Author Topic: Wanna design a product in China  (Read 1112 times)

Offline trying123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Wanna design a product in China
« on: April 20, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
I'm interested in designing a toy model it to a unique design and manufacturing it in China where do I start to whom do I talk

Offline trying123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna design a product in China
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
Did I post this under the right thread or maybe it belongs under general discussion
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:26:40 PM by trying123 »

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna design a product in China
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:35:25 AM »
I would contact someone located in china that knows how to interact with the locals*, and knows the places which haven't been exploited yet, where cheap production is still available, and they won't pile upon you a huge minimum to order.

*even if they do understand english, they have different assumptions then you do.

If it has to be of superior quality and/or if its something complex, you might want to get the specs sorted out in europe/usa by a proffessional first.

A point to consider is also how to get people to buy it (unless iy"H they become the latest rage).
The internet might seem like THE solution, but remember that even if you invented the best product, if its a new thing that people never heard of, they won't be searching for it on the net, so you need to get it marketed properly.