Topic Wiki

Post your absolute favorite surefire recipes below!

Shabbos Food:
Smoked Brisket
Weekday Dairy:
IMPOSIBBLE
Weekday Meat:
Smoked Ribs
Soups:
Smoked turkey soup
Desserts:
Smoker Ashes

Beef Jerky: Click Here to post yours...

DansDeals Forum > General Discussion

Food/Recipe Thread

(1/503) > >>

ChAiM'l:
With the male to female ratio on the forums currently at 4.9:1, this thread might not be very popular , but I'm hoping that the few (self-proclaimed?) foodies around here will chime in. Post here your favorite dishes and/or recipes, or ask other members for recipe ideas.

To start it off, does anyone have a good recipe for braised short ribs? (Please only post recipes that you've tried, or know that they're good. I know how to use Google :).   

Columbiadorm:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12870.15

8qt pot crockpot. 5lb Yukon Gold Potatoes. 2 Vidalia Onions. 1 roll of Kishka. 2lb Cheek Meat. 1lb Knee Bones. 1.5 teaspoon Salt.

Use 'S Blade' on your food processor on the  peeled potatoes & onions. Dump that into pot followed by everything else. Put it on Low Thursday 11pm. Mix it in the am. Eat some in the afternoon. Then watch it as you near Shabbos to see its status. Enjoy :)

Mikeoracle:

--- Quote from: Columbiadorm on January 12, 2012, 07:19:40 PM ---http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12870.15

8qt pot crockpot. 5lb Yukon Gold Potatoes. 2 Vidalia Onions. 1 roll of Kishka. 2lb Cheek Meat. 1lb Knee Bones. 1.5 teaspoon Salt.

Use 'S Blade' on your food processor on the  peeled potatoes & onions. Dump that into pot followed by everything else. Put it on Low Thursday 11pm. Mix it in the am. Eat some in the afternoon. Then watch it as you near Shabbos to see its status. Enjoy :)

--- End quote ---
No liquids at all? (eggs, water....)

Columbiadorm:

--- Quote from: Mikeoracle on January 12, 2012, 07:27:36 PM ---No liquids at all? (eggs, water....)

--- End quote ---

Nope. Potatoes and Onions give off enough. Cheek meat is a salty meat. Some may not even add the salt.

Cbs:

--- Quote from: Columbiadorm on January 12, 2012, 07:34:56 PM ---Nope. Potatoes and Onions give off enough. Cheek meat is a salty meat. Some may not even add the salt.

--- End quote ---
i heard cheek meat is amazing. never tried it (expensive?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version