Topic Wiki

Ok so my rule of determining the level of difficulty in data recovery is really 2 questions.
#1 -  is it making any noise
#2 -  is it detected in the bios if you connect it directly to the mobo

If the answer to #1 is yes - then if you want any hopes of recovering the data do not attempt to continue powering it on. It can be making noise because the heads are broken or bent and if that's the case you will scrape the platters and kill the drive beyond any hope of recovery. (data recovery isn't like the way they show it in the movies you cannot actually remove a platter and recover any data off it) And please do not attempt the Freezer Trick - it doesn't work on current drives anymore and actually introduces condensation in the drive that can kill the platters.
If its detected in the bios we can try a couple of things - and i can usually recover the data for about $250 - $799 - over 50% of the time its about $300.

DH Data Recovery

« Last edited by etech0 on November 08, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Data Recovery - Any Questions?

(1/208) > >>

DH Data Recovery:
Hi I just wanted to start a conversation for anyonme that may have data recovery questions or concerns I will do my best to advise you.
David
DH Data Recovery

momo:
Free advertising anyone?

DH Data Recovery:
Free Advice actually! This is a very critical issue right now as hard drive die very frequently

robi:
Ok, I have a hard drive with 500gb on it, when I access it, it only shows a couple of files, but when I look at the available memory, it shows almost nothing. Where are my files?

PlatinumGuy:

--- Quote from: robi on July 24, 2012, 11:15:57 PM ---Ok, I have a hard drive with 500gb on it, when I access it, it only shows a couple of files, but when I look at the available memory, it shows almost nothing. Where are my files?

--- End quote ---
Happend on my iPad as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version