Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1151158 times)

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #3600 on: October 10, 2017, 07:09:26 PM »
I figured but I'm just happy I got my two standard rooms for my family! Usually they block next year's Sukkot dates the second Sukkot starts in the current year and I'm assuming that since next year it is a little earlier in September they just didn't have it on their radar to block it before the calendar opened up.  Someone needs to add some reminders to their Google calendar.  :P
You did a good job :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: October 16, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »
Do they only give breakfast to Gold and Diamond on a point stay or do all point stays get breakfast?

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3602 on: October 16, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »
Do they only give breakfast to Gold and Diamond on a point stay or do all point stays get breakfast?
tbe former

Offline gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:30 AM »
Spoke with the hotel manager, the whole thing that it was released was a huge mistake. Junior suites went for $700 when they usually go for over 1k.. David tower for $1300 etc.
Was good thing most reservation made were points for superior in which case hotel said they will get full cash for as sukkos is always sold out. So hilton is going to have to eat those losses. Who thinks Dan booked as well and can do a seminar there next year.....

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: October 18, 2017, 07:00:10 AM »
Was good thing most reservation made were points for superior in which case hotel said they will get full cash for as sukkos is always sold out. So hilton is going to have to eat those losses. Who thinks Dan booked as well and can do a seminar there next year.....
What makes you think, even if he did book, that he'd give a seminar?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: October 18, 2017, 07:40:30 AM »
What makes you think, even if he did book, that he'd give a seminar?
Didn't say he did book but have a hunch that maybe he did, and didn't say he would asked that maybe he would he hasn't given one in a bunch of years

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3606 on: October 18, 2017, 08:01:54 AM »
Didn't say he did book but have a hunch that maybe he did, and didn't say he would asked that maybe he would he hasn't given one in a bunch of years
he actually gave one last pesach

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: October 18, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
Ok so when was last public seminar that regular people went to not at pesach program?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:17 AM »

Did you speak to management and they said that most of the bookings were on points? And yes, they will get paid nicely for those.  I posted upthread that somehow the reimbursement showed on my reservation for a while for last Pesach and they got $3500 for each five night stay in a room.  For that reason alone, I don't understand when they block the standard rooms during these busy times (I noticed that this Pesach they opened them back up), except maybe if they have numbers that points stays also don't spend as much on F&B and they'd prefer to sell-out on Sukkot with cash paying customers that will spend more.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: October 18, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
Did you speak to management and they said that most of the bookings were on points? And yes, they will get paid nicely for those.  I posted upthread that somehow the reimbursement showed on my reservation for a while for last Pesach and they got $3500 for each five night stay in a room.  For that reason alone, I don't understand when they block the standard rooms during these busy times (I noticed that this Pesach they opened them back up), except maybe if they have numbers that points stays also don't spend as much on F&B and they'd prefer to sell-out on Sukkot with cash paying customers that will spend more.
Yes was there he other day and I asked them about it and he said Hilton botched it and didn't block it out for them as they have sukkos pricing , he quickly looked at sukos and saw how the reservations were made

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: October 18, 2017, 09:12:14 AM »
Yes was there he other day and I asked them about it and he said Hilton botched it and didn't block it out for them as they have sukkos pricing , he quickly looked at sukos and saw how the reservations were made

Ok thanks.  Glad some of us are getting to go AND they aren't gonna lose out. I want them to be happy and stay a part of Hilton as long as possible!  :)

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:22 AM »
If so, why wouldn't they open it like this to begin with?

Nothing to do with Hilton. It was a result from their own mismanaging. 
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: October 18, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »
If so, why wouldn't they open it like this to begin with?
Nothing to do with Hilton. It was a result from their own mismanaging.
Bec they rather rich people who spend tons of money at hotel vs. people who just stock pile points for free vacations and won't spend a penny at hotel

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: October 18, 2017, 11:19:18 AM »
Bec they rather rich people who spend tons of money at hotel vs. people who just stock pile points for free vacations and won't spend a penny at hotel
What exactly is there to spend in the hotel? No spa facilities etc.. And for meals everyone pays anyway.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: October 18, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »
What exactly is there to spend in the hotel? No spa facilities etc.. And for meals everyone pays anyway.
Yea but rich people not only pay for every meal over yomtov no matter how many there are they invite alot people per meal as well . Points people would rather eat out then spend 110 per person per meal there and def not paying for someone else's meal

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: October 18, 2017, 11:56:02 AM »
Yea but rich people not only pay for every meal over yomtov no matter how many there are they invite alot people per meal as well . Points people would rather eat out then spend 110 per person per meal there and def not paying for someone else's meal

+1  We did pay for one Seder (which for 5 people and a private room was over 2k) but managed not to pay for any other meals there and we were definitely in the minority.  Everyone else had a paid for day and night Yom Tov meals. Almost no DDFers are paying for every Shabbat and YT meal at the hotel so it's seems obvious to me why they'd prefer other clients during these Chagim.

You mention the spa, I am curious why they haven't opened at least some kind of spa even without the pool. It seems like it would be a good additional profit center. Do you think it's financial, embarrassing to do without a pool (i.e. Admitting they're never doing a pool), or some frum reasoning like people will be getting procedures from the opposite sex? I'm truly just curious. I think a lot of women especially would use the spa services if they had one.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: October 18, 2017, 01:16:25 PM »
About spa they were bragging about becoming the first seprate kosher spa

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: October 18, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
About spa they were bragging about becoming the first seprate kosher spa
thank you for setting me up.....
So the food is not kosher but they want the spa to be kosher.... at least they have their priorities straight!

PS this is intended to be a joke. I am not insinuating that the food is not kosher.

Offline Z56

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #3618 on: October 18, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
pass on the popcorn...
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: October 18, 2017, 02:41:33 PM »
thank you for setting me up.....
So the food is not kosher but they want the spa to be kosher.... at least they have their priorities straight!

PS this is intended to be a joke. I am not insinuating that the food is not kosher.
Kosher is relative especially when comes to food