Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

I couldn't find a link to apply for it from Dan.
Here's one http://www.fairmontcard.com/
$95 Annual Fee waived.
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:45:24 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Fairmont Credit Card  (Read 88639 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Chase Fairmont Credit Card
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
fyi--I wanted to get fairmont -for stay in paris 2 free nights--- spoke to person in charge of credit cards -- she explnd-- they have three brands --and the c.c is only good for free nites at "fairmont" hotels -- that is why when on web site see so few hotels and none in paris
why would you think otherwise?  It does say fairmont hotels...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Yup
ROFL, that's a big-time typo!
Should say that "a top-tier Hyatt will cost triple a top-tier Fairmont hotel.  And there are far fewer Fairmont hotels in the world."

Excluding Fairmonts like the Plaza and Savoy which aren't generally redeemable with certs anyway the average rate at a Fairmont is $200-$400.  At a Park Hyatt rates can go from $300-$1,200.

That's as far as cash rates.  As far as point rates it's true that Fairmont can be double or triple Hyatt.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:17:45 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »
isn't the fairmont kea lani $500

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »
isn't the fairmont kea lani $500

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
40% off of that with advance purchase.  I tried random dates in October and November and it's $299 with the advance purchase rate.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
why would you think otherwise?  It does say fairmont hotels...

only because u asked :

b4 the official launch of the card-they put on the internet in error a c.c. application ( took it down same day ) -- wanted to learn more --when called, main operation in canada  to get info was told will be good for all divisions t/4 since got it straight from the horses mouth --"I  BELIEVED THEM" --any more questions?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
only because u asked :

b4 the official launch of the card-they put on the internet in error a c.c. application ( took it down same day ) -- wanted to learn more --when called, main operation in canada  to get info was told will be good for all divisions t/4 since got it straight from the horses mouth --"I  BELIEVED THEM" --any more questions?
just one. Don't you know never believe phone reps? :P

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 10:38:53 AM »
just one. Don't you know never believe phone reps? :P
DROPR (Don't rely on phone reps!)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:55 AM »
citi ba nuf said :P (DROPR and crazies lol)

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »

she was/is  the head of credit card operations for fairmont  -- i know about cc reps-- no need to to tell me -i have plenty of experience with them  --only a few are sharp and aware  and that is good for us many times

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
Are the 2 free Fairmont nights transferable?

How are these credited to your account?

And where are some nice places to redeem the free nights?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
there appears to be a version without the annual fee now. I didn't apply for the card before because of the annual fee, but now that it is waived, this one goes on the list...

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F5RS&CELL=6RN2&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »
there appears to be a version without the annual fee now. I didn't apply for the card before because of the annual fee, but now that it is waived, this one goes on the list...

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F5RS&CELL=6RN2&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

The link doesn't show information about a waived annual fee.  Hope this is the case and Chase will retroactively credit me back the fee. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2013, 02:22:01 PM »
Good deal, just remember that if you are trying to get top-tier hotels like the Plaza NYC or Savoy London that you typically need to book ~10 months out due to capacity controls there.

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »
The link doesn't show information about a waived annual fee.  Hope this is the case and Chase will retroactively credit me back the fee.
It sure does. Click on the Pricing and Terms link...

How much do one of these nights go for?

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »
i guess that depends what you want to use it for. just heed Dan's advice as to the really pricey hotels...

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »
I reserved four nights at the Fairmount Kea Lani using free nights from the credit card.  The Fairmont program definitely has some interesting rules. 

First, they mailed me physical certificates which I will need to bring with me and present at check-in.  They could see that I have free nights earned on my account, so I don't know why I actually have to present the certificate. 

Second, they told me the room rate for each night of my stay was $700, and that if I fail to cancel the free night reservation 21 days in advance of the free night, I will have to pay a one-night charge ($700).  I know SPG has similar rules about a cash charge for no-shows on award stays, but this seems excessive at 21 days.  Oh, yeah, if I accidentally forget to bring the certificate on my vacation (or lose it), I'm out of luck and will need to be pay the $700 for the first night if its within 21 days. 

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »
I reserved four nights at the Fairmount Kea Lani using free nights from the credit card.  The Fairmont program definitely has some interesting rules. 

First, they mailed me physical certificates which I will need to bring with me and present at check-in.  They could see that I have free nights earned on my account, so I don't know why I actually have to present the certificate. 

Second, they told me the room rate for each night of my stay was $700, and that if I fail to cancel the free night reservation 21 days in advance of the free night, I will have to pay a one-night charge ($700).  I know SPG has similar rules about a cash charge for no-shows on award stays, but this seems excessive at 21 days.  Oh, yeah, if I accidentally forget to bring the certificate on my vacation (or lose it), I'm out of luck and will need to be pay the $700 for the first night if its within 21 days. 
IME at 3 different Fairmont's you don't actually need the certs and they can look it up. But could be different if you're not elite, or this location is just weird.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
IME at 3 different Fairmont's you don't actually need the certs and they can look it up. But could be different if you're not elite, or this location is just weird.
I think CC certs are different than Platinum e-certs.

Offline mow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »
Just applied today and ordered it rushed
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the free certs as I want to go to sf for 3 free nights in a month . Do you thing I have a shot ? And is this card churn able any experience ( I know it's fairly new )

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Hope you checked blackout dates and availability.