Author Topic: Capital One Deal- Does this make sense?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Capital One Deal- Does this make sense?
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:03:40 PM »
According to a promo e-mail I got to open a new checking account (with a $200 bonus) it seems like the following is true. For every non-PIN purchase I make on their debit card they give me "10 miles." 15,000 miles equals $150 in airfare. Therefore, if I make 1,500 separate one cent donations online (costing me $15, I will get $150 in airfare). I know its crazy to make 1500 transactions, but is this logistically possible? Anyone have any other ideas of how to take advantage of this offer?

------------------------------------------

Rewards Program:
Account holder will earn rewards for every debit card purchase: 10 miles for each non-PIN-based purchase (when 'credit' is chosen at checkout) and 5 miles for each PIN-based purchase (when debit/PIN is chosen at checkout). Account holder will also earn 10 miles for every electronic bill payment transaction via Online Bill Pay and recurring pre-authorized payment (up to 10 transactions per month) and 5 miles for all other customer-initiated withdrawal transactions (up to 10 transactions per month). Rewards do not accumulate for fees of any kind, such as NSF fees. Miles will be applied to the rewards balance on a monthly basis within 60 days after the end of each month. Limit one consumer Rewards checking account per customer. Capital One has the right to change or cancel this rewards program at any time.

Anniversary Bonus: Account holder will receive 1,000 miles on the first rewards membership anniversary with us if at least one debit card purchase is made during the first membership year. This bonus will be applied to the rewards balance within 60 days following the rewards membership anniversary date.

Account Opening Bonus for New Accounts: Customers will receive a one-time bonus of 1,000 miles when a new account is opened and the first transaction posts to the checking account. This bonus will be applied to the rewards balance within 60 days of the transaction amount posting to the account.

Direct Deposit Bonus: Account holders will receive a one-time bonus of 4,000 miles when the first direct deposit transaction posts to the checking account. Direct deposit must occur within 3 months of opening to qualify. This bonus will be applied to the rewards balance within 60 days of the transaction amount posting to the account.

The number of miles required by the customer for travel redemption will depend on the cost of the itinerary chosen by the customer at the time of redemption. The mileage requirement is as follows: 15,000 miles are required for tickets up to $150.00; 35,000 miles are required for tickets from $150.01 up to $350.00; 60,000 miles are required for tickets from $350.01 up to $600.00. For tickets over $600.00 in value, the required number of miles will be determined by multiplying the cost of the ticket by 100 (ex., $768 ticket requires 76,800 miles). The number of miles required to redeem for non-air travel redemptions will vary by rewards product and is subject to change at any time without notice. Customer can visit www.capitalone.com/nohasslerewards to register the account and see a complete description of current redemption offers. Customer is responsible for all associated taxes, airport security charges, fuel surcharges and other usage fees required for travel. These charges will be included in the overall calculation to determine the appropriate number of miles required for redemption.

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
Re: Capital One Deal- Does this make sense?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
Is there a limit on how many miles you can earn?