Topic Wiki

This is the thread where you can ask any random question you have. Feel free to ask even the most basic questions that you otherwise might be embarrassed to ask. This is the thread for beginners, so veterans here will treat you nicely. Ask a beginner's Q in some other threads and no guarantee of that same treatment. ;)
People here want to help, so just have some patience, follow the tips below and hopefully someone will help you when they have a chance.

If you looking for a particular thread you once saw and can't find it, this is not the place to ask. Check out Help Me Find It and ask there.

How to ask a question in this thread:
Click the blue reply button at the top or bottom of the page, type your question, and click post!

Some helpful tips for eliciting answers from other members:
- Keep your question short and precise. No one wants to read a megillah.
- The more questions you ask in one post, the less likely any will be answered. People are willing to answer a question or two, but if you ask all the questions that apply to your particular issue, you're expecting to be spoonfed. Members don't like holding out the spoon, so ask accordingly.

If you Need Help booking Flights?
Need Help Finding a Paid Ticket
Need Help Finding a Award Ticket

« Last edited by DoreshEmes on April 11, 2019, 03:54:27 AM »

Author Topic: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!  (Read 1738468 times)

Offline Bukboy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!
« Reply #8220 on: September 07, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
how about if it's the 3rd or 4th?
Link?

Offline Bukboy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: September 07, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »
...and your question is?
UA or CX?
And i'm sure there's more and maybe/probably better options?

Offline rabshi

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: September 11, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
I'm in a siruation where siblings' credit card accounts were shut down by Chase & Citi. Since then, I can't apply for any of their cards.

Is there any thread about such issue?

If I change my address will it help? Can I have the credit agencies delete my previous addresses?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: September 11, 2017, 10:59:59 AM »
I'm in a siruation where siblings' credit card accounts were shut down by Chase & Citi. Since then, I can't apply for any of their cards.

If I change my address will it help? Can I have the credit agencies delete my previous addresses?
post this question here: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12138.5025
But Chase definitely has a habit of closing everyone connected to someone they shut down.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

Chase A/A Master Thread
Citi A/A

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: September 11, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »
How long do i have to cancel an amex online payment?

Offline Joey18

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: September 11, 2017, 06:22:09 PM »
Can u transfer a chase credit line from a personal card to a business card?

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: September 11, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
Can u transfer a chase credit line from a personal card to a business card?
no

Offline ChayaS23

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: September 11, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new to the boards and am not sure where this question should be posted... So trying my luck here. I'd appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

My question is as follows (sorry in advance if this is long-there's a lot of little details involved): I am iyh flying to Israel for Succos. I'm flying Aeroflot with a stop-over in Moscow, and going from there to Ben Gurion. My husband and I booked our tickets using points through Chase, but we accidentally booked my ticket under my married name, realizing afterwards that my passport is still under my maiden name. I immediately called Chase and spoke to a customer service supervisor, who assured me that he deals with this all the time and all he has to do is email Aeroflot requesting that they change my last name. I was told to email to him a copy of my passport, which I did along with a copy of my marriage license. A week or so passed and I did not hear from Chase, so I reached out to them again. They said it can take up to 5 days for Aeroflot to respond and the day I called was the 5th day, so if they don't hear back from them by the end of the day they'll email them again. I asked if they can call rather than email, or if they can email a higher-up at the airline, but they said the airline will only work through email and they don't have any special pull there.

I then called Aeroflot because I wanted to reserve our kosher meals, and while I had them on the phone asked them about changing the name on my ticket. They said they cannot do anything over the phone, but I can submit a request by the Feedback section of their website. I tried submitting that request multiple times on the website over the course of the next 2 weeks, but when I finally pressed Submit after answering all their questions and uploading all my documents, a message appears informing me that the page is under maintenance...

At this point, I think the best thing for me to do would be to just quickly get another passport with my married name on it. However, after seeing how difficult it is to deal with Aeroflot I am worried that after I go and change my passport they will suddenly notice my requests for a name change and change it right back to my maiden name...Honestly the ideal solution would be if I can have 2 passports, one under my maiden name and one with my married name, so that I'm covered on all ends, but I was told I cannot have 2 valid passports at the same time, and that although I will receive my old passport back together with the new one, the old one will have a hole punched in it to invalidate it.

Has anyone had such an experience, specifically with Aeroflot? What is the best way I can go about this? Should I just change my name on my passport and come to check in with both passports and my marriage license?

Thank you for reading this, looking forward to your input!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: September 12, 2017, 04:09:22 AM »
Hi all,

I'm new to the boards and am not sure where this question should be posted... So trying my luck here. I'd appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

My question is as follows (sorry in advance if this is long-there's a lot of little details involved): I am iyh flying to Israel for Succos. I'm flying Aeroflot with a stop-over in Moscow, and going from there to Ben Gurion. My husband and I booked our tickets using points through Chase, but we accidentally booked my ticket under my married name, realizing afterwards that my passport is still under my maiden name. I immediately called Chase and spoke to a customer service supervisor, who assured me that he deals with this all the time and all he has to do is email Aeroflot requesting that they change my last name. I was told to email to him a copy of my passport, which I did along with a copy of my marriage license. A week or so passed and I did not hear from Chase, so I reached out to them again. They said it can take up to 5 days for Aeroflot to respond and the day I called was the 5th day, so if they don't hear back from them by the end of the day they'll email them again. I asked if they can call rather than email, or if they can email a higher-up at the airline, but they said the airline will only work through email and they don't have any special pull there.

I then called Aeroflot because I wanted to reserve our kosher meals, and while I had them on the phone asked them about changing the name on my ticket. They said they cannot do anything over the phone, but I can submit a request by the Feedback section of their website. I tried submitting that request multiple times on the website over the course of the next 2 weeks, but when I finally pressed Submit after answering all their questions and uploading all my documents, a message appears informing me that the page is under maintenance...

At this point, I think the best thing for me to do would be to just quickly get another passport with my married name on it. However, after seeing how difficult it is to deal with Aeroflot I am worried that after I go and change my passport they will suddenly notice my requests for a name change and change it right back to my maiden name...Honestly the ideal solution would be if I can have 2 passports, one under my maiden name and one with my married name, so that I'm covered on all ends, but I was told I cannot have 2 valid passports at the same time, and that although I will receive my old passport back together with the new one, the old one will have a hole punched in it to invalidate it.

Has anyone had such an experience, specifically with Aeroflot? What is the best way I can go about this? Should I just change my name on my passport and come to check in with both passports and my marriage license?

While I don't have experience with Aeroflot, my wife has flown with a different last name on tickets and never had an issue when bringing the marriage certificate but obviously YMMV.

Offline LEIBI

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: September 12, 2017, 06:17:34 AM »
Hi
Im new hear and i would i dont know to wich topic this belongs
i want to know if the offer from Hilton American Express 100,000 Point Signup Bonus
is the points only useable for hotel or i can sell them or use for air line up grade??

thanks
leibi

Offline GAM Z.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:26 AM »
Hi
i want to know if the offer from Hilton American Express 100,000 Point Signup Bonus
is the points only useable for hotel or i can sell them or use for air line up grade??

thanks
leibi
They only work for Hilton hotels, and yes you can sell their points.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:50 AM »
Hi

thanks
leibi
For hotel stays. They technically have some value on the grey market if you sell them.

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »
is there a thread to get help from an IT?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: September 12, 2017, 12:31:15 PM »

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: September 12, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »
Hi all,

I don't have experience with aeroflot, but my wife and I flew AC to Israel last year, and the ticket was in her married name but passport was maiden. We brought the marriage certificate and had no issues. Just last month, we flew Delta, and even with a marriage certificate, we were told you cannot fly. They changed the name on the spot, and we were on out way. They claimed it's a new policy.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: September 12, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline dabest

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Is it just me or does Samsung not include "Israel" purposely?
« Reply #8238 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
I came across the language page on the Samsung website and for some reason there is not offical page for "Israel" in the "Middle East"
(But have Palestine instead)

Link: http://www.samsung.com/ca_en/smartphones/galaxy-note8/shop/?cid=ca_display_GDN_ProjectGreat_20170910

Offline JoeyShmoe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or does Samsung not include "Israel" purposely?
« Reply #8239 on: September 12, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »
I came across the language page on the Samsung website and for some reason there is not offical page for "Israel" in the "Middle East"
(But have Palestine instead)

Link: http://www.samsung.com/ca_en/smartphones/galaxy-note8/shop/?cid=ca_display_GDN_ProjectGreat_20170910
It's under Europe (same as here)
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info