Topic Wiki

Reading alot of the app-o-rama proposals can be really challenging. This seems to be a good concise method. Just copy and paste:

Chase:
Bold: Approved
SP Visa: Pending
UA Personal: Approved

Amex:
Platinum Card (Mercedes): Approved
Business Gold: Approved

Citi:
CitiBusiness AAdvantage: Approved

Barclay:
Lufthansa: Pending
« Last edited by ayman on November 27, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »

Author Topic: My next app-o-rama...  (Read 532218 times)

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: My next app-o-rama...
« Reply #6255 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:24 PM »
only if you apply for it.
Haha. I also thought I would get the bonus until someone told me that I may not get because itís the same family of cards just like the sapphire so just wanted to clarify.

Offline miles lover

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
Any benefit on applying for the chase Sapphire reserve over the chase Sapphire preferred if Iím not gonna utilize he bonus categories on the reserve card ? The Preferred gets 5k extra for the authorized user. And fee waived for the first year verse the reserve which has $150 af after the credit. Am I missing anything ?

Offline GAM Z.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: November 15, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »
Any benefit on applying for the chase Sapphire reserve over the chase Sapphire preferred if Iím not gonna utilize he bonus categories on the reserve card ? The Preferred gets 5k extra for the authorized user. And fee waived for the first year verse the reserve which has $150 af after the credit. Am I missing anything ?
With the Reserve, UR points redeemed for travel are worth 1.5 as opposed to 1.25. Other than that and PriorityPass, there isn't any real differences.

Offline INTELLIGENTBLONDE

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: November 19, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
Definitely tread lightly with all the recent random shutdowns... But, regardless you should be aware of the 2apps within 30 days rule they have if you are not already familiar with it. Therefore I would probably recommend the CIP with its 80k bonus which you can most likely get matched to 100k!
Then probably a CSR, CSP, or the 70k united if you are interested in that... 30 or so days from your application date you can go ahead and apply for another 2.
Would not recommend applying for any of the freedom cards as you will likely be downgrading to them from the CSP or CSR...

how do you get CIP matched to 100k?

Offline GAM Z.

• View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: November 19, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »
how do you get CIP matched to 100k?
SM Chase, and ask to be matched. Though, that post was from awhile ago, so they might not be matching anymore.