I'm trying to summarize success stories mentioned in this thread.
It never hurts to ask - retention is a big YMMV. If you don't like the offer given to you when you call for retention, ask for a better one. Scan through the thread (use the search bar - reading through 130+ pages of posts can be time consuming) to see what others have been offered. Please post what you've got if its better then whats in the WIKICiti:
Retention: $95 Statement credit after 5 transactions (no minimum...) in the next 3 months09/17/2014 $95 refunded no need to make any transactions + 1000 Bonus Points per month for 16 months if made purchases of $1000+Chase:
- Call CS and ask to be transferred to retention.
Retention: 10k UR after 5k spend
• UA (Club)
Retention: $150 account credit
• UA (Presidential)
Retention: $100 account credit
Retention: 9k Avios for spending $1500 in 3 monthsBarclay's:
Retention: Waived by SMing
Retention: 5K miles, for keeping the card open randomly.
AF waived, HUCA
AF waivedAmerican Express
• Business gold $100 statement credit no spend required.
• Delta Skymiles - 12.5k Delta miles for paying the annual fee (no extra spending required)
• Business Gold 15,000 MR no spend
• SPG personal - 7K - no spend required.Retention contact numbers:
Amex: 800-452-3945; 800-444-2568
Barclays: 18664084064 (credit dept)
Click on link to get backdoor numbers for most banks:http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066