EQMs & RDMs, for me that would be 39,800 RDMs still only 19800 EQMs. thats why I said its not a bad deal for those that arent status bearers to use the Miles and not purchase.

So 4 tkts @ $280 = $1120 for me at least and most others and alot of times its more then that amount

Personally havent flown AA except to Florida on purchased tkts, nor would I fly them to LA , with UA I can get Confirmed E+, seats why fly AA(and Im Lifetime Plat).

i just feel that most people on this site arent top or middle tier holders, even You are only Silver with CO, thats why for many using the BA miles for 4 US flights isnt so bad, at least IMO

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »
Double AA redeemable miles promo
Double AA elite miles promo

Some of the transcon fares I've posted in the past 2 weeks :
Jetblue: BOS-LAX: $69+ OW
AA: JFK-LAX: $180 RT All-in
CO: LGA-SJC: $39+ OW

Also AA has coupons for the soccer game, in the entertainment book, and I've posted other coupons from them as well.

And Craz, as a AA Lifetime Plat I've never had problems getting an exit-row which is much better than E+ seating on UA P.S. LAX-JFK flights.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:27:54 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »
You can often find JFK-LAX tickets for $200 RT with tax.  With a coupon even less than that but we'll go with $200. Even if BA only charges $5 tax you're now down to $195x4=$780.

Just realized I left a few things out of the calculation:
-$75 annual fee, so now you're getting only $700 of free tickets.
-You need to spend $2,000 to get those 4 tickets, so that's a loss of 2,000 Starpoints.  Taking a fair value of 2.5 cents that's an opportunity cost of $50.
You're now down to $650 of free tickets with the BA card versus buying the AA tickets and getting 40,000 miles worth almost as much with much less hassle.  Plus with paying for tickets you'll be earning miles which will count for annual and lifetime elite status.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:29:09 PM by Dan »

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
Personally havent flown AA except to Florida on purchased tkts, nor would I fly them to LA , with UA I can get Confirmed E+, seats why fly AA(and Im Lifetime Plat).

I hate UA - there never on time and always packed - maybe its just my experience. AA has always given me great service in the past...

how do you get confirmed E+ w/ them?

thanks

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »

Also AA has coupons for the soccer game, in the entertainment book, and I've posted other coupons from them as well.

And Craz, as a AA Lifetime Plat I've never had problems getting an exit-row which is much better than E+ seating on UA P.S. LAX-JFK flights.

I take it you havent flown UA E+ I have even on my SFO-SYD-SFO flights and I would take that over Exit Row AA any time. I just had Exit Row on my AA JFK-FCO flights and although they were the best AA offers I still wished I had my UA E+ seat. 1stly the padding is 1000% better even thou the leg room is not as good and Im 6'2" and the person next to me wont keep bothering me as they want to take out or put back their tray table which is in the arm rest between our seats

as for Fares 1- BOS isnt NY having to get to BOS defeats the whole purpose , good if you live there.

2- CO LGA-SJC is no where near LA and doing a Thurs-Mon doesnt make too much sense flying into SJC and driving down gas in Cali is appx $3 a gal!

3- AA-JFK-LAX well thats good I believe for now what about in '10.

the flight I booked was for 1/7-1/11 and $218 on VX was the cheapest

Emporio say had a shirt sale last week, but you didnt need any more shirts , then bang you riped 3 this week. But the sale is over what good was it that they had it 75% off last week

So PLEASE Dan provide with the know it all so that I now book my '10 NY-LA tkts for below $200 ai, I just havent found them. Also I find cars @ LAX are thru the roof and was $ble to grab a $73 for 4 days at Hertz @ SNA, while the cheapest at LAX was $125, so i paid an extra $20 to go into SNA over LAX(both are now $238+) leaving me a savings of $30. BTW its for an Economy car and hopefully thats what I will end with as usually that means 70 miles can be driven before the needle moves too low on the 'Full' at most on large cars its 20 miles. I prefer the savings and have no problem driving it to LV which I might do for 1 night, Ill leave the Caddys and other guzzlers to the Want To Be's
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:15:45 PM by steve2 »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
I hate UA - there never on time and always packed - maybe its just my experience. AA has always given me great service in the past...

how do you get confirmed E+ w/ them?

thanks

Im a 1k,100k a yr or over 125k in '09, but E+ is available even to a 3P which is below Silver

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »
Just realized I left a few things out of the calculation:
-$75 annual fee, so now you're getting only $700 of free tickets.
-You need to spend $2,000 to get those 4 tickets, so that's a loss of 2,000 Starpoints.  Taking a fair value of 2.5 cents that's an opportunity cost of $50.
You're now down to $650 of free tickets with the BA card versus buying the AA tickets and getting 40,000 miles worth almost as much with much less hassle.  Plus with paying for tickets you'll be earning miles which will count for annual and lifetime elite status.

well lets leave it at I dont figure things the way you do and most likely you dont the way I do. I stick with my $1120 as a min, missing 2k in SPG is no big deal  If anything charging $20k on teh BA CC will bring back 25k in miles which equals what you can transfer 20k for from SPG

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 05:15:24 PM »
i called up for the status - the message said 7-10 business days - Now i really dont know how long its going to take!

also - how do i know which application they're talking about - i applied for this and continental.

Offline moe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »
it looks like its over!!!!

Offline MOSES

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »

dam,
deos this work retroactivly? I just signed up for it today, and flew a couple of times since june. will i recieve the double miles.
I also just changed my address on file to  my New York address. I hope it deos so i can get closer to some lifetime status!!
thanks