Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1098573 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
Airline: Lufthansa
Flight: FRA-TLV
Class: Business (award ticket booked with CO)
Incident: 1 piece of luggage did not arrive until next day. They would not deliver it without a fee.
Compensation: 5000 CO miles
Why is TLV luggage delivery so darn ridiculous?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
Airline:Delta
Flight:JFK-TLV
Class:Economy but upgraded to business- mileage booking
Incident: Missing Car seat (with loads of things inside the car seat bag besides car seat...)
Compensation: Just happened yesterday.. but i hope i get sumthin really good! I have delay insurance with Amex, and I will complain to delta... I had to drive home with a child in my lap for a half hour from airport home... pretty unsafe!!
So far I received a check from delta hassle free of 370$ cus I purchased another car seat ONLINE and sent them the receipt. I bought the best rated car seat they had avail lol. And than I wrote to them that I sacrificed the safety of my son on my trip home due to the lack of carseat and I believe I should be compensated for that as well. Didn't yet receive an email back. And I got my luggage delivered m. Shabbos.

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 09:51:28 AM »
So far I received a check from delta hassle free of 370$ cus I purchased another car seat ONLINE and sent them the receipt. I bought the best rated car seat they had avail lol. And than I wrote to them that I sacrificed the safety of my son on my trip home due to the lack of carseat and I believe I should be compensated for that as well. Didn't yet receive an email back. And I got my luggage delivered m. Shabbos.
ok the end is near... i got 370$ check from delta, plus 200$ voucher from delta, PLUS 370$ from Amex- i took out extra baggage insurance :) not bad for a delay in a car seat... and i get to sell my other carseat which is in great condition and it sells for waaay more than i paid for it in israel!!

Offline bhphotoman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 11:26:26 AM »
my best one...

like 2 yrs ago i had a broken foot, i was on a special boot that weighed like 8 pounds and crutches,
me and my wife were flying LGA to DTW, i had called the airline to confirm a wheelchair since i REALLY could not walk, they told me to show up early which we did, when we got there the lady at the ticket counter said the wheelchair ppl arent here yet so just HOP i said excuse me i should HOP and she said yes you have crutches u will be fine, we argued about it to no avail we went on are way, not once threw out are entire trip there and back did the have a wheelchair and this was a flight with a stop over,

we get home i call and raise hell they tell me screw off in nice words, i get a lawyer to call and nicely tell them to expect a lawsuit for violating my americans with disobility act since i was considered disabled for 4 months

reward we received $1000 x 2 and $1000 x 2 in vouchers

also forgot the next time we flew the bumped us up to first class!!!!

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »
my best one...

like 2 yrs ago i had a broken foot, i was on a special boot that weighed like 8 pounds and crutches,
me and my wife were flying LGA to DTW, i had called the airline to confirm a wheelchair since i REALLY could not walk, they told me to show up early which we did, when we got there the lady at the ticket counter said the wheelchair ppl arent here yet so just HOP i said excuse me i should HOP and she said yes you have crutches u will be fine, we argued about it to no avail we went on are way, not once threw out are entire trip there and back did the have a wheelchair and this was a flight with a stop over,

we get home i call and raise hell they tell me screw off in nice words, i get a lawyer to call and nicely tell them to expect a lawsuit for violating my americans with disobility act since i was considered disabled for 4 months

+1. Good Job!!
Which airline was this?
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »
+1. Good Job!!
Which airline was this?
well why didnt u sue? it wud maybe make 1000 look like a joke

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
well why didnt u sue? it wud maybe make 1000 look like a joke

Bari v'shema, bari adif....

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
Bari v'shema, bari adif....

That pretty much flies in the face of every entrepreneurial startup.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
Flight: FRA-NYC
Class: Economy
Incident: Came to fra from a connecting flight, the original LH flight was delayed due to the plane arriving there late, arrive to fra 20 min b4 next flight, they put us on a bus to take us directly to the aircraft, but decided in middle the way that they dont wanna wait for us, so bumped us off till the next morning on a CO with no kosher meal & gave us hotel and kosher restaurant in Frankfurt.
Compensation: 20% off next reservation on LH.

What pigs they are, I fired off a nasty long email how bad it was, we were 8 people, told them how I missed an important meeting in NY and we had nothing to eat or drink in FRA prior to the flight as the hotel didn't serve kosher breakfast. After describing the entire incident and heard nothing from them for over a week I received a letter yesterday how sorry they are bla bla bla, and they'r giving me a 20% cert for my next reservation.

How lame???

Do you guys think I can get compensation from Continental for the non kosher meals on their flight? being that it was a LH ticket...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:13:24 PM by Wolf »

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:38 PM »
Flight: FRA-NYC

Do you guys think I can get compensation for non kosher meals on the flight from continental? being that it was a LH ticket...

Was this an award ticket?

If so, then yes you can complain to Lufthansa about it even if booked with Continental.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

Was this an award ticket?

If so, then yes you can complain to Lufthansa about it even if booked with Continental.
No it was a paid ticket, and I mentioned it in my email.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
Sorry, I meant to ask if I can complaint to continental about it, if it was a LH ticket?

Offline dwkl

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
   my experience is in order to make sure you get a meal you have to call the airline your actually flying on not the ticketing/booking airline even then its not 100%
 but good luck trying for compensation nothing to lose by asking
even el-al if you have a legit complaint will give u 200 matmid points if you nudge long enough they hope youll forget and not presist but for those that do their is a small reward

Offline dwkl

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
my best one...

airlines sing a diffrent tune when faced with a law suit even EL-AL when a friend had hot coffe and sufferd burns on hand came thru with a few GRAND after client got his lawyer to write a letter untill then they told him in hebrew LECH LAZAEL =go to hell

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Re: Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
Sorry, I meant to ask if I can complaint to continental about it, if it was a LH ticket?

Why would you complain to them? I mean I guess it can't hurt to try.

Offline bhphotoman

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
it was either AA or UA, i did not sue cuz lawyer said it would take YEARS to see a penny

i took what was offered and thats it i was very very happy

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »
Airline: Swiss Air TLV-JFK
Class: economy
No kosher meal on first leg of my trip
Compensation : $25 Amex gift card

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 05:21:10 PM »
Need some advice from the olam. I was on a delta domestic flight to fly to an afternoon business meeting, flying back home the next morning. Because of equipment malfunction, the flight was delyaed, so instead of getting in at 12:50, I got in 3:30 which made some difficulties. They tried to reroute on other airlines etc, but this was the best they could do. They gave me $7 food voucher.
What is reasonable to ask delta? A voucher towards flights or miles? how much?

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »
Need some advice from the olam. I was on a delta domestic flight to fly to an afternoon business meeting, flying back home the next morning. Because of equipment malfunction, the flight was delyaed, so instead of getting in at 12:50, I got in 3:30 which made some difficulties. They tried to reroute on other airlines etc, but this was the best they could do. They gave me $7 food voucher.
What is reasonable to ask delta? A voucher towards flights or miles? how much?
Send a complaint. If you're not satisfied with that, call up corporate customer care.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline lbvtch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
Flight: FRA-JFK
Complaint: no kosher meal
Comment: i missed my connecting flight from KRK so obviously i missed my meal with it. i also had a flight from EWR to MDW with southwest and was missing it because of my delay, they just put me on a flight to ORD.
Compensation: 3000 UA miles