Author Topic: Israel Hotels Master Thread  (Read 124458 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel hotels
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:25:26 PM »
I thinking keeping away from these places and items i.e. cars - is basic decency to the survivors, especially don't want to give my grandparents a ride in my car when it has the same symbol the ss drove up to the cc in.

If it would be the only thing/place available...
But to each their own.

If that is the case then no Survivors should have lived in Israel where at 1 time most of the public transportation was German made and I believe most Egged buses still are

for yrs the Sheruts were all MBs

If we extend that then there are very few places a Jew can visit in the World that at 1 time or other didnt in some way attack Us as a People. Lets see for Europe that means not going to England,Spain,France,Switzerland,Austria,Germany,Italy,Greece,Turkey, I guess that also means not flying on their airlines as well, then of cause Eastern Europe and Russia, alot of South Am took in the Nazis after WWII so theyre out as well. Lets not forget Portugal. then today Norway,Sweeden, Denmark,Finland are very pro Arab I guess they are out as well. So I guess we still have Canada , Mex and Israel and the US. I think NOT

Offline jack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 12:53:59 AM »
You obviously really don't get it. 
Yes we are in golus but my grandfathers ###s are still clearly visible.

Would you be happy if a good friend went to a hotel in which you were treated really badly.  I don't know how to dumb this down anymore.

Follow your heart. 

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »

Would you be happy if a good friend went to a hotel in which you were treated really badly.  I don't know how to dumb this down anymore.

Follow your heart.  

I think that there are still plenty of people out there who won't drive German cars and will not fly Lufthansa. I am proud to sayt hat I'd never visit Germany. Especially while there are still plenty of the SOB's alive and kicking.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 09:02:30 AM »
There are those who wouldnt still buy a German car, yet the SY community be it in Flatbush or Deal are loaded with BMWs,MBs,Audi etc etc

The SY's were not affected by the Holocaust like European Jewry was

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 09:50:31 AM »
The SY's were not affected by the Holocaust like European Jewry was

I know that, and what therefore its OK forthem to do what they do?

for that matter neither was I, my Fathers parents both left before WW1 and my Mothers just after WW1, that includes almost every Uncle and Aunt as well by my Father

Im 2nd Gen American

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 09:54:48 AM »
I think that there are still plenty of people out there who won't drive German cars and will not fly Lufthansa. I am proud to sayt hat I'd never visit Germany. Especially while there are still plenty of the SOB's alive and kicking.

As far as Lufthansa you do know they Own Swiss,British Midland,Austrian, Belgium airlines they just let them still fly under their own names but its really all LH! 

As for cars for a # of yrs MB owned Chrysler so I guess when you rented if they offered a Cry car you told them Thanks but no thanks

As for visiting Germany the Truth is there are more anti semites in Switzerland and Austria then in Germany. And most Rebbes go on their yearly vacations to the Swiss Alps from Israel

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »

Would you be happy if a good friend went to a hotel in which you were treated really badly.  I don't know how to dumb this down anymore.

Follow your heart. 

I get it, I think you dont get it

I used to do as you say when you werent even in your Mothers stomach as yet and probably your parents didnt even know the other existed

As for a friend staying at a Hotel or eating in a restaurant where I received bad service or whatever. Thats fine with me, Id probably tell them what they can expect and leave it up to them.

As I said we were expelled from many a European Country at some time or there were Pogroms we went thru. so that should mean a Yid shouldnt be living in any of those Countries or doing any Biz with them?

AH himself was Austrian not German, the Swiss were known for turning back 1000s rather then allow them in.

How is it that there are Organizied Tours of Eastern Europe and 1000s went to visit where they grew up or lived as very young kids and yrs ago those who went werent kids during WWII. There are tours to Kevurim even in Germany today

I understand that you feel it would be like slapping your Grandfather across his face if you went or purchased certain things, BTW dont buy any Bayer or Adidas products as they are German companies among many others. But that doesnt mean anyone else has to refrain from doing what you feel you need to.

Offline jack

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
we are still in golus.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
we are still in golus.

when you daven at the Kosel you are still in Golus!

whats your pt?

Offline jack

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
I used to do as you say when you werent even in your Mothers stomach as yet and probably your parents didnt even know the other existed

my goodness - are you a senior citizen???

You are obviously determined not to get it so I won't bother explaining again.

Offline GABE

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 07:25:14 AM »
whatever the argument may be there are people that would refrain from a place where Hitler stayed (before his famous speech at heroes square in Vienna). I just thought I should bring it up.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
whatever the argument may be there are people that would refrain from a place where Hitler stayed (before his famous speech at heroes square in Vienna). I just thought I should bring it up.

I understand why Jack feels that he shouldnt stay there and why some others feel the same way, I used to as well. But there are Frum people living in a number of German cities today with Kollels to boot today.

Now did *W own the Hotel when AH stayed there, did they offer him a free room. Did they run after his biz.

Thusly we each will make our own decissions, how come there are Frum tours that go to Eastern Europe every year and several at that? The goyim in those Countries Loved us just as much as The Germans did, thats why I know some people who wont go anywhere in Europe and others will say any place but Germany is OK.

Its not so simple and each person will do as they see fit, whats acceptable to You might not be to someone else whos Grandparents lived in Poland or Hungary they feel no one should be going there even to a Kever. Yet someone whos Grandparents came say from Belgium will say no its OK to go to Poland or Hungary

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 05:34:25 AM »
most quality products (not the little china made garbage) contains parts made in germany.

however there is one thing using it (think of egged, or a bosch washing mashine), or something that that you would pride yourself with (mercedes 500 sec, bmw 7 series).

I used to drive such a rubbish VW golf that it was almost an embarrassment to drive with it.

But to snub around with German made things, knowing that my granfather o"h was in Auschwitz from '39-'45 (!) or that my mother (who was born after the war, had close to 20 aunties and uncles before WW2, so if they would all have an average of 5 kids, she should have had about 100 first cousins), has only 1 cousin who lost her mind because of the war...

[this is only my mothers part of the family...]

You are allowed to buy and drive whatever you like, but if you don't at least understand the issue that some people have here, then you might want to check out you genealogy... 

Besides china, I think almost every country has slaughtered us along the path of history.

Although germans do a lot of efforts to try to make up for it (as opposed to ukranians and poles, slovaks, and kroats, who are born rabid anti Semites) it is still germany who started it all .

concerning the taxis and buses in Israel, I've heard that they got especially good rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »
Besides china, I think almost every country has slaughtered us along the path of history.
Which western hemisphere country has slaughtered jews?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
Which western hemisphere country has slaughtered jews?
spain, portugal