Topic Wiki

When signing up for auto insurance, make sure you know what coverage you're getting, and what your deductibles are.

Which Insurance Broker would you recommend:

5MinuteInsure.com
Moshe Fishman
Online Comparison and Purchasing Platform for Auto, Home or Bundle Insurance
Recommended by - Reb Moshe

Nationwide- Yehuda Spero
443-845-9552
speroy@nationwide.com

Insurance Depot
718-921-2300
Info@insdepot.com
Recommend by -Z56

Trumper Insurance
845-356-1899

Recommend by -Yammer

Worldwide Rental Car insurance ask Superflyer

Poll

How much liability insurance do you think is prudent?

Statutory minimum
41 (16%)
61 (23.7%)
18 (7%)
72 (28%)
37 (14.4%)
2 (0.8%)
1m
16 (6.2%)
more than 1m
10 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Author Topic: Car Insurance Master Thread  (Read 325392 times)

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Car Insurance Master Thread
« Reply #920 on: February 19, 2017, 01:06:52 AM »
If my insurance pays out a claim for an uninsured motorist, will my rates go up? After the $500 deductible, it doesn't come out to too much, so I want to know if it would be worth it. TIA

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 19, 2017, 02:42:24 AM »
If my insurance pays out a claim for an uninsured motorist, will my rates go up? After the $500 deductible, it doesn't come out to too much, so I want to know if it would be worth it. TIA
A claim paid on your insurance doesn't directly - tit for tat - raise your insurance rates.  It gets looked at along with anything else, like a cell phone or speeding ticket, and it puts you in a risk rating category. 
I think the number of instances of claims is one risk factor, and the amount paid out is another risk factor that the insurance co's look at.

But the claim would be listed in your 'driving record' for insurance purposes.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 19, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »
A claim paid on your insurance doesn't directly - tit for tat - raise your insurance rates.  It gets looked at along with anything else, like a cell phone or speeding ticket, and it puts you in a risk rating category. 
I think the number of instances of claims is one risk factor, and the amount paid out is another risk factor that the insurance co's look at.

Thanx

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 19, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »

After rethinking your response, I'm curious if I have the right reasoning. I already made a claim with my insurance and got a free estimate from them. Just accepting the payout will go on the record with all insurance companies? Or the fact that I was in a no-fault accident?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 19, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
In my car report there is the fact that I was in an accident in which no insurance company paid out. I doubt it plays much part in my current premium.  The accident in which I was not at fault, but my insurance company had to give large payout on the other hand...

Offline YSP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 21, 2017, 02:09:48 PM »

Counts against you. Uninsured motorist deductible is automatically $250 though

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 21, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
Counts against you. Uninsured motorist deductible is automatically $250 though
Mine is $500. Progressive

Offline Car Guru

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 22, 2017, 11:00:00 PM »
2 of my cars where parked by the curb one after the other. A car crossed the lane and hit the first one pushing it into the second one damaging both cars. The car causing the accident is "covered" (or more like not covered) under NJ SAIP Insurance, so they have no liability insurance. I am covered through uninsured/under-insured motorist. The thing is that the vehicle parked behind was removed from my policy because I have not been using it for a while, Is there any way to get coverage on that vehicle? Is it like borrowing a friends car or car rental that the drivers insurance is reliable and not the vehicles owner? so since I have my own policy on other vehicles should I be covered on that one too, or it has nothing to do with the previous scenario. Also, maybe vehicle two which hit vehicle three should be responsible for damage since vehicle one is not liable for damage, something along these lines....?

Offline Marko Rubio

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 20, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »
URGNT! ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

a relative of mine due to points on his license had insurance for the last 20 years on his fathers name (car as well) for the purpose to get a much cheaper rate, now he was away for a few weeks so he didnt renew his insurance on time (its a owned car), when coming back he tried to renew, but the company says that because its 3 weeks after policy was due for renewel, they cant renew it anymore, and he has to make a new policy, but the big problem is that they dont wana except him anymore cause the one insured (his father) is already too old and they dont wana give him a policy anymore, so he tried getting one for himself by 2 companies and he got a rate of about $4000 for 6 months for having points on his license and for never having insurance before.....

now my question is can he do anything about it?
any tips or tricks to make it cheaper?
or anyone here know of any insurance agent that can help out with this kind of situation?

the person is around 45 lives in NY and just needs the minimum insurance required by law
hope someone here on ddf can help out  TIA

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:01:22 PM by Marko Rubio »
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 20, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »

a relative of mine due to points on his license had insurance for the last 20 years on his fathers name (car as well) for the purpose to get a much cheaper rate, now he was away for a few weeks so he didnt renew his insurance on time (its a owned car), when coming back he tried to renew, but the company says that because its 3 weeks after policy was due for renewel, they cant renew it anymore, and he has to make a new policy, but the big problem is that they dont wana except him anymore cause the one insured (his father) is already too old and they dont wana give him a policy anymore, so he tried getting one for himself by 2 companies and he got a rate of about $4000 for 6 months for having points on his license and for never having insurance before.....

or anyone here know of any insurance agent that can help out with this kind of situation?

the person is around 45 lives in NY and just needs the minimum insurance required by law

1. Up to a month you should be able to reinstate it.

After that, Are you working through an agent? If yes if the agency claims that he received the payment but forgot to send it to the company theres a chance that they will reinstate it.

Offline Marko Rubio

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »

1. Up to a month you should be able to reinstate it.

After that, Are you working through an agent? If yes if the agency claims that he received the payment but forgot to send it to the company theres a chance that they will reinstate it.
they claim that after 3 weeks u cant reinstate it anymore
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:43:37 PM by Marko Rubio »
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #931 on: March 22, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »
im trying to get an online insurance quote and they are asking a million coverage questions. can anyone sum up the dollar amounts i need for a cheap leased car. personal. liability, etc  TIA
#TYH

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 22, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »

It shouldn't take to long to gain an insurance history. IME My first company to insure me was liberty mutual for about 225 monthly. 3 months later I was able to get Progressive for  about 125...

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:17 AM »
Sienna / financed / 2 drivers age 30-40 / Brooklyn / Clean records
Same insurance for more than a year

Im not finding anything cheaper than $220 a month. I think this is above average?  am I right? what can be influencing it?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 05, 2017, 02:07:16 AM »

Im not finding anything cheaper than $220 a month. I think this is above average?  am I right? what can be influencing it?
Talk to a broker/ agent. They'll shop around for you.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
Any one have experience with NJ skylands?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline nocknock

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 05, 2017, 10:27:09 AM »

he really shouldn't be on the road.......

If after 20 years he still has points that means he's a manic

Offline MrPrime1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 05, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »
im trying to get an online insurance quote and they are asking a million coverage questions. can anyone sum up the dollar amounts i need for a cheap leased car. personal. liability, etc  TIA

100/300

Offline MrPrime1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 05, 2017, 11:12:43 AM »

brooklyn. try geico, i also have a contact with nationwide if your interested. im paying 160/month full coverage on my 2017 jeep grand cherokee limited in brooklyn

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 09, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
I have tickets and piints on my name but wife has nothing. If I put a new car on her name and me as another driver will it be cheaper then if I am the primary?