Author Topic: Will Business Checking account work to be linked for 10 bonus Freedom points?  (Read 3824 times)

Offline askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
I have searched online (only a quick search here on DDF, but I searched online for a while so I hope this isn't superfluous) and spoken to some very knowledgeable ppl over at Chase, and I keep getting different answers. Will my Chase BUSINESS Checking account work for this??? I don't have a personal and I'm not very interested in signing up for another Checking account. Does anyone have experience with this? The chase rep on the phone basically told me in very long words that she doesn't know...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:46:05 AM by askmoses »

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
I have searched online (only a quick search here on DDF, but I searched online for a while so I hope this isn't superfluous) and spoken to some very knowledgeable ppl over at Chase, and I keep getting different answers. Will my Chase BUSINESS Checking account work for this??? I don't have a personal and I'm not very interested in signing up for another Checking account. Does anyone have experience with this? The chase rep on the phone basically told me in very long words that she doesn't know...

Yes it'll work.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline askmoses

• View Profile

Thanks! Just 2 browsered CO Card and Freedom... bothe say they need further review.... someone told me it's a good idea to call RIGHT away and talk to them to get them to hopefully approve... any thoughts on that? Also, if I get the CO card you think I'll still have a way of getting them to match 50k before they pull the card??

UPDATE***

I just got approved for the CO card by calling right away and they approved me, surprisingly for 5k on the card w/out closing my $1500 BA Cards line or my $6000 Sapphire line. I told the agent I would have my banker send a letter in about my other app(Freedom card which as mentioned earlier I applied for at the same time). I am interested in having my BA card closed anyhow and to have rolled into the Freedom. Any practical advice on how I should now proceed? The rep informed me both were "temporarily denied" when I first called because I had two apps for other cards in the last year. Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I am interested in having my BA card closed anyhow and to have rolled into the Freedom. Any practical advice on how I should now proceed? The rep informed me both were "temporarily denied" when I first called because I had two apps for other cards in the last year. Any advice would be appreciated.

There is a "Chase Reconsideration" thread in this forum that has had a handful of people with the same question and others have provided lots of answers.  Don't cancel the BA outright.  Use it as leverage to get the Freedom approved (i.e. ask them to move some of the credit line over to the new Freedom card, or offer to close it only if they approve the Freedom, etc).

Offline askmoses

• View Profile
Well now they want me to send copy of Social card and driver license/proof address for the freedom...
Sometimes I don't corporate policy... they approve me for CO, Sapphire and BA and I hold a checking account with them and NOW they want this stuff???!?! I'm not super comfortable faxing this stuff....

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I had the same
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Well now they want me to send copy of Social card and driver license/proof address for the freedom...
Sometimes I don't corporate policy... they approve me for CO, Sapphire and BA and I hold a checking account with them and NOW they want this stuff???!?! I'm not super comfortable faxing this stuff....

I had that once. I just called again and they closed an old card and approved the new one. They didn't mention the social and license even.

Offline askmoses

• View Profile
I had that once. I just called again and they closed an old card and approved the new one. They didn't mention the social and license even.

Just like that? Did you wait until you got the letter of pending decision/refusal or did you call right away?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Just like that? Did you wait until you got the letter of pending decision/refusal or did you call right away?

I called a few days after applying. The letter came a few days after they approved me over the phone.

Offline askmoses

• View Profile
I had the same

Called 5 times and no can do. They keep on telling me that I need to send my documents... when you had the problem did you send it out?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I faxed it and got approved. Its "usually" a sign that you're approved, but for additional securityand to protect "you" from identity theft they ask it. Maybe you have a bit different address (apt # or bad spelling etc.) om your credit report?did you recently move? But if you're at this point, you're probably approved. Keep me posted

Offline askmoses

• View Profile
Fax sent... how long did it take for them to approve you? Did they contact you before approval?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
I'm not sure but no longer than 2 business days. I called them.

Offline askmoses

• View Profile
they received it but now are telling me they don't have an answer for me yet  :( ... should I keep calling?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
I also spoke to Chase exec office, but I dont think that had any effect. Maybe u can try calling them.