Author Topic: delta disaster  (Read 1366 times)

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
delta disaster
« on: July 31, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »
I was scheduled to fly dl ord-tlv via jfk yesterday the ord flight was due to depart @ 3pm.De to a mechanical isuue was delayed .  As i saw we were missing our connection, I asked them to put me on UA via EWR (6: 30 ord/ 10:50 ewr)
sent me across the airport via underground passageway (about a 15 min walk with wife and kid) i get there and UA agent says they see a res. but the dl agent ticketed i wrong so they spend about 10 min on phone and the dl agent says i need to come back to fix it all this at 630pm.
 Soeventually i get on my original flight and arrive @ jfk around 1130pm and now need to fight with them to give seats on tonights flight bec. they wanted me to wait till i get to the gate tonight to get stuck with some middle seats eventually they give some lousy seats in row 27 whuich has ec sticking into ur face.
they also gave 2 $50 =non tranferable vouchers which are worthless, as i dont plan on flying dl again tthey also refused to upgrade us both on the phone and at the gate or @the club. they all said dl doesnt do that
so goodby dl

Offline Mordy788

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: delta disaster
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
I was scheduled to fly dl ord-tlv via jfk yesterday the ord flight was due to depart @ 3pm.De to a mechanical isuue was delayed .  As i saw we were missing our connection, I asked them to put me on UA via EWR (6: 30 ord/ 10:50 ewr)
sent me across the airport via underground passageway (about a 15 min walk with wife and kid) i get there and UA agent says they see a res. but the dl agent ticketed i wrong so they spend about 10 min on phone and the dl agent says i need to come back to fix it all this at 630pm.
 Soeventually i get on my original flight and arrive @ jfk around 1130pm and now need to fight with them to give seats on tonights flight bec. they wanted me to wait till i get to the gate tonight to get stuck with some middle seats eventually they give some lousy seats in row 27 whuich has ec sticking into ur face.
they also gave 2 $50 =non tranferable vouchers which are worthless, as i dont plan on flying dl again tthey also refused to upgrade us both on the phone and at the gate or @the club. they all said dl doesnt do that
so goodby dl

Sorry to hear you had such a rough experience. If you do not feel that the $50 voucher is satisfactory you should send Delta an email explaining in as much detail as possible what happened. You can also send a tweet to @deltaassist, they are really good at responding quickly to any questions.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
delta disaster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »
Crazy story!!!

If you do not feel that the $50 voucher is satisfactory

Of course it's not! That's nuts
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
With United its 10* worse.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »
Wow. That sounds like an awful flight experience. Never fun. Especially with kids.  I recently had one of those with United/Lufthansa.

All airlines will have bad experiences. It's not a reason to stop flying them. And you should definitely ask for more in compensation.

I didn't with my bad experience because they never took out the miles for my FC flight from ORD-TLV. I didn't want to bring it to anyone's attention.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
With United its 10* worse.
+1
U should push for some normal compensation