The American Colony Hotel Jerusalem

Better than Rabbanut Hechsher Hotels:
Most, or all, are not bookable with points

Yerusholaim
Yirmiyahu 33 - Eida
https://y33.co.il/
Haneveim Butique - Eida
https://www.haneviimboutique.co.il/t-he
Litov Hotels (Haneveim & Jewish Quarter) - Rubin (has changed back and forth from Eida)
https://litovhotel.co.il/
Prima Palace (Badatz Agudas Yisrael per their website) https://www.prima-hotels-israel.com/prima-palace-jerusalem-hotel-services
Bnei Brak
Aristocrat Hotel - Rav Landua
https://www.aristocrathotel.co.il/
Malon Bnei Brak - basic - Rav Landua
03-579-2222
Malon Vagshal- Basic - Eida/Sheiris??
03-5799959

Netanya
Ga'alei Sanz
09-862-1777

Tsfas/Meron

Tveria
Zipori BaKineret - Eida
https://www.zipory.co.il/ziporyseaofgalilee
Kinar?

Kinorot - Eida
https://kinorothotel.co.il/

Galil
Haifa Area - Nir Etzion??

Rest of Country
Arad - Margoa Hotel?? basic hotel
Kibutz Chofetz Chaim - Zipori Bakfar - Eida
https://www.zipory.co.il/ziporyvillage
« Last edited by Ploni3 on June 04, 2023, 08:59:23 AM »

Author Topic: Israel Hotels Master Thread  (Read 496297 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel hotels
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
Ever heard of "refua kydem lamako"?

I've answered your statement before you posted it. check what you quoted steve2 ;-)

why are U getting so Uptight and Defensive?

Offline md

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
You 2 would make a great couple.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »
once again, I answered before  you asked. i wrote   ;-)   didnt you see.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2010, 10:47:29 AM »
You 2 would make a great couple.

really, I thought you are more his type...

Offline Levicohen

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
What about the Regency Jerusalem Hotel ?
Is it good?
Is it Kosher L'mehadrin?
Is it in a safe place?

Thank you.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2010, 03:22:32 PM »
What about the Regency Jerusalem Hotel ?
Is it good?
Is it Kosher L'mehadrin?
Is it in a safe place?

Thank you.

its the old Hyatt. Not glatt except when theres agroup staying there usually over  aShabbos but then probably that group only

its up on Mt Socpus , not really walkable to any place great Atrium lobby

some Arabs do live in that area. its a couple mins drive to French Hill dont think youd find a minyan at teh Hotel unless a group is staying there

Offline Chachem Balaileh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Gold, KingFisher Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Gold,Accor Gold,National Executive, Hertz PC,Delta Gold medallion
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
youre welcome. enjoy your stay
Hi Moish,
FYI:just got back from DC hotel Thanks again.
checked in on motsei sh. may 1 about 11:30pm
checked out on tue may 4 paid $150extra for 8pm check out.
i make sure to always look thru details on print out due to many mishaps and guess what
first night charge was as quoted $300 for double & $285 for single. next 2 nights says $320 for dbl & $305 for sngl when i asked rep @desk y different prices he just said price went up.
but smart me brought along print out with me email with confermation for $300 & $285 took a while but they couldnt change the rate just gave me credit for amount.
:) Smile & G-d will give u a reason to smile

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2010, 07:54:19 AM »
you came so close to having me as a neighbor, but as the other person posted the 5k deal is Gone :-(

Im booked at The Ramada on pts for both days of Yom Tov (Wyndham pts 25k per night) and will probably go with The Park for the other days @ $96. If Chaim is correct with free WiFi and free parking it closes the gap between $30 and $96 nicely, but the CP is probably a fancier place and larger rooms (never been inside a room)

Well I just checked into the Park and low & behold no flat screen TV or som eother items that ChamB mentioned. Yes theres free WiFi even in the rooms and free parking very limited. But seems the Flat screen TVs are on the 6th and 7th floors and for that you can pay an extra $12 a night. So it will be the old fashion TV for me. I looked at the rooms and they are slightly nicer, but not worth an extra $12.

I was told they were full last night so I wasnt able to get into the room when I arrived , no problem I gav ethem my Israeli cell # and they called when it was ready I stopped by The jerusalem Gate and the room was slightly bigger but I prefer The Parks location next to the Ramada

The Park cost me $90 a night and its worth apx that much, dont think Id come here if I was traveling with a wife, nor the JG either. But anything else is at least 2x the $$. After having some very nice rooms last week in Belgium , Im already missing The Plaza and Renaissance no longer being affilated with SPg and Marriott. But for $90 its a very Good deal if coming alone or if your wife is very low maintance

Id say if you are looking to score any pts with your wife then cross off both the J Gate and The Park

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
Well I just checked into the Park and low & behold no flat screen TV or som eother items that ChamB mentioned. Yes theres free WiFi even in the rooms and free parking very limited. But seems the Flat screen TVs are on the 6th and 7th floors and for that you can pay an extra $12 a night. So it will be the old fashion TV for me. I looked at the rooms and they are slightly nicer, but not worth an extra $12.

I was told they were full last night so I wasnt able to get into the room when I arrived , no problem I gav ethem my Israeli cell # and they called when it was ready I stopped by The jerusalem Gate and the room was slightly bigger but I prefer The Parks location next to the Ramada

The Park cost me $90 a night and its worth apx that much, dont think Id come here if I was traveling with a wife, nor the JG either. But anything else is at least 2x the $$. After having some very nice rooms last week in Belgium , Im already missing The Plaza and Renaissance no longer being affilated with SPg and Marriott. But for $90 its a very Good deal if coming alone or if your wife is very low maintance

Id say if you are looking to score any pts with your wife then cross off both the J Gate and The Park

Thanks for your trip reports!

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »
 Ok a quick Update

now having been here for 2+ days, its not bad at all, far from being a Plaza Hotel, but the a/c stays on all night long and indeed gets very cold if you put it on the coldest setting

only liquid soap by the sink and in the bathtub (no probelm since I travel with my own soap and shampoo when I know I wont be at a top chain Hotel or 5*)

needless to say free Wifi and from all the rooms as well :-)

rooms are small but thats by any Hotel. they are plain and the only thing that needs changing is the 70s lamp shade and from the look of it is probably that old and from the 70s

For minyanim I walked over to the Ramada max 10 mins from leaving my room on the 5th floor to walking up 2 flights at the Ramada to where they have their shul (non hagim)

All in all, I most certainly will be back as $90 (ok it will be more Im sure Succos & Pesach etc) is a great deal IMO. I think if a person moves a small chair and table around they should be able to fit a crib in the room, if the hotel supplys them I dont know

But its a bare bones place, nothing fancy and you get what you paid for it, definitely worth the $ unlike so many hotels in this city that are better located for say walking to the Kotel and simply rip you off due to that

so w/o a Marriott or SPG or Hilton in this City, I can say I have found my new Home. A few yrs ago they were The Park Inn which was apart of Raddison, but like the others not any longer

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »
I stayed 1 night in the ceasar hotel (300 yrds from tachana hamerkazit yerushalayim), which I booked via worldmate (bb app).
It was the only hotel I found at a decent price.
The room was old but clean. No soap/shampoo. Bathtub couldn't be filled, no lid.
Safe took an hour to be made functional.
Receptionist spoke also a bit hebrew, besides spassiba.
Hechsher is rabanut (non mehadrin) complimentary breakfast.
At 10:58 I got a phone call to get out the room within 2 mins, so I told them my reservation email says checkout at noon.
So she said: I give you less than half an hour to get out of there. I told her: you give me whatever time you wish, I go out when I'm ready.

This friendly "lady" responds to the name Anat. Her male behavior and the hot temperature at the reception reminded me of a "son of a beach"...
On a more positive note, the AC stays on also when you leave the room.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2010, 07:07:57 PM »
Forgot to add: free parking.
Speak to inesa if you want someone friendly on the phone.
If she puts you on hold and when getting back to you, you get an unpleasant answer, you know anat is around...

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »
Forgot to add: free parking.
Speak to inesa if you want someone friendly on the phone.
If she puts you on hold and when getting back to you, you get an unpleasant answer, you know anat is around...
;D

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2010, 11:18:52 AM »
 boy did I make a mistake I switched to the Ramada for tonight and tommorrow night and the a/c at The 3* park was a heck of alot Colder then it is over here

Im on a free stay and Wyndham rewards make a huge mistake and gave me an exec room and free bkfst.It should have been a reg room ONLY. the room mgr saw me when I was checking in and told said 'I thought once we left Marriott we were done with You' he said he should hav eknown better/ yep I was the 1st guest to use WR pts for a free stay and he told WR that under no circumstances should they confirm an exec room and breakfast as well

He told me WR was gonna CX it or at least try to but he told them Mr steve2 is a very old Guest of the Hotel so leave it this time as our gift to him.

It is avery nice room and should have been like this when they were a Renaissance. Would I pay an extra $60 per night for it, sure the day I buy a full fare FC tkt to Israel

yep The Park hotel will be my new home when in town going forward

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2010, 02:17:47 PM »
 further Update (Dan U got to fix this site so that a person can go and edit (modify) their post at any time!)

A friend staying at J Gate told me the food is alot less per meal then anywhere else and was more then adequate. He has a flat screen TV not too many channels just the basic Israeli ones. He has a renovated room but with no vies unless U consider the dumpster a view.He went to the front desk and asked about getting a different room and was told , if I gave it to you youd be back here in a sec begging me for your old room back, reason; it was the type I saw the other day and its worn and in ba dshape.He stayed put.

also no fridge in the room, he didnt ask if they had any he will and alos if they charge for it

he said he was more then happy with the place even thou its 3 *s at best and you have to make sure you get a Renovated room

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2010, 06:14:06 PM »
About the ceasar again, the view of the room was the wall opposite.

Offline leibima

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Israel hotels
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »
I need a hotel in Jerusalem from August 10-19. Two people traveling and want something within walking distance to the Kosel. Don't want to spend too much and don't require necessarily a hotel with food.

Please post any ideas.

Thanks

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »
I need a hotel in Jerusalem from August 10-19. Two people traveling and want something within walking distance to the Kosel. Don't want to spend too much and don't require necessarily a hotel with food.

Please post any ideas.

Thanks

if saving $$ is your main concern, it wont be easy. Forget the 5* so that leaves a 4* which are really 3*s

the ones I can think of with apx a 20 min walk to the Kossel are The Kings (across from The Plaza) Glatt , non-Glatt are the 3 Hotels on Kevish 1  The Olive Tree or Grand Court or Leonardo (old Novotel) although Damascas Gate is closer to these it migt pay to walk thru Jaffa Gate unless you are walking witha number of people that know the way at that

you can get some rates off of here; http://www.israelhotels.org/hotels_all.cfm?LevelID=31

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
A Real Kosher Ritz Carlton
http://corporate.ritzcarlton.com/en/Press/Releases/Announce_Herzliya.htm

The latest Ritz-Carlton will be in Herzliya, Israel, located just north of Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean Sea marks a first for the luxury hotel chain, it's the first kosher Ritz-Carlton. The property features a Ritz-Carlton hotel with the top six floors dedicated to The Residences  at The Ritz-Carlton. The project is being developed by Tidhar Group and Adi's Marina, and represents an investment of approximately $160 million. Architect Rani Ziss, who worked on the renovation of the Plaza in New York City designed the project and Studio Gaia, a New York-based interior design firm is creating an elegant seaside retreat.

The project overlooks the Herzliya Marina and has approximately 80 luxury vacation residences, everything from studios to large penthouses. Residences owners will have access to the hotel's five-star facilities and amenities which will include the rooftop outdoor pool, spa and fitness center. The property will be outfitted with Shabbat elevators and a fully equipped upscale kosher restaurant. The project is scheduled to be completed at the end of 2012.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:33:25 AM by ceejay »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
A Real Kosher Ritz Carlton
http://corporate.ritzcarlton.com/en/Press/Releases/Announce_Herzliya.htm

The latest Ritz-Carlton will be in Herzliya, Israel, located just north of Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean Sea marks a first for the luxury hotel chain, it's the first kosher Ritz-Carlton.

thanks for the heads up, only everyone should know you cant earn any Marriott pts or credit when staying at any RC. Although you can use yur M Pts to stay at a RC it takes alot of pts.

The RCs are broken into 2 tiers; Tier 1 is 45k for 1 night and 175k for 7 nights and lessens per night over the 1st till 7 nights (so stay 7 its 25k per night less then 7 it will cost more then 25k per night)

Tier 2 is 45k 1 night up to 250k for 7 (my guess is this RC will be a Tier 2 but hopefully a T-1)

then again its not in Jerusalem

and for all the Thinkers (schemers) the Chase Marriott CC earns only 1 pt per $1 for non-Marriott purchases at least in my opinion not worth spending $45k for 1 night when that same $45k will get you so more value on a Different CC (thats 55k in miles if you used the Amex SPG)