Author Topic: switching continental miles  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Mark

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
switching continental miles
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
i have a continental card and really dont fly continental.. does anyone know how i can transfer them to starwoods or citi ?? and any way i can churn it into another card so i dont hurt my credit when i cancel?? thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: switching continental miles
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
No, generally speaking you can't transfer miles out of an airline mileage account.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mark

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:14:56 PM »
can i switch them to a family member who also has the same card?... and can i transfer my credit into theirs also?.. or can i transfer it to another chase credit card without a yearly charge?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »
can i switch them to a family member who also has the same card?... and can i transfer my credit into theirs also?.. or can i transfer it to another chase credit card without a yearly charge?
No, no, and possibly.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:38:48 PM »

as for #3 , it used to be a slam dunk. People would apply and get the World Card spend what they had to to get the bonus within the 1st billing period. When they got the bill they called and had Chase change the CC to the $2 for 1 mile CC and close the World up.

= you got to keep the Bonus miles for getting the card the acct still showed opened although the CC itself changed so Chase didnt take back the miles and you didnt have to pay the annual fee that was billed. BINGO

But unfortunately that has changed and Chase will no longer allow a person to switch among the different CO types of CCs. They will tell you , you have to close this acct and reapply for the other CC and you will lose the Miles. Now dont know if they will or wont take back the bonus miles. But $85 for 25,000 isnt such a bad deal, at least while the coins were still doable among a couple of other high charging items, that doesnt cost us anything.

Now if theres a generic Chase card that doesnt get any type of a bonus and you had the CO CC for at least 6 months maybe they will work with you. But I feel they will simply ask you to apply from get go for whatever CC you now want

Offline joe

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:38:47 PM »
You can book tickets for someone else/family member out of your account.

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 06:25:11 PM »
i still havent figured this out - why can you just go through choice privelages?

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 08:26:13 PM »
And you can fly a lot of diff airlines with the miles * alliance...