Author Topic: Maror Heat  (Read 427 times)

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
Re: Maror Heat
« Reply #40 on: Today at 01:25:07 AM »
while it may be true that according to the poskim lettuce is better, most Jews nowadays are descendants from European jewry. In Europe (and Russia) it was very uncommon to find lettuce, as it doesn’t last too long without refrigeration. This led to many Jews using horseradish. As pesach is the ultimate day of following minhagim and mesorah many Jews still use (plain) horseradish. Being that the poskim say it’s better to use lettuce, this led to many doing lettuce as well. But combining the 2 together doesn’t really have a basis in Halacha because ממה נפשך, if only one is maror then you aren’t yotzei by eating it with something else, and if they both are then what are you gaining…
exactly the reason why some say to do it separately.
אין עוד מלבדו

Online shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Today at 01:30:44 AM »
Of course. Even with the lettuce we make a scene. But if there's a chance that some at your table wont eat a kzeyis then there is halachik reason to use lettuce.
just saw your edit. Yes, for that reason the women eat lettuce by us and the men eat plain chrain

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #42 on: Today at 01:38:35 AM »
Actually pretty difficult to eat a kzeyis, women, girls etc.
your telling me? Lol. It’s quite the scene at our seder
Of course. Even with the lettuce we make a scene. But if there's a chance that some at your table wont eat a kzeyis then there is halachik reason to use lettuce.
Why should it make a difference if the texture is there or not? You're not eating it to enjoy...

But I still don't know what you mean as far as having a good texture since mine is prob ground smaller  than yours (a little smaller than rice grains) since it's put into lettuce anyway. Still extremely sharp.
I don't know what will happen to texture after freezing. I think should be fine. But can't guarantee. You can try googling it, it suggests for you to freeze, so would imagine it maintains texture.
אין עוד מלבדו

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:07:05 AM »
For a good reason.
So I answered your original question
Feelings don't care about your facts