Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1113532 times)

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #3420 on: September 06, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »
Got my client 4.2K USD cash transfer into their bank account when 6 pax were delayed 8hrs or so due to a "lack of ground handling resources for a previous flight which delayed theirs" which BA alleged was "out of their control".
My customer tried to no avail to show that they were due the comp - so i escalated to CEDR - they quickly claimed "it wasn't 8 weeks since the issue and they were in contact with the customer"... I showed clearly they wrote the customer was "refused" any compensation - so CEDR said my case was valid.
The same day they replied saying they had made a mistake and had already corrected it - by compensating the 600eur x6 to my client... 2 business class ADT 1 biz INF, 1 ADT PE, 2 CNN PE.
My client sent me a thank you of $500 for settling it for them. Great customer! BA tho... ridiculous BS... they should get fined for that stuff.. lying to ppl..
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline Coinguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: September 06, 2017, 03:01:30 PM »
UPDATE: They found the 1 lost piece of luggage, how in the meantime I had to buy some things. Am I entitled to comp for that?

American finally got back to me. They said that aircraft was delayed due to mechanical issues and therefore was only entitled to 7,500 aa miles. They also said that since the KSML was on order from BA they're not responsible for that so they didn't give me anything. Any advice? Should I ask for more?

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:12 AM »
LY flight delayed 2 min under 8hrs. TlV-EWR
X11 Passengers

This is their response.

We thank you for writing to us concerning your flight LY 007 from Tel-Aviv to New York on August 13th, 2017 and we apologize for our delayed due to work load in the high season.

We realize that you were anxious to get to your destination and we are truly sorry that you arrived in New York later than planned and that your travel plans were adversely affected.
After reviewing your claim, we would like to inform you that since your flight originated from Israel, the Israeli Aviation Service Law applies. Under Israeli Aviation Services Law, monetary compensation is not available for flight delays that are 8 hours or less,as in your case (delay 7 hours 34 minutes). As much as we regret, compensation as requested cannot be provided due to the above explanation.

If you incurred out of pocket expenses such as ground transportation, accommodation & meals during or as a result of the delay, please forward receipts by email attachment for a review.

Thanking you for your understanding, we sincerely hope that your future flights with EL AL will be effected under more favorable circumstances.

(not sure where they got 7:34 from)

What should I reply? They didn't offer ANY compensation.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: September 17, 2017, 06:35:25 PM »
Asking for a friend. TLV-NYC involuntary denied boarding due to overbooking by the short stopover in Rome. They were checked in all the way through in Tel Aviv. They were rebooked on a flight that arrived an hour later.

Are they entitled to anything? From a quick search it seems that they are only entitled if they arrived over an hour after the original arrival time and based a percentage of that flight's one way fare.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 17, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »
( if not posted in correct thread please let me know!)
If I had a baggage delay and I started a claim with the airline ( Alitalia) and then started a claim with my credit card company ( chase sapphire reserve) now the airline got back to me with a settlement of a 100 Euro Gift card and I accept it will Chase Sapphire Reserve not give money for the delayed bags?
Can I ask for a check from Altilia, will they give it to me?
Usually they'll deduct the 100 but ymmv. Even if u reject it chase may ask if you were offered anything. That being said, I've gotten paid from both before.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: September 17, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »
posting for a friend.

Two weeks ago he was scheduled to depart with Turkish flight 2 JFK-IST at 7:10pm on Thursday evening
arriving at 11:55am,1:30min connection depart IST-TLV
At 1:25pm arrive at 3:35pm.(flight 0786)
At first there was an hour delay so he went to the desk and the agent guaranteed that the connecting flight would wait for them since there were 40+ pax connecting,

Being told they would wait he proceeded to board, and they got delayed an additional 2hr on the plane and ended up departing around 10pm.

When they arrived in Istanbul all transferring pax wereput on the 6:30pm flight which wouldn't work with shabbos... So he went to the Turkish desk to see if he can get a hotel voucher since he'll be spending shabbos there. After asking, the agent said I have to ask my supervisor and went to the back- came back saying since they put all other pax on the 6pm flight they don't need to give him a voucher, so he asked to speak to the supervisor and the agent said I am the supervisor (even though he just went to the back to ask his supervisor..)

My friend is a SA Gold.

My question is how much and what sort of compensation can he ask for?

PS. Not asking for lectures on how one would travel so close to shabbos.

PPS. he ended up being hosted by a family that chabbad sent him to and had a beautiful shabbos.
It's ridiculous how TK is getting away with this. I understand that delays happen which cause people to miss their connection, but why lie about it? TK staff in jfk have a terrible history, they always claim that the second flight will wait but it never does. They are not doing anyone favors by lying. It just causes aggravation in cases like the above. Just say the truth that you don't know if they will make connection and let pax decide if they want to take the flights.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: September 18, 2017, 10:38:48 AM »
Asking for a friend. TLV-NYC involuntary denied boarding due to overbooking by the short stopover in Rome. They were checked in all the way through in Tel Aviv. They were rebooked on a flight that arrived an hour later.

Are they entitled to anything? From a quick search it seems that they are only entitled if they arrived over an hour after the original arrival time and based a percentage of that flight's one way fare.
Bump.

Offline PPM

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: September 18, 2017, 01:47:06 PM »
Alitalia damaged my stroller on April 3. I'm still fighting for my money.
I filed a DOT claim since they didn't respond to my email for over 60 days which is illegal.
DOT contacted the manager which emailed me a month ago that they will give me an answer in 10 days. I sent back an email to the rep at DOT with still no response.
Anyone have any idea how to proceed?
BUMP

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3428 on: September 18, 2017, 02:58:05 PM »
Any chance I can get some type of compensation on a flight I took over a year ago? Or is there a max time frame from or till when you can claim $ for a flight? (flight was delayed for over 6hrs sitting on and in the airport) just never got around to it, but bumped into some info about the flight which I kept should I have wanted to file a claim?
 Any chance? Or a waste of my time? 
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: September 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »
Any chance I can get some type of compensation on a flight I took over a year ago? Or is there a max time frame from or till when you can claim $ for a flight? (flight was delayed for over 6hrs sitting on and in the airport) just never got around to it, but bumped into some info about the flight which I kept should I have wanted to file a claim?
As I posted here, I've received compensation for a flight that had taken place over a year earlier.

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
Does anyone have any experience getting compensated for lost luggage on Royal Air Marroc?
BUMP

Would really appreciate any advice. They are not responding at all

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3431 on: September 19, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
I received a compensation for a local flight that was cancelled which was a connection to a flight to TLV, the airline routed us to another airport saying we'll make the TLV flight, missed that flight too. Ended waiting for 10 hours for the next flight, filed a claim 11 months later and it worked, it was not 1 year but close enough.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Josef.koney

• View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: September 19, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
I booked a flight for last Thursday, it got canceled and the only available flight after that was Sunday night which was annoying... And then that flight got delayed a few hours...  any reason to even deal with it?  (Is there a real possibility of getting Some thing for it?) And, any specific way I should contact them? 

Offline Josef.koney

• View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: September 26, 2017, 12:32:35 PM »
I booked a flight for last Thursday, it got canceled and the only available flight after that was Sunday night which was annoying... And then that flight got delayed a few hours...  any reason to even deal with it?  (Is there a real possibility of getting Some thing for it?) And, any specific way I should contact them?
Bump

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: September 26, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
Bump
route? airline? reason for cancellation?

Offline Josef.koney

• View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: September 26, 2017, 03:03:56 PM »
route? airline? reason for cancellation?
Yyz to Miami American Airlines problems with plane I think

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: September 26, 2017, 04:17:17 PM »
Inoperable power port on Delta. Any point in asking?

My bags are almost always there after 20 minutes, so I have a nice amount of compensation showing up for that.

They gave me 5k.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:44 PM »

Bump.

Offline high end hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: September 26, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: September 26, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »
On AZ?

then no chance IMO
I believe so. Are they legally required to offer anything?