Topic Wiki

Reading alot of the app-o-rama proposals can be really challenging. This seems to be a good concise method. Just copy and paste:

Chase:
Bold: Approved
SP Visa: Pending
UA Personal: Approved

Amex:
Platinum Card (Mercedes): Approved
Business Gold: Approved

Citi:
CitiBusiness AAdvantage: Approved

Barclay:
Lufthansa: Pending
« Last edited by ayman on November 27, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »

Author Topic: My next app-o-rama...  (Read 541715 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
My next app-o-rama...
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »
It's been over six months (IIRC) since I've last applied for a CC, I'm having serious withdrawal. While the CC scene has been slower than last year IMHO (one of the reasons I've been less active on DDF, but that I'll leave for another thread/day...), and Chase has been pursuing A/A more aggressively, I feel like I should go for another round of apps. Here's what I'm thinking:

It's been over 4 months since my Amex shutdown, so I'd like to try applying again. I'm thinking of a 2BM, for a regular Plat and MB Plat, and maybe add an SPG. Do you guys think that would be overkill (esp. considering my recent F/R)?

I've got 8 active cards with Chase, and I'd like to go for a few more... Do you guys think I'm pushing it with Chase (i.e. risking A/A) even though I haven't applied with them in over six months ? Should I close some cards? If yes, should I move the CLs to existing cards or not? I'm afraid I'll get denied if I have 8 cards open when applying, even if I offer to close a few. Last time I applied (2BM for 2x50k SW), I had to jump through hoops to get those apps approved (first time I did that same 2BM I got denied), what do y'all think?

I haven't applied for AA cards in a while, so I'm thinking of doing 2-3 Citi AA 50k offers in a 2/3BM, what do you guys think about that?

Throw in a few BofA apps (and maybe a Barclays one too, if I find something worthy), and I think I've got my fix for another few months, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, comments, tips, opinions and any other advice you share.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:03:20 PM by Dan »
PGF24BMGS

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
How many cards total?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
It's been over 4 months since my Amex shutdown, so I'd like to try applying again. I'm thinking of a 2BM, for a regular Plat and MB Plat, and maybe add an SPG. Do you guys think that would be overkill (esp. considering my recent F/R)?

I think 3 is pushing it a bit, but i would def go for a 2bm. ( i think amex is pretty good with instant approvals but ymmv.)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
How many cards total?

As few a 4 and as many as 11, depending on feedback I get, and how I feel about it at the time I'm applying.
PGF24BMGS

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »
As few a 4 and as many as 11, depending on feedback I get, and how I feel about it at the time I'm applying.
I don't think it will hurt you to apply for more AMEX cards. If they approve you great and if not not. Same with citi. I'd Be a little more nervous about chase because approval could lead to closure.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
I have really wanted to apply for some new chase cards but scared stiff since my AA

Offline Side incomer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
Def. would not push with Chase after having open 8 cards.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
Imo chase is a no no after having 8 cards with them i wouldn't apply with them. but why not try aa or bofa?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
I have really wanted to apply for some new chase cards but scared stiff since my AA
Def. would not push with Chase after having open 8 cards.
Imo chase is a no no after having 8 cards with them i wouldn't apply with them. but why not try aa or bofa?

So what are you guys saying? Don't apply with Chase ever again? Apply again, in a while? Close some (2-3) cards now, then apply again after 30 days? If the latter, should I retain the CLs ($10k+ overall), or not?
PGF24BMGS

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
So what are you guys saying? Don't apply with Chase ever again? Apply again, in a while? Close some (2-3) cards now, then apply again after 30 days? If the latter, should I retain the CLs ($10k+ overall), or not?
I think you can apply for chase. Just don't over do it. Close some cards down to get new ones approved
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »
Funny because I kept going to 10 currently active.

I think you'll be fine opening 2 more and shmoozing recon into closing 2 unwanted cards for the new ones.  The real question is do you want to do that before trying to get back into AMEX so that if you have a backup if the worst happens?

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
Funny because I kept going to 10 currently active.

I think you'll be fine opening 2 more and shmoozing recon into closing 2 unwanted cards for the new ones.  The real question is do you want to do that before trying to get back into AMEX so that if you have a backup if the worst happens?
+1
Hard chances t get approved with AA, after seeing 8 cards "closed by issuer"
"והיה המחנה הנשאר לפליטה"
From what I've seen, Chase considers closed accounts as active ones, as long as they stay on your online summary (which should be 60 or 90 days, not sure), so I would def. wait till they fall off, before applying for new ones.
When my wife got AA'd, she only had 4 active cards, but on the letter she got, they insisted closing 7 accounts, which were the 3 cards, that were recently closed, and Chase considered them active.
I've fished this out also from the AA thread, that for some people after they open their cards after apeal, they got back all the cards they closed within a period of time.
So, closing, and right away reapllying wouldn't help IMHO
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »
IMHO I think that doing a 2/3BM with Amex platinum's is a good idea. AFAIK (According to the DDF wiki) 2/3BM's aren't a trigger for F/R so worst case is that they just won't approve you. (Just I wouldn't necessarily apply for business charge cards because those seem to be a trigger, CMIIW)
As far as chase, I would personally hold off until there are clearer data points as to what causes the AA's. Right now there is a ton of speculation but nothing definitive. (But I was once AA'd which may be why i'm a bit paranoid)
maybe for this churn stick with Barclays/citi/amex. Even without chase I think you'll have a fun and fruitful AOR  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:44:18 PM by Yellow »

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
If you apply with Chase, right after you apply, call recon and try to move over credit from an existing card, if you don't you may get approved for more credit, which these days isn't such a good thing. I did this, I applied, called the next day recon, I right away asked if they could move over credit, and they did.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 10:45:21 PM »
is AA 50K still available?