Author Topic: aa citi businesss membership fee  (Read 1392 times)

Offline chaimmoish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
aa citi businesss membership fee
« on: March 22, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Dear Dan
The Bank wanna charge me $75 first year membership fee for the citi business aa card. Could you provide me with a link to a webpage that clearly says the first year is free. thanks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: aa citi businesss membership fee
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »
Dear chaimmoish,

Go to Dansdeals.com, click on "credit cards" on those little tabs on top of the dansdeals banner, click on the AA business card, go down and click on terms and conditions, notice where it says annual fee: $0 for the first 12 months.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:08:47 AM »
Dear Dan
The Bank wanna charge me $75 first year membership fee for the Citi business aa card. Could you provide me with a link to a webpage that clearly says the first year is free. thanks.

The place Dan sent you to is good Only if you havent already applied for the CC. If you already applied and did so using a link that didnt indicate it was free for the 1st yr, then Citi most likely will want you to pay it.

All Banks can trace the app you used when you applied for it, so printing out a screen shot that indicates there isnt a fee, generally (YMMV) will work only if in fact you originally applied using an app that didnt require a 1st yr fee

If you havent applied as yet then use Dans link so that you wont have to pay for the 1st yr

assuming you already applied and used an app w/o the 1st yr waviered, generally you will be SOL.No different then if you applied for the new Amex Gold and used a link for 10k in pts, it wont matter that afterwards you found a 15 or 25 or 50k app. they wont give you anything more then what the app you used called for, however with alot of things YMMV as exceptions are made time to time
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:10:50 AM by ChaimB »

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »
Uh, comparing Citi with Amex ... I don't know about that.
Fact is, a similar thing happened with me, (I was charged $85 for an application which was DEFINITELY fee-free first year,) and when I called, the rep told me (for whatever she is worth) that they have no way of tracing applications unless it was solicited.