Topic Wiki

Reading alot of the app-o-rama proposals can be really challenging. This seems to be a good concise method. Just copy and paste:

Chase:
Bold: Approved
SP Visa: Pending
UA Personal: Approved

Amex:
Platinum Card (Mercedes): Approved
Business Gold: Approved

Citi:
CitiBusiness AAdvantage: Approved

Barclay:
Lufthansa: Pending
« Last edited by ayman on November 27, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »

Author Topic: My next app-o-rama...  (Read 543500 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
I'd say the latter. It just seems like skating on thin ice in the current environment and not worth the risk. To be sure, I'm not saying you can never sign up for another Chase card. Nor am I saying that if you do, you'll get A/A'd (what do I know?). All I am saying is that if you absolutely have to satiate the credit card application bug (which I certainly understand as I'm getting ready for my own AOR), I'd definitely, definitely stay the heck away from 11 new card applications.

You're telling me a lot of what not to do, what would you (or anyone else who wants to comment for that matter) do if you were in my shoes? Thanks all for your feedback.
PGF24BMGS

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
A new FFN does nothing for Citi.

Thanks.
Can someone help me with a new question?
Last time I did the Citi Visa AA, both personal and business. Is it only hard to churn the exact card (Visa) or even to apply for the Citi Amex AA is tough?
If it's okay to apply for the Citi Amex AA, should I use a new FF number?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:01:25 PM by ae123 »

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
So if I want to stay with Chase no more churning for me ever? How long should I wait, or does that depend on how Chase A/A policies play out (i.e. see if it gets better/worse)?
Are you sure you need all 8 cards with them?

Offline AJK

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 05:24:04 PM »
Thanks.
Can someone help me with a new question?
Last time I did the Citi Visa AA, both personal and business. Is it only hard to churn the exact card (Visa) or even to apply for the Citi Amex AA is tough?
If it's okay to apply for the Citi Amex AA, should I use a new FF number?

Really not for this thread, but if you don't get the Visa and AmEx at the same time, it's a no go.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 05:45:54 PM »
You're telling me a lot of what not to do, what would you (or anyone else who wants to comment for that matter) do if you were in my shoes? Thanks all for your feedback.
MHO is, leave amex alone. chances, you'll be approved, after the big fry you had is pretty slim. especially if doing it after apping Chase as they'll see your inq's.
so even if it won't necessarily hurt you but you'll probably not get anywhere.

what I WOULD DO in you sit is secure myself on Chase.
close down a card two. wait 30/60 and start apping Chase again
we all wish you וכל היועץ עלינו עצה טובה תוקם....

PLEEEASE be successful.
I'm just say'inę«

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »
Really not for this thread, but if you don't get the Visa and AmEx at the same time, it's a no go.

I think you misunderstood my question.
I asked it (as per your advice  :D ) on a different thread. I explained my question clearer there.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10923.msg221488#msg221488
If you get a chance, I'd appreciate if you - or anyone else knowledgeable - could answer.
Thanks.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »
I think you misunderstood my question.
I asked it (as per your advice  :D ) on a different thread. I explained my question clearer there.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10923.msg221488#msg221488
If you get a chance, I'd appreciate if you - or anyone else knowledgeable - could answer.
Thanks.

I didn't misunderstand, but perhaps I could have been clearer.

If, at the time of original application, you do not get both the Visa and AmEx Citi cards, you cannot then (within a certain period of time which some say is 18-24 mos) get the one for which you did not apply, as Citi does not view them as separate products. That rule, however, does not apply to personal and business cards, as those are viewed as distinct products. Hope that explains it.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »

If, at the time of original application, you do not get both the Visa and AmEx Citi cards, you cannot then (within a certain period of time which some say is 18-24 mos) get the one for which you did not apply, as Citi does not view them as separate products. That rule, however, does not apply to personal and business cards, as those are viewed as distinct products. Hope that explains it.
To elaborate on that:
you can do a 2BM now with the citi visa and amex. Then in 2 months apply again but for the business card. Since they are two different products you will not get denied for being a previous cardholder (but you may have to prove your business)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »

Well, fortunately or unfortunately, I do not have 8 active Chase cards, but if I were in your position, this is what I'd do:

I would not apply for a Chase card, or any other card for that matter, while having 8 active Chase cards in light of the current environment. There is no doubt IMO that Chase has become more aggressive in the last several weeks regarding A/A.

Now, Dan has mentioned he has 10 active Chase cards, and AFAIK he hasn't had any problems, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule. Perhaps it's my (somewhat) risk-averse personality, but I would, at the very least, reduce the number of Chase accounts while not necessarily reducing the total amount of credit extended. Yes, some might say that is six of one, half a dozen of the other (as for credit purposes, their exposure is still the same), but I personally believe having an excess number of active accounts will certainly catch some attention during a soft- or hard-review (most of it unwanted).

After closing some accounts to get to a more inconspicuous number, I'd still wait a couple of months before applying as some have reported that even those accounts which were closed were being reported as open by Chase when they received their A/A correspondence. Therefore, I'd give those closed accounts a chance to "fall off" their system (if, in fact, they ever will).

You can do the above, or simply wait in the hopes that the innernets can shed some light on Chase's A/A methodology. I'd consider either.

...or if you love risk, just pull the trigger and see what happens, though if I were you, I wouldn't.

In any case, good luck.
/.02
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:52:55 PM by AJK »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »
To elaborate on that:
you can do a 2BM now with the citi visa and amex. Then in 2 months apply again but for the business card. Since they are two different products you will not get denied for being a previous cardholder (but you may have to prove your business)

Actually, he can't.

He applied for a business and a personal (Visa) four months ago.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
Actually, he can't.

He applied for a business and a personal (Visa) four months ago.

Correct. Thanks, guys, for clarifying.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »

So, since I had the Citi Visa AAdvantage Personal and Citi Visa AAdvantage Business, I now would not be able to get Citi Amex AAdvantage at all, both personal and business?  :(

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
I wouldn't say it's impossible. But I don't think it'd be worth trying after 4 months. As I said earlier, Citi does not allow churning within a certain period of time. I believe the consensus is 18-24 months, though some have likely done it sooner.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »
Thank you.
I guess I'll have to try with cards that have Thank You points sign-up bonuses.
Any other options with Citi?

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »
If I was doing it for sign up bonuses I would apply for one card (two max) from each CC issuer. This would not give maximum benefit but it still would be a nice haul. I would hope for instant approvals with no need to call.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"