Author Topic: Israel Hotels Master Thread  (Read 123947 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel hotels
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
In Japan, mein kampf has been a best seller for years...

And the myth of arabs treating the jews well for centuries is obviously nonsense.

And the killing of 1M Tustsis in africa, is also because they have jewish customs (the separated from the Ethiopian jews around 700 years ago). [It will be covered by the Mishpacha-magazine soon]

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Back on topic...

Anyone have thoughts on a hotel in Jerusalem?
We may stay a few nights at the crowne plaza on PC points. It seems the hotel is no longer mehadrin.
Can anyone recommend a hotel that is mehadrin and has good rates?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
Anyone have thoughts on a hotel in Jerusalem?
We may stay a few nights at the crowne plaza on PC points. It seems the hotel is no longer mehadrin.
Can anyone recommend a hotel that is mehadrin and has good rates?

Someone has got to have experience at hotels in Jerusalem since the Sheraton left us....

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
i stayed in the ramada i really loved it
some times they have good promotions

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »

And the killing of 1M Tustsis in africa, is also because they have jewish customs (the separated from the Ethiopian jews around 700 years ago). [It will be covered by the Mishpacha-magazine soon]

My prophecy came out this week  8)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »
Prima King Hotel on king george street was very nice, with a kosher breakfast (real kosher).

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 03:34:38 AM »

bout the only play in town is The Crowne Plaza, where you can forget about any type of Upgrades etc

Im curious why you say that? What status do you have with them that you tried to get an upgrade? Does anyone else have experience in getting upgraded there?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 05:55:26 AM »
My prophecy came out this week  8)

just read the article, and there are a couple of mistakes (in facts), a shame, they always feel the need to be creative, and have a hand in everything...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »
Im curious why you say that? What status do you have with them that you tried to get an upgrade? Does anyone else have experience in getting upgraded there?
Crown Plaza is a Priority Club hotel where you can use 25,000 points ($150) for a room.
They have varying levels of elite status but apparently Steve2 didn't have any luck there.

If they ever have a pointsbreaks deal there (5,000 points) dansdeals readers will be the first to know about it!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
Correction: I was wrong in assuming that Steve2 made that response based on firsthand experience and I apologize for that assumption.

Steve2 has asked me to inform the public that he never stayed at the Crown Plaza Jerusalem but based his response on this FT thread.

He unfortunately can't answer personally as he would rather stay banned from posting on the Dansdeals forums than agree to not belittle people and follow the rules of the forum.  To each their own, for the record he is the only person banned from the forum.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »
he was a good asset to the forum

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Correction: I was wrong in assuming that Steve2 made that response based on firsthand experience and I apologize for that assumption.

Steve2 has asked me to inform the public that he never stayed at the Crown Plaza Jerusalem but based his response on this FT thread.

He unfortunately can't answer personally as he would rather stay banned from posting on the Dansdeals forums than agree to not belittle people and follow the rules of the forum.  To each their own, for the record he is the only person banned from the forum.

I will miss him, I learned alot from him and unless his posts where be 'belittled' someone was removed I never remember any of his posts that was belittling anyone. Disagree with others he did, but not for no reason

And when he was wrong he apologized , if we all could be like him wed be better off

I too am more interested in obtaining and retaining Status like it seems he was. He was/is obessed with maintaining his statuses for the least amount of money and so am I.

He referred to flyer talk alot , does anyone know his handle on there I would love to be able to still learn things from him he knows his stuff down pat

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
 The Crowne Plaza is owned by Lev Levi(wrong spelling of last name) hes the Russian Diamond guy who pwns Africa Israel

Its known when ever he made a party for his employees of the CP he held it at the Renassiance now the Ramada as he trust the hechsher he had on his own Hotel. I dont think theres a shul in the Hotel and Succoth time its taken over by the Chr*stian Embassy for those coming in for their program.

I would have a reg breakfast there but no way anything else. Nearest shul would be in the Shari Yisroel area appx 15-20 min walk. Not a place Id want to be for Shabbos or Yom Tov maybe for a couple of nights during the week but it seems there arent too many great Upgrades to be had. Id rather spend some money and be in an area that I will be happy being in rather then simply looking to get away without having to pay for it, maybe even renting an apt instead of being in a hotel

If simply getting a room for $0 is what is important to someone then theis Hotel might be an OK place to stay

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
he was a good asset to the forum
And he's welcome back at any time upon agreeing to abide by the rules of the forum.

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
he is totally back on the forum just under a different name

dan i cant believe you didnt figure him out