Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1151375 times)

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #3580 on: October 02, 2017, 01:57:34 PM »
Can I complain and receive compensation for the lack of pool/spa if when I booked the nights they advertised it would be open?

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: October 02, 2017, 02:34:06 PM »
Can I complain and receive compensation for the lack of pool/spa if when I booked the nights they advertised it would be open?
Please don't accelerate their departure from Hilton. I'm still hoping to spend shavuos there.
Risk is opportunity

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3582 on: October 02, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
Please don't accelerate their departure from Hilton.
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SrulyP

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #3583 on: October 02, 2017, 02:55:13 PM »
Please don't accelerate their departure from Hilton. I'm still hoping to spend shavuos there.

I am not sure if that is the right way to look at it. I earned the points in a legitimate way and spending them in a legitimate way. I booked these nights 6 months ago - well past their promised completion date. Why do I not deserve compensation? This hotel is a ton of points per night and not having any spa, gym or pool is a major negative. But what annoys me more is that after reading through this thread today I see that they have been pushing this date for the last three years. Why should they get away with a blatant lie?

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3584 on: October 02, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
make sure you book ASAP. Last year Shavout was blocked from award bookings

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3585 on: October 02, 2017, 02:56:29 PM »
Please don't accelerate their departure from Hilton.
Not condoning this behavior, but it seems inevitable at this point.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3586 on: October 02, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »
I am not sure if that is the right way to look at it. I earned the points in a legitimate way and spending them in a legitimate way. I booked these nights 6 months ago - well past their promised completion date. Why do I not deserve compensation? This hotel is a ton of points per night and not having any spa, gym or pool is a major negative. But what annoys me more is that after reading through this thread today I see that they have been pushing this date for the last three years. Why should they get away with a blatant lie?
Welcome to Israel. :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:09 PM »
you could have cancelled. You obviously went knowing there wouldn't be one.

Offline SrulyP

• View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: October 03, 2017, 03:54:30 AM »
you could have cancelled. You obviously went knowing there wouldn't be one.

That is a pretty skewed way of thinking.

I booked the room months ago and now checked a month before arrival to confirm the updates were done. When I saw they weren’t, I went on this thread and noticed people mentioned the changing timeline and reasons why it will never be done.

So now what, I should cancel in protest and be left paying hundreds more for a similar hotel? Or are you suggested I go back in time and never even start collecting Hilton points with the intention of actually using them at a hotel.

The reactions I am getting make it sound like I have done some sort of crime of actually expecting to get money’s worth when using my 95k points at a Hilton hotel. This is one of their most expensive hotels - equal to the unbelievably beautiful Beverly Hills Waldorf and I think the services and amenities SHOULD be impeccable.

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: October 03, 2017, 04:33:01 AM »

If you havn't checked in yet, maybe try asking for an upgrade uppon checking in.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: October 03, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »
HHonors calendar is now open thru Oct. 3, 2018 and none of Sukkot is currently blocked at the WAJ so if you're sitting on points book Sukkot now before they block it (obviously I booked my rooms before posting this)!  :P

Seriously, I'm so excited! I've done Shavuot and Pesach there and am looking forward to experiencing Sukkot now (and we are not the kind to pay for any kind of Chagim program).  Also if you want to use CSR points, it's only $579 for their flexible rate (and they're usually around $800 a night over Sukkot) so that might be a good way to book too.  All of these bookings only require 48 hours to cancel (which will also change to much farther out), so if you're thinking of going, I'd book now and then you can always cancel without penalty.

Offline mendy613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: October 08, 2017, 12:02:02 AM »
Crazy how you are planning next year Sukkos  8)

I am pumped for this coming Chanukah!
(Never booked something so far in advance!)

Offline gross5g

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 08, 2017, 04:09:15 AM »
Crazy sukkos was available last night but not superior room so points was 188k a night, and as of now  the days from Sept 23 - Oct 4 show no avaialbility even for cash

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 08, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
Crazy how you are planning next year Sukkos  8)

I am pumped for this coming Chanukah!
(Never booked something so far in advance!)

I know I'm a little crazy but I only did this because I knew that we wanted to go and that they always  block the standard rooms.

Crazy sukkos was available last night but not superior room so points was 188k a night, and as of now  the days from Sept 23 - Oct 4 show no avaialbility even for cash

It seems like they always do this Sukkot time for the next year and then decide what few rooms they want to open back up for direct sale. The TAs on here might be able to explain better what happens to the rest of the rooms that never come back on the Hilton site. I'm assuming they get sold as blocks to agencies?

Offline mendy613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: October 08, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »
I know I'm a little crazy but I only did this because I knew that we wanted to go and that they always  block the standard rooms.

It seems like they always do this Sukkot time for the next year and then decide what few rooms they want to open back up for direct sale. The TAs on here might be able to explain better what happens to the rest of the rooms that never come back on the Hilton site. I'm assuming they get sold as blocks to agencies?

Dan had a whole expose on this specific hotel a year after they opened, yet he might've changed it since cozying up with the GM...

Offline gross5g

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: October 08, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
They got a new GM in past year

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: October 08, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
Correct agencies buy them off.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: October 09, 2017, 12:07:56 PM »
Spoke with the hotel manager, the whole thing that it was released was a huge mistake. Junior suites went for $700 when they usually go for over 1k.. David tower for $1300 etc.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 09, 2017, 12:14:16 PM »
Spoke with the hotel manager, the whole thing that it was released was a huge mistake. Junior suites went for $700 when they usually go for over 1k.. David tower for $1300 etc.
no kidding!

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: October 10, 2017, 12:46:48 AM »

I figured but I'm just happy I got my two standard rooms for my family! Usually they block next year's Sukkot dates the second Sukkot starts in the current year and I'm assuming that since next year it is a little earlier in September they just didn't have it on their radar to block it before the calendar opened up.  Someone needs to add some reminders to their Google calendar.  :P