Author Topic: jersey care  (Read 240560 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: jersey care
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
Huh? Which plan gives kids free shoes?
A.
Only if their feet are uncomfortable. (Most toddlers...and pregnant women)
  • referral from pediatrician to podiatrist
  • Script from podiatrist
  • Go to orthostep/other and pick out a brand name, comfortable shoe (once every six months?)

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 11:40:46 PM »
kids don't get free shoes.
Not sure if that is true...my whole family is on state, and my kids have A.  Although, I don't do the shoe thing, one of my sons really did need the ortho and shoes.  He was covered.

Offline fruma2113

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2013, 08:13:24 AM »
I just applied for NJ Family Care - and you no longer need to send in three months of bank account statements. They now use your tax return and a pay stub from your work.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »
I just applied for NJ Family Care - and you no longer need to send in three months of bank account statements. They now use your tax return and a pay stub from your work.
Through the county? Because AFAIK with the state you never needed to send in statements.

Offline fruma2113

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »
I applied online on the NJ Family Care Website but all my letters and documents are coming from the county so I guess it is through the county. Im still waiting to hear back and I was just recently told its going to the state for approval so maybe there are no longer a separate county route or state route?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
I need some help. Thanks in advance.

I recently applied for jersey care through the county and was rejected after waiting almost 5 months! In the meantime, I didn't get one letter of correspondence, one phone call, and was ultimately rejected since they read my bank  statement showing money that I brought back from Israel when I lived there as "income". The whole system is ridiculous, yet  unsurprising that it's one or those things that governments can only suck at.

As of now I need to reapply with cleaner statements, should I go through the state? Where do I find an application link? Will I really not have to send in 3 months of bank statements that way?
Visibly Jewish

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »

I recently applied for jersey care through the county and was rejected after waiting almost 5 months! In the meantime, I didn't get one letter of correspondence, one phone call, and was ultimately rejected since they read my bank  statement showing money that I brought back from Israel when I lived there as "income". The whole system is ridiculous, yet  unsurprising that it's one or those things that governments can only suck at.

As of now I need to reapply with cleaner statements, should I go through the state? Where do I find an application link? Will I really not have to send in 3 months of bank statements that way?
No more statements. Now with Obamacare - it's tax returns.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
Apply through the state. Its the same appplication just a different mailing address, the state address is in Trenton. As for bank statements you do not need any. Also response time is about 30 days not 5 months...
P.S. If you live in Lkwd you can pick up a copy of the app from LRRC.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2013, 09:34:33 AM »
Seriously no bank statements? That makes things much easier as I have multiple back accounts and would need to explain every little transfer of money I did between them.

Not that I would apply through the county again, but if someone does, do they also not need bank statements there anymore?

Thanks so much for the help guys.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Malachi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
Apply through the state. Its the same appplication just a different mailing address, the state address is in Trenton. As for bank statements you do not need any. Also response time is about 30 days not 5 months...
P.S. If you live in Lkwd you can pick up a copy of the app from LRRC.
so what do they require as proof of income?
Denny Crane

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2013, 09:36:23 AM »
If anyone has the address to the state or a link, please post. TIA

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
Seriously no bank statements? That makes things much easier as I have multiple back accounts and would need to explain every little transfer of money I did between them.

Not that I would apply through the county again, but if someone does, do they also not need bank statements there anymore?

Thanks so much for the help guys.
I'm almost positive that after jan 1, everything changes, and jerseycare will be doing obamacare income verifications which is tax return and no bank statements. Walk into LRRC, they'll help you out.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »

imho you have to go to 4th st and sit there until you get speak to your case worker. Be nice but firm, explain where the money is from, show an Israeli bank statement or something and make sure that she processes It asap. Tell her youl be back in a week. Explain that you have waited 5 months etc.
if this doesn't work get hold of a supervisor, you are being "mistreated" and have medical bills etc...
Demand a fair hearing that you are entitled to etc.
Bekitzer, don't wait for "them", chase it.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
imho you have to go to 4th st and sit there until you get speak to your case worker. Be nice but firm, explain where the money is from, show an Israeli bank statement or something and make sure that she processes It asap. Tell her youl be back in a week. Explain that you have waited 5 months etc.
if this doesn't work get hold of a supervisor, you are being "mistreated" and have medical bills etc...
Demand a fair hearing that you are entitled to etc.
Bekitzer, don't wait for "them", chase it.
Why just not reapply throught the state they're much easier to deal with.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »
If anyone has the address to the state or a link, please post. TIA
NJ Family Care
P.O. Box 8367
Trenton NJ 08650

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:28 AM »
so what do they require as proof of income?
Tax returns.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2013, 10:00:23 AM »
Why just not reapply throught the state they're much easier to deal with.
CRMIIW but if you meet the county requirements, cant the state deny you and say that you should apply through the county? Also, the state does not offer plan A.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
A) Unfortunately the lrrc was no help to me, in fact they gave me a false sense that I would get approved based on what I showed them. I see more "real" advice in the forums than I ever could of squeezed out of them.

B) So I need to wait for January 1st to apply with no bank statements?

3) You don't get a case worker unless you're already on jersey care. I could of requested a fair hearing but there was no way I was able to approved since I had furniture I sold after leaving Israel classified as income, along with having to explain a bunch of other transfers from beginning to end, theres no way they would consider even listening.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:32:25 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
A) Unfortunately the lrrc was no help to me, in fact they gave me a false sense that I would get approved based on what I showed them. I see more "real" advice in the forums than I ever could of squeezed out of them.

3) You don't get a case worker unless you're already on jersey care. I could of requested a fair hearing but there was no way I was able to approved since I had furniture I sold after leaving Israel classified as income, along with having to explain a bunch of other transfers from beginning to end, theres no way they would consider even listening.
I think you need to visit the counting thread to learn how to count. :P

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »

Now with all the changes, alot of the info on the forums may be inaccurate. EVERYTHING changes on Jan 1. You may be able to apply thru the obamacare website. I would definitely go in to LRRC. Because in 10 days it may be much much easier to get medicaid.