Topic Wiki

Reading alot of the app-o-rama proposals can be really challenging. This seems to be a good concise method. Just copy and paste:

Chase:
Bold: Approved
SP Visa: Pending
UA Personal: Approved

Amex:
Platinum Card (Mercedes): Approved
Business Gold: Approved

Citi:
CitiBusiness AAdvantage: Approved

Barclay:
Lufthansa: Pending
« Last edited by ayman on November 27, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »

Author Topic: My next app-o-rama...  (Read 516690 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:28 AM »
Are you sure you need all 8 cards with them?

I can close some, what do you suggest?

Really not for this thread.

+100, ae123, please don't hijack my thread.

MHO is, leave amex alone. chances, you'll be approved, after the big fry you had is pretty slim. especially if doing it after apping Chase as they'll see your inq's.
so even if it won't necessarily hurt you but you'll probably not get anywhere.

what I WOULD DO in you sit is secure myself on Chase.
close down a card two. wait 30/60 and start apping Chase again
we all wish you וכל היועץ עלינו עצה טובה תוקם....

PLEEEASE be successful.

Thanks for your feedback/opinion.
Well, fortunately or unfortunately, I do not have 8 active Chase cards, but if I were in your position, this is what I'd do:

I would not apply for a Chase card, or any other card for that matter, while having 8 active Chase cards in light of the current environment. There is no doubt IMO that Chase has become more aggressive in the last several weeks regarding A/A.

Now, Dan has mentioned he has 10 active Chase cards, and AFAIK he hasn't had any problems, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule. Perhaps it's my (somewhat) risk-averse personality, but I would, at the very least, reduce the number of Chase accounts while not necessarily reducing the total amount of credit extended. Yes, some might say that is six of one, half a dozen of the other (as for credit purposes, their exposure is still the same), but I personally believe having an excess number of active accounts will certainly catch some attention during a soft- or hard-review (most of it unwanted).

After closing some accounts to get to a more inconspicuous number, I'd still wait a couple of months before applying as some have reported that even those accounts which were closed were being reported as open by Chase when they received their A/A correspondence. Therefore, I'd give those closed accounts a chance to "fall off" their system (if, in fact, they ever will).

You can do the above, or simply wait in the hopes that the innernets can shed some light on Chase's A/A methodology. I'd consider either.

...or if you love risk, just pull the trigger and see what happens, though if I were you, I wouldn't.

In any case, good luck.
/.02

Thank you for the detailed (verbose :P) response. Seems similar to what creditor is suggested, and you make some compelling points which I'll consider. At times I'm a risk junkie, but that hasn't always worked out for me, I guess I need a dose of my own advice now:

Slow and steady is the way to go in this game

If I was doing it for sign up bonuses I would apply for one card (two max) from each CC issuer. This would not give maximum benefit but it still would be a nice haul. I would hope for instant approvals with no need to call.

Thanks for your advice, I'll be sure to hope, though instant approval is in all likelihood a longshot, freezing and all :P

Once again, thanks all for your thoughts, you guys are really forcing me to think this one through.
PGF24BMGS

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »
Some of the offers will get better and some will get worse. No need to go all out right now. Unlike cash back thinking, bonus churning I would guess should look at the long term picture.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 01:29:11 AM »
Keep in mind that if Chase is closing accounts based off of what they find on soft pulls, it negates the benefits of an AOR, since they may shut you down after a month anyhow if a soft pull convinces them.

I still do AOR's as detailed in this thread, http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12170.0, but I don't feel great about my AA chances. I'm hoping that since I have around 5 accounts with Chase and my total CL isn't so high with them, that I'll slip under the radar.

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
+100, ae123, please don't hijack my thread.

Sorry. I tried bringing it over to another thread, as you can see above. Perhaps a moderator can bring the posts over to that thread.

Online good sam

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
AsherO, keep us posted.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
AsherO, keep us posted.

I was hoping for some feedback from others on here who haven't weighed in yet. I'm not doing anything in the near future, but if I have any news, I'll keep you posted.
PGF24BMGS

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
BTW am I seeing right ? you have 8 accts with Chase and only 10k cl ?

the CLs ($10k+ overall),
I'm just say'inę«

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 01:41:34 AM »
BTW am I seeing right ? you have 8 accts with Chase and only 10k cl ?

$10k for the 2-3 cards I'd close...
PGF24BMGS

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »
$10k for the 2-3 cards I'd close...
aha. so that might be another reason to just close down some Chase cards with its CL.
it seems that one of the aa triggers is a too high CL.
and I doubt it you'll loose anything from not retaining the CL, as far as leverage. you probably have enough of a CL to leverage from [let me guess 50k+]
keep us posted
I'm just say'inę«

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
aha. so that might be another reason to just close down some Chase cards with its CL.
it seems that one of the aa triggers is a too high CL.

That was what I was asking, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

and I doubt it you'll loose anything from not retaining the CL, as far as leverage. you probably have enough of a CL to leverage from [let me guess 50k+]

Some of my cards have very low CL (read:not much leverage) and some I wouldn't be willing to close or transfer as I use those for spending and I want to keep my utilization under control (so I gotta maintain a CL of at least 2-3x my monthly spend).
PGF24BMGS

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
I'm looking for some opinions on what cc's to apply for, for a friend. They would like to fly their family from Israel to the US in the summer for a wedding. I figured the best way is to get as many signup bonuses as possible and to sell. (They could borrow the money until all points are sold).

His: Exp score (from credit sesame) is 800.
Current cards are; chase slate for 10 yrs 2k CL, Amex delta opened 4/12 2.5k CL, AU on chase freedom 10+ years 26k CL.

Hers: Exp score (from credit sesame) is 778.
Current cards are; Amex opened 3/12 2.5k CL, AU on the above chase slate 10 yrs 2k CL.

Reported income $87k and spending thresholds shouldn't be a problem, they can spend up to $50k.

I figured to get for both of them; Citi AA (50k)x2 for 100k, Chase SP (40k)+ UA (55k+$50) for 95k+$50.

I was thinking about maybe making the citi a 3bm and adding the dividend for $200, and maybe throw in the barclay nfl card for another $200.

I figured they could make about $7k after everything, assuming they got approved for all the cards. What do you guys think.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »
I'm looking for some opinions on what cc's to apply for, for a friend. They would like to fly their family from Israel to the US in the summer for a wedding. I figured the best way is to get as many signup bonuses as possible and to sell. (They could borrow the money until all points are sold).

His: Exp score (from credit sesame) is 800.
Current cards are; chase slate for 10 yrs 2k CL, Amex delta opened 4/12 2.5k CL, AU on chase freedom 10+ years 26k CL.

Hers: Exp score (from credit sesame) is 778.
Current cards are; Amex opened 3/12 2.5k CL, AU on the above chase slate 10 yrs 2k CL.

Reported income $87k and spending thresholds shouldn't be a problem, they can spend up to $50k.

I figured to get for both of them; Citi AA (50k)x2 for 100k, Chase SP (40k)+ UA (55k+$50) for 95k+$50.

I was thinking about maybe making the citi a 3bm and adding the dividend for $200, and maybe throw in the barclay nfl card for another $200.

I figured they could make about $7k after everything, assuming they got approved for all the cards. What do you guys think.

Go for it, but why not add an Amex (MB?) Plat (and maybe also an SPG) for both of them?
PGF24BMGS

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 03:28:23 AM »
Can anyone just call Chase and ask them what the deal is, like how many cards are considered too much? Is there a department where they know these things that we can call and ask You do not have to give your info. I only have Slate and VS, I can call and ask in theory, how many more cards I can apply for without risking a/a. Ideas?
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2012, 05:38:07 AM »
Can anyone just call Chase and ask them what the deal is, like how many cards are considered too much? Is there a department where they know these things that we can call and ask You do not have to give your info. I only have Slate and VS, I can call and ask in theory, how many more cards I can apply for without risking a/a. Ideas?
They won't have an answer, probaby b/c there is not set rule about it. If there was, Dan (and many others here) would have been AA'd by now.

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 06:06:52 AM »
Go for it, but why not add an Amex (MB?) Plat (and maybe also an SPG) for both of them?

I thought about it, but I didn't want to start with Amex for a few diff. reasons.

The question is will chase be interested in giving her anything as the only card under her name was opened 2 months ago, the other card she has she was only an AU on although it was for about 10 years.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:12:27 AM by rd »