Author Topic: united airilne infant ticket help  (Read 1243 times)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
united airilne infant ticket help
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:01:11 AM »
so i booked a few award tickets for friends coming to israel on the ua ewr-tlv flight.  they're traveling with an infant.    originally i had the reservation under one ff account, and then called to change it to a different one.     at that point it wouldn't let me book online anymore, so i had to call to get it ticketed.                             
on the phone, she said that they needed to make a separate booking code for the infant, and they noted on the main booking that she was part of the party. (ridiculous, i know, but after being on hold for an hour while she ticketed it i didn't have the patience to escalate).         anyway, i'm looking at the cc bill, and they never charged me for the infant.  also, the booking code for the infant doesn't pull up anything on ua.com.        on the main parties booking code, it does show the lap infant.   

my question is if there's any need to call back and waste another hour of my life dealing with the ignorant/incompetent reps at ua to pay for the infant?  or if i could just leave it as is and they'll charge them at the airport?  is it possible that at the airport they'll have to pay more bec ticket prices will be more expensive the day of the flight?           

thanks

Offline yare

• View Profile
Re: united airilne infant ticket help
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
so i booked a few award tickets for friends coming to israel on the ua ewr-tlv flight.  they're traveling with an infant.    originally i had the reservation under one ff account, and then called to change it to a different one.     at that point it wouldn't let me book online anymore, so i had to call to get it ticketed.                             
on the phone, she said that they needed to make a separate booking code for the infant, and they noted on the main booking that she was part of the party. (ridiculous, i know, but after being on hold for an hour while she ticketed it i didn't have the patience to escalate).         anyway, i'm looking at the cc bill, and they never charged me for the infant.  also, the booking code for the infant doesn't pull up anything on ua.com.        on the main parties booking code, it does show the lap infant.   

my question is if there's any need to call back and waste another hour of my life dealing with the ignorant/incompetent reps at ua to pay for the infant?  or if i could just leave it as is and they'll charge them at the airport?  is it possible that at the airport they'll have to pay more bec ticket prices will be more expensive the day of the flight?           

thanks

somebody?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yare

• View Profile

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
Re: united airilne infant ticket help
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
i had a similar issue- they will bill you only once they actually issue a boarding pass for the infant at the airport. A lap child is booked as a open ticket so it only gets charged once you use the ticket.
This is what append to me, at least...