The American Colony Hotel Jerusalem

Better than Rabbanut Hechsher Hotels:
Most, or all, are not bookable with points

Yerusholaim
Yirmiyahu 33 - Eida
https://y33.co.il/
Haneveim Butique - Eida
https://www.haneviimboutique.co.il/t-he
Litov Hotels (Haneveim & Jewish Quarter) - Rubin (has changed back and forth from Eida)
https://litovhotel.co.il/
Prima Palace (Badatz Agudas Yisrael per their website) https://www.prima-hotels-israel.com/prima-palace-jerusalem-hotel-services
Bnei Brak
Aristocrat Hotel - Rav Landua
https://www.aristocrathotel.co.il/
Malon Bnei Brak - basic - Rav Landua
03-579-2222
Malon Vagshal- Basic - Eida/Sheiris??
03-5799959

Netanya
Ga'alei Sanz
09-862-1777

Tsfas/Meron

Tveria
Zipori BaKineret - Eida
https://www.zipory.co.il/ziporyseaofgalilee
Kinar?

Kinorot - Eida
https://kinorothotel.co.il/

Galil
Haifa Area - Nir Etzion??

Rest of Country
Arad - Margoa Hotel?? basic hotel
Kibutz Chofetz Chaim - Zipori Bakfar - Eida
https://www.zipory.co.il/ziporyvillage
« Last edited by Ploni3 on June 04, 2023, 08:59:23 AM »

Author Topic: Israel Hotels Master Thread  (Read 496167 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: Israel hotels
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »
he was a good asset to the forum

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Correction: I was wrong in assuming that Steve2 made that response based on firsthand experience and I apologize for that assumption.

Steve2 has asked me to inform the public that he never stayed at the Crown Plaza Jerusalem but based his response on this FT thread.

He unfortunately can't answer personally as he would rather stay banned from posting on the Dansdeals forums than agree to not belittle people and follow the rules of the forum.  To each their own, for the record he is the only person banned from the forum.

I will miss him, I learned alot from him and unless his posts where be 'belittled' someone was removed I never remember any of his posts that was belittling anyone. Disagree with others he did, but not for no reason

And when he was wrong he apologized , if we all could be like him wed be better off

I too am more interested in obtaining and retaining Status like it seems he was. He was/is obessed with maintaining his statuses for the least amount of money and so am I.

He referred to flyer talk alot , does anyone know his handle on there I would love to be able to still learn things from him he knows his stuff down pat

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
 The Crowne Plaza is owned by Lev Levi(wrong spelling of last name) hes the Russian Diamond guy who pwns Africa Israel

Its known when ever he made a party for his employees of the CP he held it at the Renassiance now the Ramada as he trust the hechsher he had on his own Hotel. I dont think theres a shul in the Hotel and Succoth time its taken over by the Chr*stian Embassy for those coming in for their program.

I would have a reg breakfast there but no way anything else. Nearest shul would be in the Shari Yisroel area appx 15-20 min walk. Not a place Id want to be for Shabbos or Yom Tov maybe for a couple of nights during the week but it seems there arent too many great Upgrades to be had. Id rather spend some money and be in an area that I will be happy being in rather then simply looking to get away without having to pay for it, maybe even renting an apt instead of being in a hotel

If simply getting a room for $0 is what is important to someone then theis Hotel might be an OK place to stay

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
he was a good asset to the forum
And he's welcome back at any time upon agreeing to abide by the rules of the forum.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline deals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
he is totally back on the forum just under a different name

dan i cant believe you didnt figure him out

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
i heard of some real nice apartments in the heart of Yerushalayim (not hotel) does anybody have any info? thanks

Offline Levicohen

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »
 I am also looking for a good deal on a hotel in Yerusaloim for 3 weeks in Israel? anyone have any good advice?
June 20 - July 11

Thank you.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
Checking expedia.com can have very different results (beware for east jerusalem hotels).
I negotiated a tariff of $85/night at jerusalem gate/Shaarei yerushalayim Hotel. Officially for a single room, but they all have 2 beds, and includes breakfast. Expedia will tell you that the parking costs, but is free in fact.
I'd say its a little less than the ramada, but here it always includes breakfast, and its on top of "center one", meaning you just go downstairs for a choice of restaurants (with a good hechsher).

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
Checking expedia.com can have very different results (beware for east jerusalem hotels).
I negotiated a tariff of $85/night at jerusalem gate/Shaarei yerushalayim Hotel. Officially for a single room, but they all have 2 beds, and includes breakfast. Expedia will tell you that the parking costs, but is free in fact.
I'd say its a little less than the ramada, but here it always includes breakfast, and its on top of "center one", meaning you just go downstairs for a choice of restaurants (with a good hechsher).

what dates ? and how much was there reg rate?

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 10:46:09 PM »
What hechsher on the breakfast?

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »
 OK my run down as I just was there to check the JG out

1- hecksher is Mahadrin Rabbanuth Jerusalem, the place was taken over for Pesach and i saw alot of Charadi eating lunch. Was told it was 5000 shek perperson for all of Pesach with 3 meals a day. 1/2 price from the Ramada

2-WiFi $15 per 24 hrs ( not 24 hrs of usage but if you start say at 10am you have till 10am the next day, I say this since as I was asking my questions someone asked why he had to pay extra when he didnt use a full 24 hrs but only a few hrs each day)

3- minyan only on Shabbos during non-Hagim times, was told theres a minyan in Center1 which is 2 mins walk or you can walk to Romema

4- old style TV, more then enough space in the room for a rollaway or crib w/o making it very tight,very small desk,2 twin beds (didnt try the mattress forgot to)no safe,liquid soap no reg bars but saw shampoo+,shower was the the type you hold in your hand or hang on the wall in the bathtub,room is small but alittle larger then where I am now, saw a sign for Mikve on 1st floor didnt ask if its for men & women

5- on the back of the key card was alist of the restaurants in Center1 that said show your key get 10% off

6- rates was told room and breakfast is $127 for 2 or $108 for 1 person not during Pesach

If your looking for the old Plaza Hotel you will DEFINITELY be disappointed. If a Red Roof Inn is ok then so will this place. Its not even a Hampton Inn. And the bathroom and room can use a paint job and renovations.

For myself and my wife Id stick to where I am now, if I was traveling with a kid Id do the JG, as its $30 less and with free WiFi more like $45 where I am now and not the JG

Both my place and the JG you get what you pay for, not costing much = you dont get alot,although both are 4*s Id say both are more like decent 3- 3 1/2 *s

parking was free I think they have an underground garage, but even he Plaza only charges 20 sheks so 0 sheks is better

The JG is not a place to stay at if you want to impress someone. was told ALL the rooms were the same size

this pretty much covers it any other questions contact the Hotel @ 02-5008500, fax-02-5002121 or email ; jerusalem-gate@jerusalem-gate.co.il  website is: www.jerusalemgatehotel.com

hope Ive helped answer some of someones questions with this review, I have not stayed there but asked for and was given a key so that I was able to do a walk about in the room

OK I just looked at their website and seems they have a Special rate of $127 for at least 2 nights that comes with free parking,50% off dinner and free internet Nid week, or $112 for min of 3 nights but w/0 the goodies of th eother rate. seems you will be able to bargain with them as Super posted

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:54:23 AM by ChaimB »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »
Not sure I understand. If you can get $127 for at least 2 nights, then my deal of $85 sound much better, or I misunderstood?

My room wasn't really what you wrote below, it was huge, with a flat tv, huge balcony,....

The furniture wasn't super tasteful, but then the ramada is also not so great (a bit better yes, not flawless).

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Not sure I understand. If you can get $127 for at least 2 nights, then my deal of $85 sound much better, or I misunderstood?

My room wasn't really what you wrote below, it was huge, with a flat tv, huge balcony,....

The furniture wasn't super tasteful, but then the ramada is also not so great (a bit better yes, not flawless).

I didnt say $127 was a good deal, but that was the rate the guy at the front desk quoted me. then after I finished my post I clicked onto the JG website and saw it was offerring the $112 and $127 deals but when I clicked on the calendar I saw some dates were Xed out from those specials

My last pt was after being told WiFi was $15 a day and $127 for the room (2) here was the Hotel throwing in the WiFi for free on a 2 night mid-week min, which meant to me that a person should do what U did and hondel with the Hotel and they probably can get  abetter price including some e xtras thrown in

I was also told ALL the rooms were alike, and yet on their site they mentioned an upgraded room on those special rates for free, and U just confirmed that they hav erooms other then a reg Standard room

Can I ask who did you deal with for the room and rate you got? Did you get a TA discount. Saying you got what you did and at $85 w/o providing how others may get it as well is really not a nice thing. If no one else can get it then why mention you got it?Also when were you ther as rates vary according to the different months

It would be as if I posted I had a room at the Plaza for $100 a night leaving out that a friend owns the room and charged me what the Hotel would have forwarded to him. since its a deal no one can get either I wouldnt have mentioned it or I would have explained how I got it so cheap and make it known it was a 1 shot deal not available to anyone else.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:44:57 AM by ChaimB »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
dude, so many baseless accusations....

I just went to handel as you call it, not as a travel agent, just saying I come every few weeks, and yes, when I proposed to her, that I can get her toons of people, she said that she is not interested as they are almost always full like ramada and the sorts.

What I wanted to do, is get for people who want it, a reservation in my name, and supposedly if it leaks out, say that I couldnt come because of a last minute problem or so, so I send someone else.

there were no blackout periods, but during high season, they might just be full.

In other words, Im willing to mess up potentially my own price to help out some people, and no, I dont earn money or points, or even a thank you from them, but rather the opposite.
Please think before posting.

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »
dude, so many baseless accusations....

I just went to handel as you call it, not as a travel agent, just saying I come every few weeks, and yes, when I proposed to her, that I can get her toons of people, she said that she is not interested as they are almost always full like ramada and the sorts.

What I wanted to do, is get for people who want it, a reservation in my name, and supposedly if it leaks out, say that I couldnt come because of a last minute problem or so, so I send someone else.

there were no blackout periods, but during high season, they might just be full.

In other words, Im willing to mess up potentially my own price to help out some people, and no, I dont earn money or points, or even a thank you from them, but rather the opposite.
Please think before posting.

Dude I didnt assume anything I asked

BTW Ive read many posts by you admonishing the others to spell out exactly what they want and need, eg the person who a cheap flight to TLV and after you posted about Turkish the person said they wanted only non-stop. You were 100% Right. So why here didnt You yourself spell out all the details???

Im not down on you even if you were making a few $$ on it, but just as you tell others spell it all out.

I for 1 wouldnt want to have a res in anothers name and show up or have it changed to mine or that both names are on the res to begin with. Especially when dealing with other Yidden

If you would have spelled it all out the 1st time then we wouldnt be having this give and take, and everyone can decide up front if they wish to do it in such a fashion

Neither this post or the one before was an Attack on You, I just wanted to know the details before even considering it for myself

Offline Rebuzn

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Hotels in Jerusalem
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 05:34:12 PM »
I'm looking for a good hotel in the 150$ and less range to stay in on Shabbat (Friday May 7) It doesn't need to be right by the old city.
Anybody have good ideas or deals? (Somebody mentioned to me the Ramada)
Thanks!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Hotels in Jerusalem
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
I made some reservation at the Crown Plaza for $30   :D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »
I made some reservation at the Crown Plaza for $30   :D
im trying to do that with them right now for april 3rd till the 5th, and they said there is no point breaks there anymore! anything to do about that dan?

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 06:01:37 PM »
any ideas for hotels in Tiberias for april 19 one or two nights

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
im trying to do that with them right now for april 3rd till the 5th, and they said there is no point breaks there anymore! anything to do about that dan?

Ramada is $230 , Kings is $198, Park is $120 The Park is reg Rabbanuth but is ,5 min walk from the Ramada so buy your meals at the Ramada and Daven at the Ramadas minyan. A friend just there said the room was small but Ok for 1 person , 2 can get by but thats w/o a baby or kid. He just got back and told me they let him stay till after Yom Tov was over to check-out , dont know if theyd do that for a 1 night stay, otherwise its I forgot either 11am or Noon. Jerusalem Gate showing N/A , The Ramada @ ramada.com is also showing N/A but if interested PM me and I will send you back a link to get it

there are others but I thought youd want a place with a minyan nearby.

Dan any way you can merge this thread with then other 1 in this Forum about Jerusalem hotels??
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:19:17 PM by steve2 »