The American Colony Hotel Jerusalem

Better than Rabbanut Hechsher Hotels:
Most, or all, are not bookable with points

Yerusholaim
Yirmiyahu 33 - Eida
https://y33.co.il/
Haneveim Butique - Eida
https://www.haneviimboutique.co.il/t-he
Litov Hotels (Haneveim & Jewish Quarter) - Rubin (has changed back and forth from Eida)
https://litovhotel.co.il/
Prima Palace (Badatz Agudas Yisrael per their website) https://www.prima-hotels-israel.com/prima-palace-jerusalem-hotel-services
Bnei Brak
Aristocrat Hotel - Rav Landua
https://www.aristocrathotel.co.il/
Malon Bnei Brak - basic - Rav Landua
03-579-2222
Malon Vagshal- Basic - Eida/Sheiris??
03-5799959

Netanya
Ga'alei Sanz
09-862-1777

Tsfas/Meron

Tveria
Zipori BaKineret - Eida
https://www.zipory.co.il/ziporyseaofgalilee
Kinar?

Kinorot - Eida
https://kinorothotel.co.il/

Galil
Haifa Area - Nir Etzion??

Rest of Country
Arad - Margoa Hotel?? basic hotel
Kibutz Chofetz Chaim - Zipori Bakfar - Eida
https://www.zipory.co.il/ziporyvillage
« Last edited by Ploni3 on June 04, 2023, 08:59:23 AM »

Author Topic: Israel Hotels Master Thread  (Read 496279 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel hotels
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 09:54:48 AM »
I think that there are still plenty of people out there who won't drive German cars and will not fly Lufthansa. I am proud to sayt hat I'd never visit Germany. Especially while there are still plenty of the SOB's alive and kicking.

As far as Lufthansa you do know they Own Swiss,British Midland,Austrian, Belgium airlines they just let them still fly under their own names but its really all LH! 

As for cars for a # of yrs MB owned Chrysler so I guess when you rented if they offered a Cry car you told them Thanks but no thanks

As for visiting Germany the Truth is there are more anti semites in Switzerland and Austria then in Germany. And most Rebbes go on their yearly vacations to the Swiss Alps from Israel

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »
You obviously really don't get it. 
Yes we are in golus but my grandfathers ###s are still clearly visible.

Would you be happy if a good friend went to a hotel in which you were treated really badly.  I don't know how to dumb this down anymore.

Follow your heart. 

I get it, I think you dont get it

I used to do as you say when you werent even in your Mothers stomach as yet and probably your parents didnt even know the other existed

As for a friend staying at a Hotel or eating in a restaurant where I received bad service or whatever. Thats fine with me, Id probably tell them what they can expect and leave it up to them.

As I said we were expelled from many a European Country at some time or there were Pogroms we went thru. so that should mean a Yid shouldnt be living in any of those Countries or doing any Biz with them?

AH himself was Austrian not German, the Swiss were known for turning back 1000s rather then allow them in.

How is it that there are Organizied Tours of Eastern Europe and 1000s went to visit where they grew up or lived as very young kids and yrs ago those who went werent kids during WWII. There are tours to Kevurim even in Germany today

I understand that you feel it would be like slapping your Grandfather across his face if you went or purchased certain things, BTW dont buy any Bayer or Adidas products as they are German companies among many others. But that doesnt mean anyone else has to refrain from doing what you feel you need to.

Offline jack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
we are still in golus.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
we are still in golus.

when you daven at the Kosel you are still in Golus!

whats your pt?

Offline jack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
I used to do as you say when you werent even in your Mothers stomach as yet and probably your parents didnt even know the other existed

my goodness - are you a senior citizen???

You are obviously determined not to get it so I won't bother explaining again.

Offline GABE

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 07:25:14 AM »
whatever the argument may be there are people that would refrain from a place where Hitler stayed (before his famous speech at heroes square in Vienna). I just thought I should bring it up.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
whatever the argument may be there are people that would refrain from a place where Hitler stayed (before his famous speech at heroes square in Vienna). I just thought I should bring it up.

I understand why Jack feels that he shouldnt stay there and why some others feel the same way, I used to as well. But there are Frum people living in a number of German cities today with Kollels to boot today.

Now did *W own the Hotel when AH stayed there, did they offer him a free room. Did they run after his biz.

Thusly we each will make our own decissions, how come there are Frum tours that go to Eastern Europe every year and several at that? The goyim in those Countries Loved us just as much as The Germans did, thats why I know some people who wont go anywhere in Europe and others will say any place but Germany is OK.

Its not so simple and each person will do as they see fit, whats acceptable to You might not be to someone else whos Grandparents lived in Poland or Hungary they feel no one should be going there even to a Kever. Yet someone whos Grandparents came say from Belgium will say no its OK to go to Poland or Hungary

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 05:34:25 AM »
most quality products (not the little china made garbage) contains parts made in germany.

however there is one thing using it (think of egged, or a bosch washing mashine), or something that that you would pride yourself with (mercedes 500 sec, bmw 7 series).

I used to drive such a rubbish VW golf that it was almost an embarrassment to drive with it.

But to snub around with German made things, knowing that my granfather o"h was in Auschwitz from '39-'45 (!) or that my mother (who was born after the war, had close to 20 aunties and uncles before WW2, so if they would all have an average of 5 kids, she should have had about 100 first cousins), has only 1 cousin who lost her mind because of the war...

[this is only my mothers part of the family...]

You are allowed to buy and drive whatever you like, but if you don't at least understand the issue that some people have here, then you might want to check out you genealogy... 

Besides china, I think almost every country has slaughtered us along the path of history.

Although germans do a lot of efforts to try to make up for it (as opposed to ukranians and poles, slovaks, and kroats, who are born rabid anti Semites) it is still germany who started it all .

concerning the taxis and buses in Israel, I've heard that they got especially good rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »
Besides china, I think almost every country has slaughtered us along the path of history.
Which western hemisphere country has slaughtered jews?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
Which western hemisphere country has slaughtered jews?
spain, portugal

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
In Japan, mein kampf has been a best seller for years...

And the myth of arabs treating the jews well for centuries is obviously nonsense.

And the killing of 1M Tustsis in africa, is also because they have jewish customs (the separated from the Ethiopian jews around 700 years ago). [It will be covered by the Mishpacha-magazine soon]

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Back on topic...

Anyone have thoughts on a hotel in Jerusalem?
We may stay a few nights at the crowne plaza on PC points. It seems the hotel is no longer mehadrin.
Can anyone recommend a hotel that is mehadrin and has good rates?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
Anyone have thoughts on a hotel in Jerusalem?
We may stay a few nights at the crowne plaza on PC points. It seems the hotel is no longer mehadrin.
Can anyone recommend a hotel that is mehadrin and has good rates?

Someone has got to have experience at hotels in Jerusalem since the Sheraton left us....

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
i stayed in the ramada i really loved it
some times they have good promotions

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »

And the killing of 1M Tustsis in africa, is also because they have jewish customs (the separated from the Ethiopian jews around 700 years ago). [It will be covered by the Mishpacha-magazine soon]

My prophecy came out this week  8)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »
Prima King Hotel on king george street was very nice, with a kosher breakfast (real kosher).

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 03:34:38 AM »

bout the only play in town is The Crowne Plaza, where you can forget about any type of Upgrades etc

Im curious why you say that? What status do you have with them that you tried to get an upgrade? Does anyone else have experience in getting upgraded there?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 05:55:26 AM »
My prophecy came out this week  8)

just read the article, and there are a couple of mistakes (in facts), a shame, they always feel the need to be creative, and have a hand in everything...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »
Im curious why you say that? What status do you have with them that you tried to get an upgrade? Does anyone else have experience in getting upgraded there?
Crown Plaza is a Priority Club hotel where you can use 25,000 points ($150) for a room.
They have varying levels of elite status but apparently Steve2 didn't have any luck there.

If they ever have a pointsbreaks deal there (5,000 points) dansdeals readers will be the first to know about it!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
Correction: I was wrong in assuming that Steve2 made that response based on firsthand experience and I apologize for that assumption.

Steve2 has asked me to inform the public that he never stayed at the Crown Plaza Jerusalem but based his response on this FT thread.

He unfortunately can't answer personally as he would rather stay banned from posting on the Dansdeals forums than agree to not belittle people and follow the rules of the forum.  To each their own, for the record he is the only person banned from the forum.