Topic Wiki

A very useful app loungebuddy.com

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Main_Page

Lounges with Kosher food: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10590.0
« Last edited by Novo on August 19, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »

Author Topic: Airport Lounges  (Read 146354 times)

levi

Re: airport lounges
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:17:37 PM »
The other option is of course to hang out at the front the the lounge and bum an entry!

I often will guest in total strangers-no skin off my back!

you might find one nice guy here and there to guest you in but most people hate being asked

levi

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
as far as swiping the card they are very strict on that but as far as flying on the airline whose lounge you wish to enter they never asked me once for a boarding pass or any flight info I just give them the card and my ID

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:32 PM »
as far as swiping the card they are very strict on that but as far as flying on the airline whose lounge you wish to enter they never asked me once for a boarding pass or any flight info I just give them the card and my ID
Weird, when I was using my AMEX Plat for Continental President's club access they would always ask for my boarding pass!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

levi

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
Weird, when I was using my AMEX Plat for Continental President's club access they would always ask for my boarding pass!
When I travel with someone that is using his Continental Presidents club membership they always ask him for his boarding pass, But in 8 months of me traveling every week using the Amex Plat they never asked me for my boarding pass

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
When I travel with someone that is using his Continental Presidents club membership they always ask him for his boarding pass, But in 8 months of me traveling every week using the Amex Plat they never asked me for my boarding pass
???
That's totally and completely bizarre, I have never ever been asked for a BP with my PC membership., and was always asked for my BP with the AMEX Plat. 
Why would they ask for a BP with a PC membership if it's not required?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yitzter

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
Which Credit cards can you get in with, only the amex plat?
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »
Is it hard to get accepted to the amex plat?
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline ash

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »
i think you gotta pay a lot of money as a annual fee

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 06:06:29 PM »
yea about 450, something like that. Is that the only CC that can get you into the lounges?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »
i think you gotta pay a lot of money as a annual fee
Not if you got it for negative ~$1000 last year!

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »
Dan, your crazy. :-)

levi

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
yea about 450, something like that. Is that the only CC that can get you into the lounges?
The is a card from chse called the Presidential Plus card and that gets you into the continental clubs as well, It also gives you Avis presidents club status and some other elite status

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »
The is a card from chse called the Presidential Plus card and that gets you into the continental clubs as well, It also gives you Avis presidents club status and some other elite status

Whats the annual fee?

levi

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
Whats the annual fee?
$375 although they have a promo now $75 off, they used to have a additional promo 5000 EQM"s + the $75 off could be you can still get it I think it was targeted though

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
$375 although they have a promo now $75 off, they used to have a additional promo 5000 EQM"s + the $75 off could be you can still get it I think it was targeted though

Nice, I think I am going to go for it. It's basically the same as the amex plat, right?