Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

So what do you get for having the card? These incredibly sweet benefits:
-Expanded award ticket availability
See DDMS for details, including here.
-Full United Club membership:
 This membership normally costs $395 per year for non-elites and it’s the only club network that can’t be accessed with the AMEX Platinum card or the Priority Pass lounge membership that comes with that card.
 A full United Club membership allows your entire family, or you and 2 guests, to enter hundreds of United and partner lounges worldwide, regardless of which airline you are flying of even if you are even flying at all!  Just show your membership card and you’re in!
 Here is a dreadfully incomplete list of lounges.  For example I’ve used my United membership card in Tel Aviv but they’re not listed. 
-Unlimited Airport Terminal Access:  **ENDING AUGUST 2016**
 Another very nice benefit of being a full United Club member is that you can access the secured part of the airport even when you’re not flying! When I pick someone up from the airport I often like to meet them at the gate and surprise them and go for a free drink in the club. All you have to do is go to the checkin counter, show your United Club membership, and request a gate pass to get past security to access the lounge.
 This will work in any airport where there is a United or USAirways lounge.
 With free wifi, snacks, drinks, newspapers, magazines, and even showers and free ironing services in some locations, you can even make the United Club your new office if you wanted to!
 Or you can just take your kid past security to see the planes taking off when not rushing to a flight, just like in the pre 9/11 days.
 See here more detailes about this benefit.
-1.5 United Miles per dollar spent everywhere!
 This blows every other card out of the water. You’ll get 1.5 miles for every dollar you spend anywhere.  No other card out there offers anything near this earning rate on everyday purchases!  Even the great Starwood card earns an effective 1.25 miles per dollar spent and those can’t be directly transferred to United (though they can be used on United via an airline like USAirways though they have harsher award policies), or the excellent Freedom card with checking offers 1.1 points per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
It’s not hard at all to get at least 1.8 cents value per mile (or much more than that), but at that rate it’s a 2.7% rebate on everything you buy. Considering you can pay your federal income taxes for a 1.89% fee, you will be able to load up on miles the next time you pay taxes and be excited about getting a discounted vacation out of it!  It would come out to a cost of just 1.26 cents per United mile, which is an incredible bargain (A business class ticket to Europe is 100,000 miles with no fuel surcharges, so you would be paying just $1,260 for business to Europe or $1,512 for business to Israel or the Maldives), plus you may even be able to deduct the 1.89% fee!
You also earn 2 miles per dollar on United purchases, though that is beat by the 2.14 points per dollar offered by Sapphire Preferred.
-2 Free Checked Bags:
 You and one companion automatically get 2 free checked bags on United worldwide. If you bring 2 bags each that’s a savings of $240 domestically or a savings of $400 to most international destinations (Europe, Israel, Argentina, Asia, Australia, etc) on a round-trip.
Not only that but additional cards are free, and although additional cardholders don’t automatically get 2 free bags like the primary cardholder, they will at the checkin counter by just showing the agent their United Club card. I have tested this out many times to confirm that this works. For a family of 4 with 8 checked bags you can split your itinerary into 2 after purchasing it, and then with 1 primary card and 1 additional card all 8 checked bags will be free, a savings of $480 domestically or $800 to most international destinations on a round-trip.
As the free luggage benefit can be attained by just showing a checkin agent your credit card, it will last until the card’s expiration date, which is 3 years from when you are approved.
-Premier Access and Boarding:
 You’ll get priority check-in, priority baggage handling (your bags will arrive ahead of the general public’s), and priority security line access.
 Plus you will board at the same time as Premier Silver elite members, ahead of Explorer cardholders, ahead of families with children, and way ahead of the general public, so that you will have plenty of space for your carry-ons.
-Waived Award Expedite/Close-In Fees:
 Those pesky $75 per passenger fees for booking an award ticket within 21 days (which is right when the best award availability starts to open up) are automatically waived for cardholders!
-No foreign Transaction fees:
 Get the best rates and pay no exchange rate fees.
-Hertz President's Circle Status:
 Cardmembers get President's Circle status at Hertz. After getting the card, register at https://hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/
-Hyatt Platinum Elite Status:
 Cardmembers get Platinum status at Hyatt, giving them free internet, upgrades, and bonus points. After getting the card, register at https://hyattstatus.mileageplus.com
As with the Explorer card, you also get these benefits:
-Primary CDW Rental Car Insurance:
 Almost all credit cards only offer secondary CDW rental car insurance, meaning that you must first file a claim with your personal insurance which will affect your rates. The United consumers cards cover accidents without the need to make any claim with your personal insurance and should definitely be your go-to card for all car rentals outside of Israel.
-Premier upgrades on award tickets:
 Premier members will be eligible for upgrades by being a United cardholder.
-Non-expiring miles:
 As long as you’re a United cardholder your miles will never expire.
-Last-Seat Standard Awards:
 As long as there’s a seat on the plane you’ll be able to use double miles for it. This level is now capacity controlled for general members.
-Other protections:
 -Travel Accident Insurance
 -Emergency Assistance
 -Trip Cancellation Insurance
 -Lost Luggage Reimbursement
 -Delayed Luggage Reimbursement
 -Delayed Trip Reimbursement
 -Extended Warranty Protection
 -Price Drop Protection
 -Purchase Protection
 -Return Protection
 -Worldwide Emergency Card Replacement

Source
Getting the AF waived After being approved for the card, you could SM and ask for the AF to be waived for the first year.

Author Topic: United MileagePlus Club Card  (Read 402192 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
United MileagePlus Club Card
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »
Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Quote from: UA Insider
Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:

As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):

Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
        Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
        Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
        Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
        Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
        No foreign transaction fees
        Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
        As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
        Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
        Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
        Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
        Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
        24/7 Concierge Services

For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:

Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options

For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:53:26 PM by jj1000 »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
Re: Introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
How much is the anual fee?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »
There's also a $95 stetement credit after 1st use

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
Nada.
But it seems from UAInsider that you can convert a MileagePlus Explorer to Club.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
If converting, will I have fee waived for the first year? (I just recently got approved for MPE)
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
If converting, will I have fee waived for the first year? (I just recently got approved for MPE)
Doubtful, but call and let us know what they say.

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Does it come with Avis Pres?
Is the fee $95 if you are a Priority Club Platinum?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »
Does it come with Avis Pres?
Yes.

Is the fee $95 if you are a Priority Club Platinum?
Huh?

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
Just called them they said you must have your card for at least a year in order to convert it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
Just called them they said you must have your card for at least a year in order to convert it.
YMMV.

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
Huh?
I saw you wrote PC plat gets this card @ $95

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 02:24:07 PM »
I saw you wrote PC plat gets this card @ $95
In your dreams :D
A lifetime CO Presidents Club member was able to get the Pres Plus card for $100.  No idea about this card yet though.

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »
I must have misread what you wrote

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:43:01 PM by jewda »

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
MILEAGE PLUS CLUB CARD
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 12:12:20 AM »
MILEAGEPLUS CLUB CARD
no more flex miles ?

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:37:36 AM »
Apparently you didn't read the first post on this thread  :P

Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases.

And what I find even more troubling is the following!

While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts
:'(

Offline ZCN

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »
Nada.
But it seems from UAInsider that you can convert a MileagePlus Explorer to Club.

Any idea if I get the card then cancel, will it still work to get into the united club?

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
Any idea if I get the card then cancel, will it still work to get into the united club?
I hope @Steve2 doesn't come across this post... :P