Topic Wiki

Starwood points are the highest mileage currency out there. With being able to stay at the Dead Sea for only 3000 points during a week day and only 2000 points on a Friday night they are really awesome. They also have ability to transfer to over 25 different airlines at a 1:1 ratio, but every 20,000 your transfer you get 25,000 (an extra 5,000 for every 20,000 you transfer). Some transfers both names need to match and some only last names. The best is when you can transfer to a different person completely too really make your miles flexible. Also a big problem with these points is that it could take a long time to transfer. So below, we will try to make a chart of, do the names need to match and how long the transfers take.

DATA:

SPG - Transferring from SPG account to another requires the same mailing address on both accounts for at least 30 days. (i.e. this works for spouses). Takes about 5-10 days to transfer.

Aegean -

Aeromexico Club Premier -

Aeroplan - Names don't need to match. - Usually takes about a day and half to 2 days to transfer.

Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan - First and Last names need to match. - Takes two business days.

Alitalia MilleMiglia -

American Airlines - Only last name needs to match. - Transfer usually takes a day. Sometime can take 2 days if you transfer it late in the day.   

Asia Miles

China Eastern

Delta - Transfers post 2 days later - If First and last names dont match then transfer wont go through (Not sure if different first name and same last name works)

Emirates Skywards

Etihad Airways - Last names need to match. Takes about a week to transfer.

Flying Blue- Requested Wednesday, transfer completed following Tuesday (names matched)

JAL - Both names need to match. Can take upto 3 weeks to transfer.

Korean -

LAN Airlines -

Miles and More/LH/Lufthansa - It's been taking forever recently 3-4 days
Last name matching will go through (even if first name doesn't).

Singapore Airlines -

United Airlines -

US Airways - Names don't need to match. - Most transfers go through the next day. Some might take an extra day.

Virgin Atlantic -

Virgin America -

Virgin Australia -

DansDeals Forum > Up In The Air

Starwood Starpoints Transfer To Airline Miles Master Thread

<< < (42/172) > >>

Side incomer:

--- Quote from: trying123 on February 06, 2012, 10:08:31 AM ---How long does it take from doing a transfer till u actually see ur transferred points in ur aa account?

--- End quote ---
Search DDF. Google it. believe me it's much faster than waiting for a response.

Typically 3-14 days.

trying123:

--- Quote from: Side incomer on February 06, 2012, 10:32:26 AM ---Search DDF. Google it. believe me it's much faster than waiting for a response.

Typically 3-14 days.

--- End quote ---
  btw I did try research but on Google I don't trust the answer and on ddf I tried and didn't come up with an answer but thanks any way

WhyAich:
Can you and Is it legal (or if not is it pretty safe) to add someone as an authorized user onto your Starwoods account and then transfer the points to his e.g. Lufthansa miles account?

Thanks

AsherO:

--- Quote from: WhyAich on February 07, 2012, 09:13:39 AM ---Can you and Is it legal (or if not is it pretty safe) to add someone as an authorized user onto your Starwoods account and then transfer the points to his e.g. Lufthansa miles account?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

If LH requires name matches (which I think they do), you need to create a new SPG acct with the second name, at the same address as the first SPG acct, wait 30 days, then transfer SPG > SPG. Then you'll have SPG > LH with matching names.

If you're transferring enough SPG points for a complete award ticket, just transfer to an LH account with the SPG accountholder's name, and book the ticket for the passenger from that LH account.

WhyAich:

--- Quote from: AsherO on February 07, 2012, 11:02:03 AM ---If LH requires name matches (which I think they do), you need to create a new SPG acct with the second name, at the same address as the first SPG acct, wait 30 days, then transfer SPG > SPG. Then you'll have SPG > LH with matching names.

If you're transferring enough SPG points for a complete award ticket, just transfer to an LH account with the SPG accountholder's name, and book the ticket for the passenger from that LH account.

--- End quote ---
Thanks so much. The guy just wants to accumulate miles into his account LH account.
Q: if he has his own Starwoods account would it cause an issue to create a new one with a different address?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version