Author Topic: to dispute or not to dispute  (Read 4515 times)

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: to dispute or not to dispute
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2018, 02:31:42 PM »
Yeah, I always call the merchant before disputing. 99% of the time they'll refund the charge right away.
Not sure about 99%, but it's the right thing to do.
The only dispute I had on my direct CC merchant was from the rabbi of my shul, he thought I over charged him so he just disputed. When I comforted him he said "you should have told me then regarding the charge" I said I did and even told him where he was standing as I told him in person. He denied that but after reviewing the cheshbon he reversed the dispute.

I was more hurt from the fact he wasn't a mench and just ask me before he disputed, at that point it bothered me more then the money involved.

Lesson learned, I do everything over the phone on a recorded line

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »
Not sure about 99%
When I tell them I will dispute they refund.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2018, 02:38:01 PM »
The only dispute I had on my direct CC merchant was from the rabbi of my shul, he thought I over charged him so he just disputed. When I comforted him he said "you should have told me then regarding the charge" I said I did and even told him where he was standing as I told him in person. He denied that but after reviewing the cheshbon he reversed the dispute.

I was more hurt from the fact he wasn't a mench and just ask me before he disputed, at that point it bothered me more then the money involved.

Lesson learned, I do everything over the phone on a recorded line
Yup. Just not menshlich.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Meno

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »

Yeah, I always call the merchant before disputing. 99% of the time they'll refund the charge right away.

IIRC, in the past when you would go to dispute a charge they would recommend that you try to sort it out directly with the merchant first.

In my latest experience they didn't say anything like that. I was actually surprised how simple the process was. I'm getting the feeling that CC companies don't really care about merchants very much.