Author Topic: Most of the jackets and coats from BANANA REPUBLIC have SHATNES!  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Most of the jackets and coats from BANANA REPUBLIC have SHATNES!
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:11:54 PM »
You can often get great deals from Banana Republic but its worth while knowing that there suit jackets, blazers, coats, even rain coats and COTTON jackets (anything with cloth under the collar) most probably WILL have shatnes.
so its important to check anything purchased there
the shatnes can usually be removed for around $40 (but that can make it a real deal breaker)

this is also very common among most expensive European suits (Boss, Zegna, Burberry, ....)

please share ideas to get banana to stop making there stuff with shatnes ! (I dunno petition maybe)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Most of the jackets and coats from BANANA REPUBLIC have SHATNES!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »
You can often get great deals from Banana Republic but its worth while knowing that there suit jackets, blazers, coats, even rain coats and COTTON jackets (anything with cloth under the collar) most probably WILL have shatnes.
so its important to check anything purchased there
the shatnes can usually be removed for around $40 (but that can make it a real deal breaker)

this is also very common among most expensive European suits (Boss, Zegna, Burberry, ....)

please share ideas to get banana to stop making there stuff with shatnes ! (I dunno petition maybe)
What about their wool coats?

I had to have the collar redone in a Banana suit jacket before-I think it was about $20.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »
I got the regular coat from BR last year and it did not have shatnes but this years coat it has the piece of material under the collar- and a friend of mine bought it and told me it DOES have shatnes

it totally killed the deal i got on it - (30% +  20% off). i think im gonna return it

I was also so surprised when a cotton blazer i bought had shatnes

around here in they charge usually charge $50 to take out the shatnes and put in a new collar piece...wish it was only $20

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »
I got the regular coat from BR last year and it did not have shatnes but this years coat it has the piece of material under the collar- and a friend of mine bought it and told me it DOES have shatnes

it totally killed the deal i got on it - (30% +  20% off). i think im gonna return it

I was also so surprised when a cotton blazer i bought had shatnes

around here in they charge usually charge $50 to take out the shatnes and put in a new collar piece...wish it was only $20

Come on over to Cleveland  :D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »
Come on over to Cleveland  :D
how much deos it cost there?

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
Got a banana republic jacket made in china, is it presumed as well to have shatnes?

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »
IME the highest line of jackets(monogram) always have Shatnez(collar), the lowest line never had, and the middle depends on the season/style..the latest style(super 120’s) does have Shatnez. I just bought in blue and black and the collars need to be replaced. I payed around $150 for each suit after discount codes and gc’s and I now have to pay an extra $60 for each jacket for the testing and removal. I also had to pay an extra $30 for alterations. So total payed $240... not as cheap as I thought...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:02:44 PM by joe1234 »

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 04:34:10 PM »
I heard from a shatnez expert that all Boss suits have Shatnez.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
IME the highest line of jackets(monogram) always have Shatnez(collar), the lowest line never had, and the middle depends on the season/style..the latest style(super 120’s) does have Shatnez. I just bought in blue and black and the collars need to be replaced. I payed around $150 for each suit after discount codes and gc’s and I now have to pay an extra $60 for each jacket for the testing and removal. I also had to pay an extra $30 for alterations. So total payed $240... not as cheap as I thought...
Mine had shatnes as well even though online says usually those are the ones made in Turkey (mine was made in China), it was "br picks" so i guess that is considered "high line" BR