Author Topic: ST Regis Bal Harbour  (Read 13634 times)

Offline yitz182003

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ST Regis Bal Harbour
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:18:17 PM »
Hello all, any ideas of haw to get the St Regis in Bal Harbour for a discounted price?

Thanks

Offline Cashman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: ST Regis Bal Harbour
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:22:31 AM »
Hello all, any ideas of haw to get the St Regis in Bal Harbour for a discounted price?

Thanks
Don't know how to get for a discounted price. But after speaking to two different people who were there last week. The hotel is beautiful but are having a hard time keeping service up to category 6 levels. And they know it. So both my friends got points back after complaining.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »
Don't know how to get for a discounted price. But after speaking to two different people who were there last week. The hotel is beautiful but are having a hard time keeping service up to category 6 category 7 levels. And they know it. So both my friends got points back after complaining.
ftfy
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
ST Regis Bal Harbour
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
What's ftfy?
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »
Fixed that for you.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:26:30 AM »
ftfy
Thanks. Well it for sure was not up to category 7 levels!!

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:45 AM »
I believe they don't have any suites available yet, so don't plan on getting upgraded to a suite. Also I believe only around a third of their rooms are in operation at this time.
DON"T go down and ask to see one of their rooms. You will need to make an advance appointment with the sales team, to see one of their showrooms.

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »
Here is what a friend of mine just got for complaining that the regular elevator was broken and had to use service elevator.

From: "Chavez, Jose" <jose.chavez@stregis.com> Date: March 1, 2012 12:32:26 PM EST To: <

Subject: St. Regis Bal Harbour

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for providing feedback concerning your recent stay to our debut address. I am disappointed to hear about the mishaps you had during your stay, and want to let you know many of them have been already addressed and resolved. I understand I cannot recreate the experience, but I would welcome another attempt at leaving another favorable impression. As a gesture of goodwill and to restore your faith in the brand, I would like to extend one complimentary night stay in a grand lux accommodation on your next visit to Miami. Is this the correct address to send my offer to:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jose

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »
Here is what a friend of mine just got for complaining that the regular elevator was broken and had to use service elevator.

From: "Chavez, Jose" <jose.chavez@stregis.com> Date: March 1, 2012 12:32:26 PM EST To: <

Subject: St. Regis Bal Harbour

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for providing feedback concerning your recent stay to our debut address. I am disappointed to hear about the mishaps you had during your stay, and want to let you know many of them have been already addressed and resolved. I understand I cannot recreate the experience, but I would welcome another attempt at leaving another favorable impression. As a gesture of goodwill and to restore your faith in the brand, I would like to extend one complimentary night stay in a grand lux accommodation on your next visit to Miami. Is this the correct address to send my offer to:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jose

If you ask nicely, I'll bet you can get that free night offer bumped to two or three nights (i.e. weekend or long weekend).

I did it with the Diplomat many years ago -- after the first time I stayed there.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
If you ask nicely, I'll bet you can get that free night offer bumped to two or three nights (i.e. weekend or long weekend).

I did it with the Diplomat many years ago -- after the first time I stayed there.
Well, when you were at the westin for the first time, was it a one night stay or mutliple nights?

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
Well, when you were at the westin for the first time, was it a one night stay or mutliple nights?

It was a five night stay (with points), and I parlayed it into a free five night stay the next year, courtesy of the GM and his assistant.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
It was a five night stay (with points), and I parlayed it into a free five night stay the next year, courtesy of the GM and his assistant.
Great for you.!
 That's why I think that if Cashman's friend only had a one day reservation at the St. Regis (if that's the case), there would be no basis to getting a number of free days.

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »
was there recently, opening weekend looked nice but definitely not amazing, lots of mirrors and shiny metals everywhere which I thought made the whole place look a bit cheap, pools where nothing to write home about and there wasn't allot of space around outside, I did not make it to the beach which is not directly connected but separated by Boardwalk / path.. (just my thoughts)

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 12:13:20 AM »
was there recently, opening weekend looked nice but definitely not amazing, lots of mirrors and shiny metals everywhere which I thought made the whole place look a bit cheap, pools where nothing to write home about and there wasn't allot of space around outside, I did not make it to the beach which is not directly connected but separated by Boardwalk / path.. (just my thoughts)
Couldn't agree with you more, (although I wasn't allowed to see an actual room). Unless someone's money or spg points is literally growing on trees, I cant see why it's worth nearly 3 times the Westin Diplomat for example.
How are the rooms? Can you compare it's size with the W South beach rooms or the diplomat rooms?

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 04:56:20 AM »
The W South Beach is a sensitive subject here ;)
But yes, haven't heard from anyone here that its lived up to its expectations...

Offline Cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »
Great for you.!
 That's why I think that if Cashman's friend only had a one day reservation at the St. Regis (if that's the case), there would be no basis to getting a number of free days.
+1

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 03:08:41 PM »
Anyone stay here for Shabbos yet?
How are issues like the staircases or motion activated lights in the hotel?

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 03:24:43 PM »
Anyone stay here for Shabbos yet?
How are issues like the staircases or motion activated lights in the hotel?

Wasn't there Shabbos but guessing its a disaster. Entire hotel is automated.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »
Wasn't there Shabbos but guessing its a disaster. Entire hotel is automated.
Darn.  Looked like a nice 5 night redemption (for the price of 2) over a shabbos and right next to The Shul.

Offline gswannabe

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United gold, spg Plat, Delta silver, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, flying blue gold
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
Yes, quite a hit i know. On the other hand (I am there now) this hotel is absolutely amazing. Service is out of this world - the valet guy who opened my car door knew me by name (maybe I was the only person checking in at 1am?), there was a bottle of Yarden wine waiting for me in my room when I arrived, it seems every staff member in the hotel already knows that I'm shabbos-observant and can't use elevator, lights, room key etc and already offered to help (and I've only been here an hour, in middle of the night), the room (and I got a standard one to get a low floor for shabbos - 4th fl) is beautiful and quite large....so far it seems that all those points are well spent. Here till Monday night....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:25:52 PM by Dan »