Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1098822 times)

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #3580 on: January 18, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »
Happy for you.
What did they ultimately give you? (Or maybe I missed it?)
$100 voucher

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: January 18, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 29, 2018, 03:19:14 PM »
"In place of the $100 travel credit, I'm able to offer you 500 HawaiianMiles each."

LOL 500 miles or $100?? What are they thinking.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3583 on: January 30, 2018, 04:13:52 AM »
3 separate emails. My son has a FFN as well. He CAN send his own email with some help from his dad.
Ftfy.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online jmz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: February 04, 2018, 07:32:57 AM »
Flew united from FRA-ORD on a milage ticket. Bag was scanned in Chicago but was nowhere to be found when I arrived Thursday afternoon. The bag was delivered shabbos afternoon.  I filed a delayed baggage report and sent an email with receipts of items I bought on Friday for shabbos and the reason why I bought each item. I finally got an email from them this past Thursday.

"On behalf of United Airlines I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience created by your luggage delay. We can imagine how frustrating this situation has been and regret that we have disappointed you.

For assistance with a reimbursement of the essential items you purchased, please submit the receipts, a copy of your airline ticket, boarding pass, and a signed copy of our Claim Form (link attached) to our claims department. For your convenience you may email your documents to brc-claimsdesk@united.com or fax to (281) 873-2188 or print and mail to, 900 Grand Plaza Dr., Houston, TX 77067.

Please visit http://www.united.com/claimform to download claim form.

This email should not be replied to, as the sending mailbox is not designed to receive emails. If you have any additional questions please contact our Baggage Resolution

Service Center at 1-800-335-2247.

Thank you for choosing United Airlines."

The form asks for my boarding passes (which I luckily still have) and original proof Of purchase of the original items. Some items I have received as a gift and others are like 3 years old and don't keep the receipts.
Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to help me get reimbursed? Any other things I can do?
Thank you 

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: February 04, 2018, 08:08:37 AM »
Airline: Jetblue
Flight: JAX-FLL
Class: Economy+
Incident: Nearly 3 hour delay.
Compensation: $100 Jetblue TravelBank.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: February 04, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
Airline: Jetblue
Flight: JAX-FLL
Class: Economy+
Incident: Nearly 3 hour delay.
Compensation: $100 Jetblue TravelBank.
Jetblue is amazing regarding delay compensation.

https://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/customer-protection/

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: February 04, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »

The form asks for my boarding passes (which I luckily still have) and original proof Of purchase of the original items. Some items I have received as a gift and others are like 3 years old and don't keep the receipts.
Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to help me get reimbursed? Any other things I can do?
Thank you 

They mean the receipts of items you purchasednow to replace the stuff lost in the suitcase.

Online jmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: February 04, 2018, 10:19:19 AM »
They mean the receipts of items you purchasednow to replace the stuff lost in the suitcase.
I sent that to them already.

Offline gswannabe

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United gold, spg Plat, Delta silver, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, flying blue gold
« Reply #3589 on: February 04, 2018, 10:41:58 AM »
Airline: United Airlines:
Flight: SYD-HOU
Class:Business
Incident: High pitch sound from the headphone jack in 2 of the seats.
Compensation: $200 United travel credit x 2

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: February 04, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »
Jetblue is amazing regarding delay compensation.

https://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/customer-protection/

Yup and it was proactive on their part.

Online jmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:19 AM »
Flew united from FRA-ORD on a milage ticket. Bag was scanned in Chicago but was nowhere to be found when I arrived Thursday afternoon. The bag was delivered shabbos afternoon.  I filed a delayed baggage report and sent an email with receipts of items I bought on Friday for shabbos and the reason why I bought each item. I finally got an email from them this past Thursday.

"On behalf of United Airlines I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience created by your luggage delay. We can imagine how frustrating this situation has been and regret that we have disappointed you.

For assistance with a reimbursement of the essential items you purchased, please submit the receipts, a copy of your airline ticket, boarding pass, and a signed copy of our Claim Form (link attached) to our claims department. For your convenience you may email your documents to brc-claimsdesk@united.com or fax to (281) 873-2188 or print and mail to, 900 Grand Plaza Dr., Houston, TX 77067.

Please visit http://www.united.com/claimform to download claim form.

This email should not be replied to, as the sending mailbox is not designed to receive emails. If you have any additional questions please contact our Baggage Resolution

Service Center at 1-800-335-2247.

Thank you 

Bump
Any suggestions? Anyone have experience with this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: February 05, 2018, 10:45:31 AM »
Bump
Any suggestions? Anyone have experience with this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW if you used an Amex plat you have baggage insurance as well

Online jmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: February 05, 2018, 10:51:36 AM »
It was a milage ticket. And my in laws cc. Don't think that will work. Thank you though.

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »
last I checked I didn't notice such a thing. "For delayed luggage"

Offline garniermonkey

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: February 12, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »
Hi I posted here earlier about my husband he missed a connecting flight so he was stuck overnight in another country. He was flying from Greece to Dusseldorf and from Dusseldorf to Munich and Munich to New York. The Dusseldorf flights came in late so he missed the connection. He had to stay overnight in So I filed a claim with United since he bought the tickets through there but they told me that I needed to file with Lufthansa since they were the actual carrier. I just spoke to Lufthansa now and they said that they are closing this claim and we are not entitled to the 600 Euro since the flight delay was caused by air flow management restrictions or something like that. They said that they did Research into the flight and since it was an issue with air traffic it is not their responsibility. They sent $100 compensation for the fact that he received no Kosher meals on a 10-hour flight when he finally did get on to the second leg the following day but that is the extent of the compensation they're offering. Is this normal? I mean isn't this what they would always say that it is an air traffic issue and not theirs?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3596 on: February 12, 2018, 10:28:19 PM »
Hi I posted here earlier about my husband he missed a connecting flight so he was stuck overnight in another country. He was flying from Greece to Dusseldorf and from Dusseldorf to Munich and Munich to New York. The Dusseldorf flights came in late so he missed the connection. He had to stay overnight in So I filed a claim with United since he bought the tickets through there but they told me that I needed to file with Lufthansa since they were the actual carrier. I just spoke to Lufthansa now and they said that they are closing this claim and we are not entitled to the 600 Euro since the flight delay was caused by air flow management restrictions or something like that. They said that they did Research into the flight and since it was an issue with air traffic it is not their responsibility. They sent $100 compensation for the fact that he received no Kosher meals on a 10-hour flight when he finally did get on to the second leg the following day but that is the extent of the compensation they're offering. Is this normal? I mean isn't this what they would always say that it is an air traffic issue and not theirs?
If it is not the airline's fault then no use to fight it, but as you mentioned , sometimes they may not state the correct reason, happened to my wife on a flight from IND to TLV, the flight from IND  to ORD  got cancelled, they claimed weather, IND weather was NP and I checked ORD and there were no weather issues. She ended missing the flight to TLV and arrived 32 hours later, had to pay for a hotel in Vienna, airline was Austrian, blamed on United and United ignored her request, stating weather as the reason the flight was cancelled.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline helpyouamdme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
    • contact ‘Kоѕhеr Ski Club’ for the experience of a lifetime!
« Reply #3597 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »
What compensation can i get for a frozen meal in U?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: February 13, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline garniermonkey

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: February 13, 2018, 11:55:38 AM »
If it is not the airline's fault then no use to fight it, but as you mentioned , sometimes they may not state the correct reason, happened to my wife on a flight from IND to TLV, the flight from IND  to ORD  got cancelled, they claimed weather, IND weather was NP and I checked ORD and there were no weather issues. She ended missing the flight to TLV and arrived 32 hours later, had to pay for a hotel in Vienna, airline was Austrian, blamed on United and United ignored her request, stating weather as the reason the flight was cancelled.
  I think that European code is pretty strongly-worded that basically there isn't many opportunities where they can back out of providing compensation. They have to prove an unusual unusual circumstance such as extreme weather emergencies or war. It needs to be an extraordinary event. They then must make every effort to try to accommodate. My husband's missed his connecting flight because the first flight took off late and arrive too late to make the second leg. The weather was fine and how are they able to prove that there was air traffic restrictions and issues.